Member-Run Project Tamers Network Project

Not sure. Some might not like the idea. Me, I actually don't mind it.
Note, the monsters will not get hungry so fast like on Digimon World I.
On my initial planning, a monster can get hungry enough to start losing nutrition
after 1 hour of gameplay.

Well, I'm currently wondering how I can make the battle a bit less static, or at least make the creatures look's more like alive.
I made a little fix based on monster scale and directioning in combat, so visual glitches like teleporting monster or misplacement does not
happens.

About the static animation, maybe I could begin with something basic, like adding a simple breathing animation, at least this will
make things visually better, right?

Well, latelly I discovered something that will be turning battles a little more interesting.
And it is the bezier curves. I can now make the creatures jump on the battle field, instead of sliding to the enemy direction.
Beside that does not look's like a very much great thing, at least makes the combat animations a bit better.

Also, latelly I've been running dry about ideas for monster skills, actually, there is a total of 10 skills that monsters can use,
the bad about not having much skills, is that monsters will not have many actions to pick for the combat.

But, eventually I'll get ideas of skills to add in the game.

Beside, I believe I should limit the max level of the game just in the early state of it, so it reduces the scope.

Also, I'm still wondering about the changes I should do on the way the encounters on the field happens,
the current method stinks, sincerelly, I wonder what other method I could use, and leave the current
one for field bosses or something like that.

You seem to be diligent with this project. ...Maybe I should try making monsters again. I feel kind of bad for not being more help.

You seem to be diligent with this project. ...Maybe I should try making monsters again. I feel kind of bad for not being more help.
And I feel bad for being lazy(Talking about myself) and am not complaining.
Even though we are short handed, this can be progressed slowly when we have the time.

I just wonder what the future will reserve for the game.

So about the Final Fantasy x-2 way of getting skills, I have more info about it.

So to get new skills in that game, you need AP. Like to get telekinesis, you need 45 AP. To get AP, you kill a monster, depending on the monster, will depend on how much AP you get from it. You also get more AP based on how many actions you take to kill that monster. Let's say that p1 attacks, then p2 casts bio on it, then p3 attacks and kills it, then you would get 3 extra AP. I hope you like this way of getting new skills and abilities throughout the game.

And, about
Well, I'm currently wondering how I can make the battle a bit less static, or at least make the creatures look's more like alive.
I made a little fix based on monster scale and directioning in combat, so visual glitches like teleporting monster or misplacement does not
happens.

About the static animation, maybe I could begin with something basic, like adding a simple breathing animation, at least this will
make things visually better, right?
You could just make the monsters get a little bigger, then a little smaller on an endless cycle when they're idling.

The AP system? I dunno, maybe if skills had a mastery system would be better, where the effect gets better according to how
much used it is?

Also, I'm adding a system of field difficulties, where each map will have a difficulty level, they goes from rank 1 to 5, depending on the ranking in the field,
the monsters will be harder because will have more status bonus ahead of the player, includding health and stamina.

By the way, I HAVE been working on the Wheel Mouse sprite. Slowly, but surely. I still have splints, so for most of the day all I want to do is lie in bed, but I'm trying to find time to work on sprites when I can.

By the way, I HAVE been working on the Wheel Mouse sprite. Slowly, but surely. I still have splints, so for most of the day all I want to do is lie in bed, but I'm trying to find time to work on sprites when I can.
Good, also, no worries, because I also have a lot to do on the project, so no hurry right now.

Hum, I've been thinking, what currency would the game use?
It could be Bytes like the older version of the project, but I believe calling
it Byte would make things.... Cliché.

Also, now adays exists digital currency, so I guess it would be a good idea to
create one with some random name.

Maybe bits?
Makes a lot more sense than Bytes, beside I dunno if would fit in the game as a currency.

Edit:. By the way... I've been checking, out of curiosity, how the game look's on the level 100.
The combat is kinda fair I'd say, but the exp reward is not...
NewTeaser.png

The cyan part of the exp bar is the exp the player had before the battle happened,
while the dark blue part of the exp bar is the exp acquired on the battle.

Also, I added monster quotes to the fight, if you win or lose a combat, you will see your monster talking, but the bad is, I believe the dialogues sucks currently, at least
I am sure the Nature Porcupine one sucks, by what said a player from my mod,
when I showed him the screenshot of the dialogue.

I will need to think about new dialogeus for creatures. I wonder.

Edit:. Also, modified how the field dificulty will work.
Each star grade will give a stack to a buff all field monsters have.
Each stack will add 50 Health and Stamina to the monster, plus 3 to all of it's status,
that status is multiplied by the stack of the buff, and does not have effect on buff level 1.

This will turn exploration on certain maps and dungeons more dangerous, so everything in the game world will not look's like the same dificulty.

Magic Opposum should say something wise and cryptic

Mean wolf should say something mean and fiesty

Mech raccon should say something robotic and raccoon-like, such as, "MUST DIG IN DISPOSAL CAN #5466"

Hope this helps

Magic Opposum should say something wise and cryptic

Mean wolf should say something mean and fiesty

Mech raccon should say something robotic and raccoon-like, such as, "MUST DIG IN DISPOSAL CAN #5466"

Hope this helps
Hum, I should look for making something like that, even more because indeed, I believe the texts that I placed in the game sucks.

Back
Top Bottom