Weapons & Equip Magic Sponge

Do you have the hots for Magic Sponge?

• Yes.

Votes: 67 91.8%
  • No.

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
I think I good way of getting both ideas in the game would be something along the lines of this:
  • Maybe the Watering Can be an upgrade to the Magic Sponge, or vise-versa?
  • For an example; Have the Magic Sponge be a pre-Hard Mode item that can be upgraded to the Watering Can in Hard Mode?
  • A bad example of upgrading to the Watering Can being: You craft the Magic Sponge along with a few souls of Might, Sight, and Fright, to obtain the Watering Can.
I know the crafting recipe is bull, but something along the lines of what I mentioned above might settle this whole dispute and get Snicker and Baconfry to work together!

Watering Can is already an upgrade to the Magic Sponge, in that it can carry Lava, Honey, and Water. The Sponge is solely Water based, is less expensive, and available earlier, so it's already set below the Watering Can in terms of functionality. There really is no problem with having them both co-exist.

Well, I think one should be pre-Hard Mode and the other should be Hard Mode. You'd probably have to change the functions up a bit to make it fit that format, though. But that's fine, right? It should only be a matter of nerfing one of them a bit and buffing the other a bit.

*facepalm*
I had never even considered that we could put the two items in separate tiers. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
I thought of that, and even hinted at it slightly, but I guess i wasn't clear enough (or no one even saw my post... probably the second thing, it seems to happen a lot...)

Well, since the Watering Can has greater range (it's only logical, since it's a watering can), and it's perfectly acceptable to give increased range as the sole improvement with tier (Spectre tools), it's fine to have the Maguc Sponge as a lower-tier tool. Maybe I could even move the item to Water Chests. Hold on, adding...

Billy needs to be one of the traveling merchant's names, if it isn't yet..

As more changes have been made to the sponge, I'm more OK with this item also existing, though I like it for its ability to move great amounts of liquid, so it would give each tool a reason to keep around. I just really hope they can figure out a way to effect plant growth.
Okay, so the Magic Sponge can be found in a Water Chest, so that makes it pre-Hard Mode, aye? So I suppose @Snickerbobble's Watering Can can be Hard Mode?
I feel like tools like this should be pre-hardmode, as they're really not "powerful." As the main purpose for these tools are for building, which is best done on a pre-hardmode world, it is only convenient to have it available then. If it were up to me, I'd get rid of the spectre paint tools and just give the normal ones extra range (though thinking about it, I do like the looks of the spectre tools..). Never understood the point of needing to be at the endgame to paint more easily.

SCANNING SUGGESTION...
SCAN COMPLETE!

Great suggestion here! It gets my jumpscare of approva-
SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Awesome idea but I couldnt tell.

Will it require it to have soaked up water to work? It could store 10 buckets maybe

So, what if it could hold, say, three blocks of water at once? Also, if it's found in water chests, should it come already saturated? Great idea, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom