Items Whip Weapons

I dunnno. :confused: Does there really need to be a superior whip? How about a bunch of endgame whips with different abilities to suit different people.

I dunnno. :confused: Does there really need to be a superior whip? How about a bunch of endgame whips with different abilities to suit different people.
Well, for the whip weapons, I tried my best to parallel the sword weapons, and there are usually multiple ways to combine those. There will be new ones, including a biome weapon idea *cough*secret*cough*, but there won't be enough if I just stop paralleling out of nowhere.

Sorry, I don't know anything about castlevania.

There are several things in Terraria that already (semi) nods to Castlevania: Holywater (the way it looks and is thrown), (probably) the Cross Necklace, the Death Sickle and Demon Scythe, the Reapers are also a likely reference. And the Solar Eclipse is pretty much "Castlevania Mode" (though it's probably more accurate to say that both Solar Eclipse enemies and Castlevania enemies are both drawn from classic Universal and Hammer horror movies.)

Anyway the relevant thing is: The whip of the Belmont clan is called the Vampire Killer and it's magically empowered to kill the undead.
In the games it is upgraded/evolves like this: Leather Whip -- Thorn Whip -- Chain Whip -- Morningstar -- Flame Whip, or the shortened version Leather w.-- Chain w. -- Morningstar.

Sorry for the info dump.

BTW, Here's a couple of longplays of the first two games in case you're intrested:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mOTUVXrAOE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U1VNQRQ6wfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

im not sure about the amount of whips. it seems like flails, and flails end at plantera tier. and the terra blade should be the only melee terra weapon, since a range, mage summon(?) could get better results. but other than that, pretty good.

im not sure about the amount of whips. it seems like flails, and flails end at plantera tier. and the terra blade should be the only melee terra weapon, since a range, mage summon(?) could get better results. but other than that, pretty good.
The whip functions more like a sword than a flail. I'm not saying there HAS to be a terra whip, it's just that it would be cool to have an upraded whip. I already talked about that, and the only solution I can see is if it was renamed, but I can't think of anything to rename it.
There are several things in Terraria that already (semi) nods to Castlevania: Holywater (the way it looks and is thrown), (probably) the Cross Necklace, the Death Sickle and Demon Scythe, the Reapers are also a likely reference. And the Solar Eclipse is pretty much "Castlevania Mode" (though it's probably more accurate to say that both Solar Eclipse enemies and Castlevania enemies are both drawn from classic Universal and Hammer horror movies.)

Anyway the relevant thing is: The whip of the Belmont clan is called the Vampire Killer and it's magically empowered to kill the undead.
In the games it is upgraded/evolves like this: Leather Whip -- Thorn Whip -- Chain Whip -- Morningstar -- Flame Whip, or the shortened version Leather w.-- Chain w. -- Morningstar.

Sorry for the info dump.

BTW, Here's a couple of longplays of the first two games in case you're intrested:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mOTUVXrAOE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U1VNQRQ6wfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The names it has had are already some ones that are in the thread.

pretty nice. but still. you didnt change the terra whip
pirate srsly.png
. a pumpkin and frost moon tier whip is decent, but having one to keep up with the terra blade is a little overkill.

I like whole whip idea because Castlevania, but I don't like how you're trying to imitate swords with them. And what's the idea behind "whipaxe"? Quite silly name tbh.
Suggestion on morning star and others - don't use other weapons in the recipe.

pretty nice. but still. you didnt change the terra whipView attachment 31119 . a pumpkin and frost moon tier whip is decent, but having one to keep up with the terra blade is a little overkill.
Give me a name and it will be renamed pronto!
New whips will be added within an hour.
I like whole whip idea because Castlevania, but I don't like how you're trying to imitate swords with them. And what's the idea behind "whipaxe"? Quite silly name tbh.
Suggestion on morning star and others - don't use other weapons in the recipe.
The whipaxe was an idea I came up with in another idea that never made it to the forum do to shear vastness. It's an extendable axe made of smaller axes, and it grows over the length of the swing. Meant for large scale tree massacre. In the idea there were all sorts of unique weapon/armor/npc consepts. Too bad I stink at typing.

Give me a name and it will be renamed pronto!
*facepalm* its not the name, its that its a solar eclipse whip. right now, the only weapons in the eclipse is the death sickle, true swords and and terra blade. adding a whole new weapon type without sprites and saying ''this will compete with the ultimate sword'' is a lttle bit sketchy. name? dosent matter. being a terra tier new eapon without any conection to the game? matters. a lot.

The whipaxe was an idea I came up with in another idea that never made it to the forum do to shear vastness. It's an extendable axe made of smaller axes, and it grows over the length of the swing. Meant for large scale tree massacre. In the idea there were all sorts of unique weapon/armor/npc consepts. Too bad I stink at typing.
Too much axes. Why not Smiting Whip or Undead Killer (nod to "vampire killer")? Like pulsing gold-silver chain with a cross-shaped tip.

Too much axes. Why not Smiting Whip or Undead Killer (nod to "vampire killer")? Like pulsing gold-silver chain with a cross-shaped tip.
Does anybody who at least partial supports this not want to thrash my head in with 50 requests for vampire killer each?

Does anybody who at least partial supports this not want to thrash my head in with 50 requests for vampire killer each?
Lol nope. 'Cause Castlevania is awesome and suggesting a whip into 2-d platforming game is bound to bring memories to people.

i like the idea.. not that im into whips and stuff... i can imagine a few people who like the rough dance with no pants really wanting this *coughs*

anyways, i can see a fair bit of thought has been put into this, so +1

i like the idea.. not that im into whips and stuff... i can imagine a few people who like the rough dance with no pants really wanting this *coughs*

anyways, i can see a fair bit of thought has been put into this, so +1
Lol, it's basically all I've been doing on the forum all week.

If did some ballencing for the "terra" whip, renamed a few items, and added a few (notsogood) sprites. Although I do think I did ok on the spinal cord.

Added a sticky whip for all you people who wanted to swing around! :p

at first i just laughed my arse off, then i read the rest... anyway... like tarzan kinda thing but without the vines and its a whip, so not like tarzan // you swing like tarzan okay? sheesh i hate explaining things

Back
Top Bottom