Terraria: Otherworld - Post-GDC Details & Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this doesn't turn into a console=6 months behind thing :c

Anything released to a console has to go through the Cert process.

This can take several weeks, so no matter what they do (short of delaying the PC release), the console version is always going to be behind. And if it should fail Cert for any reason... then that will only make it take even longer.

Most likely will due to the fact that terraria is more PC and came out on PC first.

Assuming they're going to be releasing the whole game at once, and then see how it goes from there, I see no reason why the console version would be far behind the PC version. It's not like Terraria is a game that really needs a lot of downgrading to a console, anyways.

Now the updates, if any, are an entirely different story.

Quick hits:

We are not fans of EA in general. We understand why some devs are forced down that road (not judging)...but we have the ability to choose and we are. Let's not turn this thread into a treatise and debate on EA please? :)

Someone from the code/dev side would have to address status and tech side in regards to Linux and older consoles. Not my expertise in the slightest...so we will have to wait on that.

Self-publishing would mean to do it all in-house from a publishing sense. For a parallel, on Terraria - Re-Logic publishes PC and 505 publishes console & mobile.

But if it's the right developer early access could do wonders for the game in many different ways.
Generally its impossible to tell what kind of dev will be 'the right dev'. Look at DayZ, prime example. People who made the mod made it into a standalone game, and that gets updated three time a year pretty much. Even with a good(ish) history behind them, they were still the 'wrong devs'. Meanwhile, the people who made Darkest Dungeons, made a legitmately amazing game but they're practically nobodies.

Quick hits:

We are not fans of EA in general. We understand why some devs are forced down that road (not judging)...but we have the ability to choose and we are. Let's not turn this thread into a treatise and debate on EA please? :)

Someone from the code/dev side would have to address status and tech side in regards to Linux and older consoles. Not my expertise in the slightest...so we will have to wait on that.

Self-publishing would mean to do it all in-house from a publishing sense. For a parallel, on Terraria - Re-Logic publishes PC and 505 publishes console & mobile.
What does EA stand for exactly, i'll look it up but i think i won't understand.

What does EA stand for exactly, i'll look it up but i think i won't understand.

Early Access, in this case.

Early Access games (usually on Steam), allow you to play the game in an unfinished state, with the promises that the game will be actually released, and sometimes a discount, and sometimes promotional "pre-order" bonuses for buying the game during its Early Access run. However, there are no guarantees that the game will ever be finished.

Early Access, in this case.

Early Access games (usually on Steam), allow you to play the game in an unfinished state, with the promises that the game will be actually released, and sometimes a discount, and sometimes promotional "pre-order" bonuses for buying the game during its Early Access run. However, there are no guarantees that the game will ever be finished.
the never being finished part is kind-of annoying but let's stop talking about early access like Loki said(before he deletes all our post).

1396558862907.png

Not only that, but if you take a closer look at the trailer, you'll see damage being dealt as a string of 1's. That could mean that debuffs will be viable assets in T:OW combat. Now, I don't know about you guys, but that's something I've been looking forward to for a long time.

Edit: first reply isn't even a borderline lack-of-content post, never thought I'd live to see the day.
T:OW combat? I don't understand your post explain please.
Otherwise, that is awesome!

T:OW combat? I don't understand your post explain please.
Otherwise, that is awesome!
I believe they meant combat in this game featured (Terraria: Otherworld, commonly abbreviated as T:OW) would have debuffs viable in combat as compared to Terraria Prime (the one we have currently).

I believe they meant combat in this game featured (Terraria: Otherworld, commonly abbreviated as T:OW) would have debuffs viable in combat as compared to Terraria Prime (the one we have currently).

I hope they don't over-do it, though. While I want debuffs to be meaningful and useful (unlike Terraria in its current state), I don't want them to be required to the point the game is severely difficult without them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom