Thorium Mod Wiki - Calling all contributors!

Catchy

Terrarian
Calling all Thorium Mod users:

Come contribute to the Thorium Mod wiki!

Greetings, Thecatchyname here! I'm glad to announce that our beloved Thorium Mod now has an official wiki: thoriummod.gamepedia.com! However, the wiki is still in its earliest infancy. Most of the groundwork has been laid, in terms of organisation and templates, but there's much to do. If you take a closer look, it bears close resemblance to the Terraria Wiki which is also on Gamepedia, and this is no coincidence as our wiki is heavily based off of it!

The creation of this wiki and its structure is greatly due to the hard work done by the Terraria Wiki Team, and we won't be here without them!

What can I do to help?
Following this page's list, you can furbish item pages using the {{Item infobox}} and {{Crafts}} templates, of which documentation and how to use it can be found on the wiki itself at Template:Item infobox and Template:Crafts. Be as detailed as you can when doing this, including things like damage, crafting recipes, sell values, notes, tips, trivia and more. And make sure they're accurate! You can do this by testing it in game using Cheat Sheet and Hero's Mod to help you along.

Don't worry about images, as DivermanSam and I have the source files and will upload them as time goes along. What we really need is a whole lot of people to write up each item's page!

What needs adding?

The wiki is mostly filled in, with remaining enemy and item pages to go! I will personally be working on enemies for the next few weeks. But if you have interesting notes, please feel free to add them in to the wiki (don't forget your formatting and proper use of English!)

In case you don't know where to start, look below:
  • Right now, we need:
    Individual Pages:
    • Interesting and noteworthy things you find about items worth sharing!
  • Someone to write a mediawiki module that can allow the comparison between Vanilla and Thorium items. <--- I need some inspiration on how we could write a function/page about this
What are you wating for? Head over to https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Thorium_Mod_Wiki and start removing those red links!

FAQ:

"I don't have experience with wikis, is there a tutorial?"

The best way to learn is to experiment with a page until you get the hang of it, then start adding and editing new pages as you get better! It can be as simple as copying the entire source code of an existing similar page, and tweaking the values and names.

Do make sure you check out the style guide and rules section of the wiki to learn the basics.

"I dun goofed! What do I do? "

Step 1) calm down! Wiki pages are not saved and fixed permanently once you click the "save page" button. You can always re-open the editor and fix your mistake! But if something too big is broken, don't hesitate to contact an admin for help!

Don't worry about making too many mistakes, as help is merely a post away (do post your questions here). If anything bad happens, a friendly admin (so far, that's only me) will provide assistance!

"Can you make me an admin? <insert reason here>"
If you're interested in becoming an admin, you've got to earn it! If you have outstanding contributions and great community spirit, your efforts won't go unnoticed, so don't worry! Also, if you have a wealth of experience in admining, do drop me a message! We are currently looking for admins! Otherwise, adminship will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Admin list: (don't let impersonators fool you!)
Thecatchyname (Me)
DivermanSam (@DivermanSam)
Snailgirlemily (@Shiki Sakura )
Tymon80 (@tymon80)

Admin activity monitor: Green
Green
: Admins are patrolling daily, and will reply within 24 hours.
Yellow: Admins will get back to you within a week or two, hang tight!
Red: Admins are intermittently occupied. Try not to set the place on fire, ok?

Where do I begin?

You can start by clicking on a red link to bring you to a page that needs creating and start from there!
Use existing pages as templates and fill in the required information as needed. Follow the Style Guide and Wiki Rules below for more detailed information on proper page writing:
Style Guide: https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Thorium_Mod_Wiki:Style_Guide
Rules: https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Thorium_Mod_Wiki:Rules

Consistency and reliability is key, but don't be afraid to be creative! Wikis are great if they look professionally kept and maintained, so don't do extreme things or vandalize. Templates are in place for making things simpler, and formatting is hardly a hassle. But do be innovative and insightful in writing item descriptions and trivia. As long as you follow the wiki Style Guide, you should be good to go!

Remember, wikis are about community and volunteering, so don't be afraid to jump on and enjoy the ride!

If you have any suggestions or questions, don't hesitate to leave a post here, or drop me a message.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Thank you for your contributions! Might I recommend using Cheat Sheet to help you?

Take note to use proper source formatting for headers ( == Header text ==) and template usage {{template name|value1|value2}}.

I've been using cheat sheet for all the work so far, as well as the header text thing (although I could be wrong on whether I'm using that correctly or not) however I'm not sure about the template o.o hope I'm doing ok >.<

I see someone added all the item files though for the pictures; cool. I will get started on the next section now, feel free to point out something if I'm off at all.

Edit: Ok I see areas that were changed, so I think I understand what was wrong somewhat ^^

Edit 2: Ok that page is pretty much complete in terms of item listing, hopefully I didn't miss anything. haha

Question should there be a separate page for the Healer Class items? As they aren't really weapons in any way except maybe 1 kinda.

Last edited:
I made at least a basic page for all of the items that could be made with Thorium Bars. I just recently started playing the mod so I can't really add anything to the tips, notes or trivia sections. Is there a way to determine the use time, knockdown, velocity and id values or will those just have to be left blank unless the mod dev adds them?

Also what exactly does the shoot attribute do in the item page guide infobox example and what should the item type be for the Spell Books and Staffs that don't do damage? I have them as tools right now since the Terraria Wiki does that for items like the Rod of Discord and Clentaminator which I figured were probably the closest in terms of currently defined item types.

I've been using cheat sheet for all the work so far, as well as the header text thing (although I could be wrong on whether I'm using that correctly or not) however I'm not sure about the template o.o hope I'm doing ok >.<

I see someone added all the item files though for the pictures; cool. I will get started on the next section now, feel free to point out something if I'm off at all.

