Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

i think i found a bug,its common with every tmodloader update but sometimes when i left click anything with inventory open it just makes me unable of using anything in my inventory at all
[doublepost=1489526724,1489526481][/doublepost]for example,if i have to open an item by clicking on it,and afterwards the item goes away from my inventory,it gets locked up

i think i found a bug,its common with every tmodloader update but sometimes when i left click anything with inventory open it just makes me unable of using anything in my inventory at all
[doublepost=1489526724,1489526481][/doublepost]for example,if i have to open an item by clicking on it,and afterwards the item goes away from my inventory,it gets locked up
You don't have autopause enabled....do you?

No,i even made sure,and to be exact if i do say,place a single stack item like a chest (i have 1 chest) then after i place it with the inventory open it blocks so i cant use any item nor left click anything until y save and exit and re-enter

No,i even made sure,and to be exact if i do say,place a single stack item like a chest (i have 1 chest) then after i place it with the inventory open it blocks so i cant use any item nor left click anything until y save and exit and re-enter
Ok, that sounds like the even more modifiers bug. (a few other mods have similar bugs) Remember, your first step in debugging tmodloader problems is to disabled all mods.

Can someone help me with this? I'm trying to get a NPC to make the Stone Tink sound on hit:

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using Trelamium.Projectiles;
using Trelamium;

namespace Trelamium.NPCs.Gemstone
{
    public class AngryGeode : ModNPC
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            npc.name = "AngryGeode";
            npc.displayName = "Angry Geode";
            npc.aiStyle = -1;
            aiType = -1;
            npc.damage = 44;
            npc.width = 42;
            npc.height = 72; 
            npc.defense = 38;
            npc.lifeMax = 500;
            npc.knockBackResist = 0f;
            npc.value = Item.buyPrice(0, 0, 3, 0);
            npc.HitSound = Main.PlaySound(SoundID.Tink, npc.position);
            npc.DeathSound = SoundID.NPCDeath52;
            npc.behindTiles = true;
            npc.lavaImmune = true;
        }

Okay. I'm gonna try asking this here but uh...I'm having a huge issue with my game recently. For starters all my "Purity" things (including the underground) have absolutely no sound to them and displays the jungle background. Biomes work fine but here's the real odd thing. In the bottom part of hell there is a very small line from one side to the other that plays Crystillium's biome music. A mod that I do not have installed. I even did a fresh install of the game which DID fix it...but it seems to be back now. Any way I can get this fixed?

Vanilla mannequins are programmed in such a way that prevents us from fixing it without breaking compatibility with vanilla worlds. We'll discuss some ideas.

Is a solution possibly to have modders create "statues" displaying their armours as an extra, with the same look as a mannequin, but not the same functionality, rather than having it tied to the mannequin code? It would mean a bit more work on their part, but it's possibly going to create less stress on the tmodloader peeps. That way, we can still have the armours/weapons displayed, but they loose their ability to add/remove pieces at will. It LOOKS the same, just doesn't ACT the same. I'd be ok with this, if it meant I could display things like usual, it just means more for the modders to code/sprite.

Can someone help me with this? I'm trying to get a NPC to make the Stone Tink sound on hit:

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using Trelamium.Projectiles;
using Trelamium;

namespace Trelamium.NPCs.Gemstone
{
    public class AngryGeode : ModNPC
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            npc.name = "AngryGeode";
            npc.displayName = "Angry Geode";
            npc.aiStyle = -1;
            aiType = -1;
            npc.damage = 44;
            npc.width = 42;
            npc.height = 72;
            npc.defense = 38;
            npc.lifeMax = 500;
            npc.knockBackResist = 0f;
            npc.value = Item.buyPrice(0, 0, 3, 0);
            npc.HitSound = Main.PlaySound(SoundID.Tink, npc.position);
            npc.DeathSound = SoundID.NPCDeath52;
            npc.behindTiles = true;
            npc.lavaImmune = true;
        }
npc.HitSound = new LegacySoundStyle(SoundID.Tink, 1);
should work.
[doublepost=1489536684,1489536629][/doublepost]
Okay. I'm gonna try asking this here but uh...I'm having a huge issue with my game recently. For starters all my "Purity" things (including the underground) have absolutely no sound to them and displays the jungle background. Biomes work fine but here's the real odd thing. In the bottom part of hell there is a very small line from one side to the other that plays Crystillium's biome music. A mod that I do not have installed. I even did a fresh install of the game which DID fix it...but it seems to be back now. Any way I can get this fixed?
It would be prety mysterious if you hear the Crystillium biome music without having it installed. Anyway, disable mods until you figure out the problem mod.
[doublepost=1489536767][/doublepost]
Is a solution possibly to have modders create "statues" displaying their armours as an extra, with the same look as a mannequin, but not the same functionality, rather than having it tied to the mannequin code? It would mean a bit more work on their part, but it's possibly going to create less stress on the tmodloader peeps. That way, we can still have the armours/weapons displayed, but they loose their ability to add/remove pieces at will. It LOOKS the same, just doesn't ACT the same. I'd be ok with this, if it meant I could display things like usual, it just means more for the modders to code/sprite.
No, modders shouldn't do that. The solution for all problems is to just get more "tModLoader peeps", but we'll think about it and probably come up with a solution.

so, uhh... it uninstalled itself and now I cant reinstall (I get a message fro panda cloud antivirus saying the removed an unwanted file? possibly that how do I uninstall it?)

