tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

Okay, so I downloaded the latest version of the loader, 0.8.2.1. I renamed my original Terraria. I moved all the contents in my My Games Terraria folder into a ModLoader folder. I'm having a weird issue with the loader though. When I hit Mod Browser, it takes 5-10 minutes for it to move. The whole thing just locks up. Then, the mod list generally either says it's offline or just comes back empty. Have I done something incorrectly? Is the mod server thingy just down? Does this keyboard make me look fat? Is this normal? Edit: Please, this is destroying my marriage. She's threatening to leave me if I don't get this solved in the next few minutes.

Last edited:
Okay, so I downloaded the latest version of the loader, 0.8.2.1. I renamed my original Terraria. I moved all the contents in my My Games Terraria folder into a ModLoader folder. I'm having a weird issue with the loader though. When I hit Mod Browser, it takes 5-10 minutes for it to move. The whole thing just locks up. Then, the mod list generally either says it's offline or just comes back empty. Have I done something incorrectly? Is the mod server thingy just down? Does this keyboard make me look fat? Is this normal? Edit: Please, this is destroying my marriage. She's threatening to leave me if I don't get this solved in the next few minutes.
The privacy reason who is cannot be take serious with your problem is strange.

Reinstall Terraria, put all file of compressed modloader file in the folder Terraria (not MyGame folder but the folder of the game)
Why you have rename Terraria? In the readme, he never say: rename terraria.

Is 50% the max percent to reduce ammo?
I tried putting "player.thrownCost66 = true" in the UpdateArmorSet but it wouldn't build.

Is 50% the max percent to reduce ammo?
I tried putting "player.thrownCost66 = true" in the UpdateArmorSet but it wouldn't build.

You do not need,i think, you put your "setbonus" bool in modplayer:

public override bool ConsumeAmmo(Item weapon, Item ammo)
{
if(setbonus && item.throwing && Main.rand.Next(10) == 0) return false; // 10% do not use ammo.
else return base.ConsumeAmmo(weapon, ammo);
}

You do not need,i think, you put your "setbonus" bool in modplayer:

public override bool ConsumeAmmo(Item weapon, Item ammo)
{
if(setbonus && item.throwing && Main.rand.Next(10) == 0) return false; // 10% do not use ammo.
else return base.ConsumeAmmo(weapon, ammo);
}
Is it able to be more than 50? Is there a max?

He do not exist a max. The only possible problems, this is when you have also bonus of other stuff, buff ^^.(well after, normally, no problem.)

Is there any way to dual wield weapons? Or at the very least, have an animation of two items being held?
Like this :
Ebony & Ivory.png
(Made for demonstration btw)
I made Ebony & Ivory from DMC as 2 separate items, but it just wasn't the same :sigh:

A mod build with Tapi exist. You can try upgrade this thing.
For have a animation of two items being held, use postdraw/ predraw.

You cannot use two items with left click to same time :p.

You need create a item who contains this two items and in the shoot, you trick that for who seems have two guns ^^. (You need probably use postdraw).

After, you have not vanilla player sprite look that, so, this is complex :p

Man, this is terraria, not deadpool or tomb raider ^^

You cannot use two items with left click to same time :p.

You need create a item who contains this two items and in the shoot, you trick that for who seems have two guns ^^. (You need probably use postdraw).

After, you have not vanilla player sprite look that, so, this is complex :p

Man, this is terraria, not deadpool or tomb raider ^^
Well, there goes my dream of cosplaying as Dante in terraria :/

ExampleMod is the example for how create a mod, you have check before say that? xD

For you, this is what "description"

And why so many ???!!! , who are you already? xD No please with that, also.

can someone please help me?:(
i tried to make a mod (for my self and just for fun, it should add 1 sword) and i can build the mod but when i try to load it only this appears:

An unexpected error has occurred.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

i tried to copy some lines from the examplemod files and i only get the same
thanks to those who're going to help me (or try)

Hi.

How do I start a TModLoader server from command prompt?

Edit: lol... literally there is a batch file in my directory. found it!

can someone please help me?:(
i tried to make a mod (for my self and just for fun, it should add 1 sword) and i can build the mod but when i try to load it only this appears:

An unexpected error has occurred.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

i tried to copy some lines from the examplemod files and i only get the same
thanks to those who're going to help me (or try)
Give the code for than we help you, the code of your weapon.
You have fail your postdraw/predraw or autoload, this is write here.
With that, also the name of your picture .

Last edited:
Hey a got a problem how to show more player bonus
player.setBonus = "5% increased melee damage";
player.setBonus = "5% increased melee speed";
player.setBonus = "If you stand on Graas 5% increased melee and movement";
but it show only one

Back
Top Bottom