Edit: Ok I see areas that were changed, so I think I understand what was wrong somewhat ^^

Edit 2: Ok that page is pretty much complete in terms of item listing, hopefully I didn't miss anything. haha

Question should there be a separate page for the Healer Class items? As they aren't really weapons in any way except maybe 1 kinda.

Great work so far! Yep, there should be a separate page for all the healer class items. Within that page we'll have (split into pre-h and hardmode, of course) armor, staves, spell books and accessories.

I made at least a basic page for all of the items that could be made with Thorium Bars. I just recently started playing the mod so I can't really add anything to the tips, notes or trivia sections. Is there a way to determine the use time, knockdown, velocity and id values or will those just have to be left blank unless the mod dev adds them?

Also what exactly does the shoot attribute do in the item page guide infobox example and what should the item type be for the Spell Books and Staffs that don't do damage? I have them as tools right now since the Terraria Wiki does that for items like the Rod of Discord and Clentaminator which I figured were probably the closest in terms of currently defined item types.

For use times, knockback, velocity and ids, only those with access to the source files (ie me and DivermanSam) can check them, so you can omit them. As of now, they are not terribly important (especially the ids) so we will add them as we go along, same with images.

Shoot attribute?

Yes, tool is fine for non-damaging items that have a function. Weapons are defined as anything that does damage, so the inverse is usually true.

Thank you for the good work so far! Will add the next few tiers of item listings.

Shoot attribute?

It's below potion and above sspeed in the infobox when you check out the source of the item style guide.

Could just be a mistake was just wondering if it was something that I was missing.

For use times, knockback, velocity and ids, only those with access to the source files (ie me and DivermanSam) can check them, so you can omit them. As of now, they are not terribly important (especially the ids) so we will add them as we go along, same with images.

True I just like having the use times and velocities so I can figure out whether or not a weapon is an upgrade or not hah.

It's below potion and above sspeed in the infobox when you check out the source of the item style guide.

Could just be a mistake was just wondering if it was something that I was missing.

True I just like having the use times and velocities so I can figure out whether or not a weapon is an upgrade or not hah.

Oh I see. That template is outdated, you can ignore the shoot. I've updated that template on the style guide, thanks for pointing it out. If you need clearer information, the /Template:Item_infobox/doc has better documentation.

I agree, that's why we're making this wiki: so that as much information as possible is available to users! :)

Progress Update #1 10 August 2016
Overall Wiki Completion Status: <12%
(We're getting there...)
Page of the week: https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Thor's_Hammer
Landing Pages:
  • Weapons (100%) Thanks to the efforts of @RaiokuMoonscar
  • Accessories (40%)
  • Banners (100%)
  • Ammunition (50%)
Individual Pages:
  • All Thorium Bar items. No more red links! :D
One day I will detail a post containing what has been done, and what has yet to be done etc etc. But even that itself will take some time.

Question about the Harbinger weapons, should i put them into the "Other Magic Weapons" section? Or should some of them not go in there like for example, the bow still uses arrows to fire, even though its magic dmg. So im unsure as to where i should put it, Bows/Other Ranged Weapons/Other Magic Weapons.

Or leave it in multiple categories, idk.

Edit Nvm You and Sam answered the question for me with the fixes, Thank you ^^

Oh one more thing should i put the energy depleted penguin wand in here? Don't know the dmg time but I assume its a true dmg one.

Last edited:
Question about the Harbinger weapons, should i put them into the "Other Magic Weapons" section? Or should some of them not go in there like for example, the bow still uses arrows to fire, even though its magic dmg. So im unsure as to where i should put it, Bows/Other Ranged Weapons/Other Magic Weapons.

Or leave it in multiple categories, idk.

Edit Nvm You and Sam answered the question for me with the fixes, Thank you ^^

Oh one more thing should i put the energy depleted penguin wand in here? Don't know the dmg time but I assume its a true dmg one.
Yes, It should be in the true damage section. The damage type is not specified.

Figuring out what should go where in the list is a bit difficult lol. Moved the "Spoon" to melee other since it looks like it fits in more than 1 class of weapon, should maybe do the same with the "Knife".

I also added the "Bloody Butcher" to the list, a weapon I missed that looks like a blade but is actually a boomerang so added to the melee other list as well.

Not sure if this is good identifying, but there's was my thoughts on it

Last edited:
Figuring out what should go where in the list is a bit difficult lol.

If you guys are trying to follow the Terraria Wiki's style then I believe they define the melee weapons by animation rather than design, so I think Thor's Hammer: Melee, Executioner, Thermogenic Impaler and The Soul Render would technically be considered swords over there as well, similar to how they define the Purple Clubberfish and Slap Hand as swords, even though they technically aren't swords.

Moved the "Spoon" to melee other since it looks like it fits in more than 1 class of weapon, should maybe do the same with the "Knife".

Spoon and Knife should probably stay as swords considering they're called swords in the Thorium mod main post.

I also added the "Bloody Butcher" to the list, a weapon I missed that looks like a blade but is actually a boomerang so added to the melee other list as well.

The Bloody Machete is actually from the base game, it's just a Halloween exclusive item.

Last edited:
I was going to start making all the Wings, but on the Terraria Wiki, the wings are all on one page. I tried doing that, but if I try and link the wings to a "Wings" page, the image next to it disappears! Is there a solution to this issue? I'm still new to editing wikis.

I was going to start making all the Wings, but on the Terraria Wiki, the wings are all on one page. I tried doing that, but if I try and link the wings to a "Wings" page, the image next to it disappears! Is there a solution to this issue? I'm still new to editing wikis.
For each individual wings item on the accessory page create a page for them that redirects to the main wings page with #REDIRECT [[Wings]]. I think that should keep the icons up.

Back
Top Bottom