Okay so I did the .jar and it said the install was complete but im still on version 9.1 :(
Well, maybe you had Terraria open while you tried, or something else. I'd just follow the manual instructions in the readme.txt if you had any problems.

My friends and I keep crashing on my server whenever we throw something out of our inventories.
upload_2017-3-15_0-37-28.png

Just tried to play Terraria after updating, and game crashes to desktop every time i place any block.
I get the little white box saying this.

3/13/2017 7:55:54 AM
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetItemInfo(Item item, Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Item.GetModInfo(Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Item.GetModInfo[T](Mod mod)
at ItemCustomizer.CustomizerPlayer.<weaponDye>m__0(PlayerDrawInfo drawInfo)
at Terraria.ModLoader.DrawLayer`1.Draw(InfoType& drawInfo)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayers()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)
View attachment 162633

P. S. I'm not using item customizer. And when all mods disabled. It stopped immediately when I reverted back to the previous tmodloader version.

P. S. I'm not using item customizer. And when all mods disabled. It stopped immediately when I reverted back to the previous tmodloader version.
Your error log indicates you were using item customizer at some point. Many using that mod have been reporting crashes recently, as it needs to be updated.

And the crashes would've stopped immediately when you switched back to an older version of tMod, because Item Customizer is only having problems with the latest version of tMod.

Hey, the developers of TmodLoader, I am LonelyStar. As a Chinese student who love playing Terraria, translation is always a problem. If you don't know, many Chinese player use illegal pirate version of terraria just because they cannot read English. (I don't want to talk about other reason since that is not what I want to say here.)

So, as one of a leader of the translation group , I want to translate TmodLoader to Chinese version so that more Chinese player will know, play and discuss mods and tmodloader. I can promiss that I won't make it to private version. (Well, I am a student who study in University of Sydney and I definitely know what plagiarism is and how worse it is.) And I will put a link of the website and all the developers name in a word document and put it in a group file and force everyone in that group read it.

Wait, group? Word document? I know it is a bit confused, but I will explain the reason.

1. The group is a QQ group, you can google what QQ means. You can write announcement, upload files, document or pictures and share resources with other members in the group. Right now, there is a thousand of people in my group. People have to answer the question : Are you using a steam version of terraria? They can only enter the group if they say yes. Some people do lie on this question but I will kick him out as soon as I find they are lying.

2. I will only share tmods and tmodloader in this group whether they are English or Chinese version. Some of you may know about the Chinese Terraria forums called Tieba, many Chinese may already ask you to share the tmodloader on Tieba. However, I do not trust people in Tieba because most of them prefer pirate version instead of cost 36 RMB (less than 6 US dollars) to buy terraria on Steam. I'd better tell you that there are already a pirate version of TmodLoader and tricks about how to play Tmodloader without Steam which make me kind angry.

Therefore, I choose to share these resources in my group, not Tieba. They want to play? Then buy Terraria and join my group.

Actually, the Chinese version of TML has been released for few months which attract a lot of people to buy terraria and join my group. I apologise about that. But it would be appreciate that you can allowed me share the Tmodloader and even translate it. I will ask for the permission of translating some mod with the developers later on.

Thank you, and I am willing to answer any question about Tieba and my QQ group. (please be friendly about my language XD)
@bluemagic123

npc.HitSound = new LegacySoundStyle(SoundID.Tink, 1);
should work.
[doublepost=1489536684,1489536629][/doublepost]
It would be prety mysterious if you hear the Crystillium biome music without having it installed. Anyway, disable mods until you figure out the problem mod.
[doublepost=1489536767][/doublepost]
No, modders shouldn't do that. The solution for all problems is to just get more "tModLoader peeps", but we'll think about it and probably come up with a solution.

I really hope you guys can figure out a solution for the weapon racks/Mannequins, I'm the kind of guy who really enjoys good spritework, and love some of the sprites these mod-makers can create (Shout-out to the Spirit Mod Team), and it really hurts not being able to display my trophies over my base.

I've actually just been waiting for a fix to this issue before I really start playing, my friends are the same way.

Back
Top Bottom