PC My game wont launch at all

Vegi

Terrarian
I've tried the integrity of the files, redownloading it 100%, running as admin to then have it tell me not to run it as admin, i'm so lost to why my game wont work. I am on a pc with windows 11.

I would first try force closing steam with task manager then trying to start it again, if not then go ahead and try to make a log file and send it here.

creating a log: simply go to your steam library, open Terraria's properties, and open Launch options, paste "-logerrors -logfile '' into the box. The next time you launch, it should make a log in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Logs.

Ah never mind when I created the folder My Games then inside it Terraria it pasted the logs inside the folder

I would first try force closing steam with task manager then trying to start it again, if not then go ahead and try to make a log file and send it here.

creating a log: simply go to your steam library, open Terraria's properties, and open Launch options, paste "-logerrors -logfile '' into the box. The next time you launch, it should make a log in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Logs.

Attachments

• Log_20240426134129411.log
    1 KB · Views: 15
Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)File name: 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll'

its saying this in the logs
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
File name: 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll'
at Terraria.Program.RunGame()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

You can try deleting the config.json file in your terraria folder: Documents\My Games\Terraria
Never ended up finding out how to do this and my game is still broken, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and steam itself. Zero clue why it won't work, super frustrating to sit and have zero way to contact anyone knowledgeable besides on forums of good people such as yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom