[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@blahblahbal

Is there a way to get the list of all the ~950 items checking some file or imputing some code or something? (I know about the all items map but that is missing many items)

Even if tconfig version and exxo version have things in common are they like 2 complete different versions or is the tconfig the old abandoned version or something?

Are there plans to add the bosses from the tconfig to exxo?

Thanks. Sorry for all this questions =s

@blahblahbal

Is there a way to get the list of all the ~950 items checking some file or imputing some code or something? (I know about the all items map but that is missing many items)

Even if tconfig version and exxo version have things in common are they like 2 complete different versions or is the tconfig the old abandoned version or something?

You can decompile it, and there should be in there Avalon.IDs.ItemIDs
At the bottom of that document should be a list of all the 'short' names for items (e.g. IronSword), and their numbers(e.g. 40). I think that this is what you want.

@blahblahbal

tConfig version is abandoned, it's atcually for Terraria 1.1.2.

@ReyneDZ, @Roxxz, @Dr. Lapis, @CATZSparks, @AlfredoBob69, please pay attention to this. I highly recommend everyone involved in this thread does the same.

@CATZSparks If you own terraria I'm pretty sure you have the right to get a backup of it from any source.

This is not true. The only authorized methods of obtaining any version of Terraria are Steam, GOG and the Humble Store. Anything else is not legitimate and, as far as we are concerned, promoting piracy. If you have some reasonable source to back up this claim, please PM it to me and we can discuss it further, but there is no such rule on this forum, and there are rules about sharing unauthorized download links and pirating the game and/or recommending it.

Allow me to be clear to all of you:

Downloading pirated versions of Terraria, be they 1.3 or otherwise, is against the rules on this forum. While we can't necessarily be sure of everything you do on your computer, if you encourage, promote, facilitate, or share information which would help someone do this, it can and will be a permanently bannable offense. At least one post in this thread could have warranted a permanent ban from this site for promoting pirating the game, but instead, we are deleting quite a few posts going with a first and final warning. If anyone here makes posts encouraging or promoting downloading 1.2.4.1 versions off of the internet, it will very likely result in a permanent ban.

Perhaps this is inconvenient for those seeking to play this mod, but that is no justification. You will have to wait for the mod to be updated.

Last edited:
@Leinfors

17 U.S. Code § 117 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Computer programs
(a)Making of Additional Copy or Adaptation by Owner of Copy.—Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106, it is not an infringement for the owner of a copy of a computer program to make or authorize the making of another copy or adaptation of that computer program provided:
(1)
that such a new copy or adaptation is created as an essential step in the utilization of the computer program in conjunction with a machine and that it is used in no other manner, or
(2)
that such new copy or adaptation is for archival purposes only and that all archival copies are destroyed in the event that continued possession of the computer program should cease to be rightful.

@Leinfors

17 U.S. Code § 117 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Computer programs
(a)Making of Additional Copy or Adaptation by Owner of Copy.—Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106, it is not an infringement for the owner of a copy of a computer program to make or authorize the making of another copy or adaptation of that computer program provided:
(1)
that such a new copy or adaptation is created as an essential step in the utilization of the computer program in conjunction with a machine and that it is used in no other manner, or
(2)
that such new copy or adaptation is for archival purposes only and that all archival copies are destroyed in the event that continued possession of the computer program should cease to be rightful.
This does not apply here. You can certainly back up your legal version from Steam; Steam gives you tools to do so.

This does not give anyone the right to go to a pirate site and download ANY version of the game, for ANY purpose.

Our policy is crystal clear: if you engage in promoting/linking details of how to obtain ANY VERSION of Terraria illegally, you can and will be removed from the community.

This does not apply here. You can certainly back up your legal version from Steam; Steam gives you tools to do so.

This does not give anyone the right to go to a pirate site and download ANY version of the game, for ANY purpose.

Our policy is crystal clear: if you engage in promoting/linking details of how to obtain ANY VERSION of Terraria illegally, you can and will be removed from the community.
I have a question, what about Game Launcher? As that allows the player to get an older version of the game. I'd say it's allowed, but might as well make sure. :p

I have a question, what about Game Launcher? As that allows the player to get an older version of the game. I'd say it's allowed, but might as well make sure. :p
Game Launcher uses binary diffs from legally-made backups of previous versions. It does not distribute the previous versions themselves.

I don't know the current status of Game Launcher as it pertains to previous versions - my understanding is that it no longer works and may not work again any time soon.

No game developer - including Re-Logic - has an obligation to provide previous versions of their game on demand. I don't know of one that does. Multiple released versions would cause a support nightmare, especially for a small developer.

No game developer - including Re-Logic - has an obligation to facilitate or support modding of their game, officially or otherwise. Some developers do, and good for them. Re-Logic has a neutral stance on it, but that does not mean people can take advantage of that.

I don't want this to get too far off-topic; if people have additional concerns, you can PM any members of the staff about this issue.

Game Launcher uses binary diffs from legally-made backups of previous versions. It does not distribute the previous versions themselves.

I don't know the current status of Game Launcher as it pertains to previous versions - my understanding is that it no longer works and may not work again any time soon.

No game developer - including Re-Logic - has an obligation to provide previous versions of their game on demand. I don't know of one that does. Multiple released versions would cause a support nightmare, especially for a small developer.

No game developer - including Re-Logic - has an obligation to facilitate or support modding of their game, officially or otherwise. Some developers do, and good for them. Re-Logic has a neutral stance on it, but that does not mean people can take advantage of that.

I don't want this to get too far off-topic; if people have additional concerns, you can PM any members of the staff about this issue.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. :)

I had a very buggy worldgen which placed Lihzard Altar where the Golem's head is stuck upon summon and I can't even damage it! And I then decided to edit my world.

I tried tEdit, but that didn't work (the world became corrupted so I've had to use a backup).
Is there a way to modify my Exxo Avalon world using tEdit or any other tool that can do this?

@Dr. Lapis Why dont you just get a temple key in the bugged world and create an other one and defeat the temple on that world?

Then when you get the picksaw modify the original word by hand so you can defeat golem there and go to the hidden temple on your world.

@Dr. Lapis Why dont you just get a temple key in the bugged world and create an other one and defeat the temple on that world?

Then when you get the picksaw modify the original word by hand so you can defeat golem there and go to the hidden temple on your world.

Thanks, but I actually just did what you said :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom