Good?

• Yes.

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Incomplete...

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
Good idea you have my support although maybe only 8-10 jungle spores because in my experience they are hard to come by pre-hardmode.

Edit: Can i use this in a mod?
drok0920Aproves.png
(just made this hope its not too big if it is please tell me)

Last edited:
The Obsidian Arrow should, instead of increased critical strike chance, ignore part of the target´s defence. That way, it would be more versatile.
That's kind of a powerful ability, though, and Obsidian is just sharp. It's not any more forceful than another arrow.

That's kind of a powerful ability, though, and Obsidian is just sharp. It's not any more forceful than another arrow.
when it comes to arrows, the ability to puncture armor is inborn. the ability to now lose power when piercing armor however depends on the sharpness of the arrowhead

when it comes to arrows, the ability to puncture armor is inborn. the ability to now lose power when piercing armor however depends on the sharpness of the arrowhead
Given that increased damage is essentially the same as ignoring defense, it would need a better reason than that to get a special armor-ignoring ability over other arrows. If any kind of arrow should get the ability to ignore armor, it would have to be some sort of Spectral arrow.

Not necessarily. If it uses a fraction of the defence, it could be more effective on heavily-armored enemies than on lightly-armored ones. Admittingly, that wouldn´t be very noticeable in some situations, but would still make crafting them worthwhile the moment HM begins, considering that, otherwise, Hellfire arrows would replace them a bit too quickly, which are more obsidian-efficient to buy/craft, while Unholy Arrows would be more effective for most of the game due to both being about as easy to obtain, but Unholy Arrows don´t require obsidian and can be bought.

Great suggestion as Always
But if you Blast mine Obsidian like me...it is too Powerful at its Tier...

In Order to Make the Weapon Truly Demonite/Crimtane tier,Why Not add Shadow Scales/Bloody Tissues to the Crafting Recipe?

Obsidian Sword.png

Crafted with 5 Rich Mahogany + 8 Obsidian at Work Bench.
Weapon
45 Damage
Average Speed
Strong Knockback
45% Chance to "Shatter" sending a "Crystal Shard" made of Obsidian
(Which would not bounce) upon a successful hit, each shard dealing 1/8 Weapon Damage.
Your idea made me think of this. I just made it, specifically for this thread.

Back
Top Bottom