Member-Run Project Tamers Network Project

Not really that it is hard, just that can't think how it could work, beside yeah, something easier may be usefull.
Also, good job on the sprite, I can't wait to make it's skills. But meanwhile I'm trying to make the wandering monsters AI work.
Stupid%20AI%20at%20work.png

They move like morons actually and does not start battle correctly,
gotta review their AI.
Also, add the Level of the monster on the Name.

Edit:. Added the end battle interface :D. It's the first interface job I did on my own that does not sucks.
Winner.png

The only thing that sucks is the problem with the texts, I will try to figure out how to fix it.

Last edited:
Yesterday I showed how ended up the end of battle hud, right?
Today I will show what I did to the in battle hud.
New%20Battle%20HUD.png

What do you think? Look's cool?
Also, if you have feedback about the interfaces, be sure to say it, I may be able to improve the game thanks to it.

Also, my next target will be remaking that menu that appears on the Lower Left part of the battle.
Also, thanks to all that the battle system is around 90% complete, but I may be wrong on the estimative :/.

Yesterday I showed how ended up the end of battle hud, right?
Today I will show what I did to the in battle hud.
New%20Battle%20HUD.png

What do you think? Look's cool?
Also, if you have feedback about the interfaces, be sure to say it, I may be able to improve the game thanks to it.

Also, my next target will be remaking that menu that appears on the Lower Left part of the battle.
Also, thanks to all that the battle system is around 90% complete, but I may be wrong on the estimative :/.
Again, looks way better than before. One tip, try not to have so much crap on the screen when you release the game. It will make the game look better.
Questions-
-What is the stamina for?
-when can i get a demo?
Suggestions-
-How about adding a system where you select a kill to learn on a monster, and the number next to it says how much enemies you have to kill to unlock it? It will make the player have to play longer making them more attached to the game and more likely to play it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453856976,1453856881][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not really that it is hard, just that can't think how it could work, beside yeah, something easier may be usefull.
Also, good job on the sprite, I can't wait to make it's skills. But meanwhile I'm trying to make the wandering monsters AI work.
Stupid%20AI%20at%20work.png

They move like morons actually and does not start battle correctly,
gotta review their AI.
Also, add the Level of the monster on the Name.

Edit:. Added the end battle interface :D. It's the first interface job I did on my own that does not sucks.
Winner.png

The only thing that sucks is the problem with the texts, I will try to figure out how to fix it.
Why does the results screen have to be so big? Are you going to add in something like the exp share from pokemon?

Answering your questions...

Stamina is used for some moves, if it depletes, you will not be able to use certain moves,
but some moves like Defend and Wait restores stamina, beside you will need to use a turn for that.

About a demo, I will not release a demo so soon, last time I released a demo, I ended up killing the player base of the other
version of this game :x.

Also, the game is heavily wip, with only about to five monsters, 3 of them have skills, and their number of skills are very limited, better wait until we implement new cool stuff for you guys
to discover and make use.

About your suggestion, I did not got it. What do you mean by a kill?

Also, the result screen is so big because on the future I will try to add support to other players or npc party information,
plus an area where you can check what you looted from monsters..

Answering your questions...

Stamina is used for some moves, if it depletes, you will not be able to use certain moves,
but some moves like Defend and Wait restores stamina, beside you will need to use a turn for that.

About a demo, I will not release a demo so soon, last time I released a demo, I ended up killing the player base of the other
version of this game :x.

Also, the game is heavily wip, with only about to five monsters, 3 of them have skills, and their number of skills are very limited, better wait until we implement new cool stuff for you guys
to discover and make use.

About your suggestion, I did not got it. What do you mean by a kill?

Also, the result screen is so big because on the future I will try to add support to other players or npc party information,
plus an area where you can check what you looted from monsters..
By a kill, I mean a monster killing another monster, like ko-ing them.

By a kill, I mean a monster killing another monster, like ko-ing them.
Oh, now I got it, the idea sounds fine, but on end game it may end up absurd, like 1000 kills to unlock and stuff, so I believe not a very good idea.
But wait, I am the developer. Hum...
I believe that may work, plus makes the game more possible of players to catch new creatures, better I look forward not making absurd unlock rate for new monsters.

vyAMUoQ.png

I've been doing things all wrong. Chris2Balls from Spriters Resource redid the sprite, and now I'm starting to rethink my shading. His version looks way better than mine.

I'm not sure if is real that better, Chris's version made the monster more pale, beside made better some linings of the sprite.

Also, I have a question about skills.
For Active skills, I plan on allowing the player to pick which skills they will be able to select while the monster is in combat,
but I have a few questions.
The player should be able to select up to 4 skills or more/less/infinite? (Classic way)
Passives also needs to be selected by the player to be used in combat or on field or they should be always active?
The player should also select which passive skills to use in combat or all are in effect once unlocked?

They are experts, though. And personally, I think you could get used to it. Besides, I like how he shaded around the eyes and what-not to add more depth to the design.

I'm not sure what you are asking.

They are experts, though. And personally, I think you could get used to it. Besides, I like how he shaded around the eyes and what-not to add more depth to the design.

I'm not sure what you are asking.
I agree that some parts have good shading effects like the eyes but, compared to the first image, the second makes the monster look's more pale. Like if it were in front of a lantern or something.

Beside, we does not know yet what is the player's opnion about it.
Also, I'm working on the status balancing of monsters, I'm doing a massive nerf
on the monsters status to avoid 1~150 attack damage during combat (yes, it was ridiculous).

Edit:. Well, I can see monsters from another map.
othermapmob.png

The same is valid for npcs.

Last edited:
I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan on the shading, but the guys there seem to think it's a bad idea to add dithering.

Nobody seems to be complaining about the way you sprite here in the forums. So I believe the current method also works, but you may still try improving if you want.

Also, I got an idea, what if instead of "Capturing" new monsters, the player "Persuade" them?
The idea is, each turn Talk is used, the player picks a monster to talk to, the monster will ask something or say something,
depending on what you answer the monster, it's approval rate increases/ drops, if you succeed, the monster enters your party,
if your team is full, the monster gives you something and then leaves the combat, if fails, let's say that an angry monster will now
want to beat you up.

Last edited:
Nobody seems to be complaining about the way you sprite here in the forums. So I believe the current method also works, but you may still try improving if you want.

Also, I got an idea, what if instead of "Capturing" new monsters, the player "Persuade" them?
The idea is, each turn Talk is used, the player picks a monster to talk to, the monster will ask something or say something,
depending on what you answer the monster, it's approval rate increases/ drops, if you succeed, the monster enters your party,
if your team is full, the monster gives you something and then leaves the combat, if fails, let's say that an angry monster will now
want to beat you up.
That sounds like a pretty crappy idea, think of good games like pokemon, You have to use capturing devices to catch them. The only reason why you should have to talk to them is if you're a monster trying to get them to help you, or if you want to improve your relationship with them

That sounds like a pretty crappy idea, think of good games like pokemon, You have to use capturing devices to catch them. The only reason why you should have to talk to them is if you're a monster trying to get them to help you, or if you want to improve your relationship with them
I dunno, I actually kind of like the idea.

MugoUrth told-me it's a Samurai Koi.
Also, I'm not a fan of that new shading method, but
either way, good job on the sprite Mugo.

Back
Top Bottom