Terraria: Otherworld - Post-GDC Details & Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i only have a question :3 (im sure it will be on steam but i dont know if you are going to do terraria: otherworld apart of the Common Terraria... or you will just update Terraria? Let Jimmy know :3

Glad to see you guys haven't changed the sword swinging animation.
Looks like the character is putting some upper-body into it, too!

^^

Hey i only have a question :3 (im sure it will be on steam but i dont know if you are going to do terraria: otherworld apart of the Common Terraria... or you will just update Terraria? Let Jimmy know :3
It will be a spinoff, separate game, alternate dimension from the original, *insert other stuff for separating it here*

Maybe TO will end up being on SteamOS, so you could use that instead?
What is this steamOS and why doesn't it have a TV commercial, if steam on the computer is so well known why isn't this (if it's real i'm gonna be surprised there is no commercial)?

Probably the best point to take away from this, in my opinion, is the lack of early access. I've seen far too many games crash and burn due to going early access and I greatly commend you on that. Many companies' reputations have been tarnished by bad early access games(of course I know this game won't be bad), and it pleases me this isn't happening.

Great work guys! Can't wait to see the finished product!

What is this steamOS and why doesn't it have a TV commercial, if steam on the computer is so well known why isn't this (if it's real i'm gonna be surprised there is no commercial)?

Do you use Steam at all?

If so, you should know what SteamOS is, because it has been advertised on the front page of Steam for weeks now. They also had this big thing a few months ago where they announced it, and everything. It isn't out YET, but it is a thing that is coming. It allows one to install this OS on a computer and essentially turn it into a console that plays select games from Steam Library; said OS is meant to be used with a controller.

Probably the best point to take away from this, in my opinion, is the lack of early access. I've seen far too many games crash and burn due to going early access and I greatly commend you on that. Many companies' reputations have been tarnished by bad early access games(of course I know this game won't be bad), and it pleases me this isn't happening.

Great work guys! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Early Access ain't the problem.

The problem is when a game developer goes to Early Access to fund their new game, and then they run out of funding before the game gets finished, and THEN it crashes and burns. Even if Re-Logic went Early Access with TO, this wouldn't happen because Re-Logic has other sources of revenue to keep them going.

But they decided against Early Access, which I don't blame them. Early Access has gotten such a negative stigma even though the program/idea itself isn't at fault.

Do you use Steam at all?

If so, you should know what SteamOS is, because it has been advertised on the front page of Steam for weeks now. They also had this big thing a few months ago where they announced it, and everything. It isn't out YET, but it is a thing that is coming. It allows one to install this OS on a computer and essentially turn it into a console that plays select games from Steam Library; said OS is meant to be used with a controller.
I do have steam but i hardly ever look at the front page just my library and the free section for new free games
[DOUBLEPOST=1426031865][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah obiously this game will be awesome... but yea Vulpes that is true some early access games, well just suck and developers make them better xD

people shouldn't give up on games for early access it's called that for a reason.The final product will always be better than the early access.

I do have steam but i hardly ever look at the front page just my library and the free section for new free games

Well, that would be why. The "Steam Universe" (which includes SteamOS) has been on the front page of Steam for awhile. In fact, they just had a Sale on all games that are currently SteamOS-ready and a few that are to become SteamOS-ready in the near future.

Also included in the "Steam Universe", is a VR headset, Steam Link (streaming device), a controller, and some console-like PCs that would run SteamOS.

EDIT: Apparently it disappeared off the front page. Looking up "Steam Universe" should find it though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426032116][/DOUBLEPOST]
people shouldn't give up on games for early access it's called that for a reason.The final product will always be better than the early access.

Unless, of course, the game crashes and burns because the developer was stupid enough to rely on it for funding. Many games never make it out of Early Access, and this is one of the biggest reasons as to why.

Also, those who go to early access are usually extremely small team indie developers... and it takes them a long freaking time to get a game released. People will play the early access version and then forget about it and move on to something else, and should the game get finished, people will go 'meh I already played that...' and have long since moved on and forgotten about it.

I doubt that'd be a worry with a game like Terraria, but again, as I said I don't blame Re-Logic for not going in that direction. I would have liked to get a shot at any Beta/EA versions of the game because I've been dang bored lately, but meh. No biggie.

I
Early Access ain't the problem.

The problem is when a game developer goes to Early Access to fund their new game, and then they run out of funding before the game gets finished, and THEN it crashes and burns. Even if Re-Logic went Early Access with TO, this wouldn't happen because Re-Logic has other sources of revenue to keep them going.

But they decided against Early Access, which I don't blame them. Early Access has gotten such a negative stigma even though the program/idea itself isn't at fault.
It mostly definitely is. It gives developers the idea that they can just release a half finished or even less finished product and rake in the money early. The mentality it has created is cancerous towards gaming and should be abolished. I'd rather wait longer and pay for a finished product than pay early and deal with an unfinished game that shouldn't be released for at least a year. DayZ is a prime example of a cash grab.

That machine with the floating diamond (that made appearances at 0:45 - 0:53, 0:53 - 0:57, 0:57 - 1:01, 1:01 - 1:10, 1:10 - 1:15, 1:15 - 1:19 and 1:19 - 1:23) seems to cleanse or purify or get rid of the corruption/Vile/Taint
[DOUBLEPOST=1426032570][/DOUBLEPOST]
That etc. makes me wonder...
Summoner

I
It mostly definitely is. It gives developers the idea that they can just release a half finished or even less finished product and rake in the money early. The mentality it has created is cancerous towards gaming and should be abolished. I'd rather wait longer and pay for a finished product than pay early and deal with an unfinished game that shouldn't be released for at least a year. DayZ is a prime example of a cash grab.
But if it's the right developer early access could do wonders for the game in many different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom