Biomes & Nature Meteor Revival: Making Meteorites a Legitimate Biome

I like all of this, except for the clay turning into dirt. Would the game still "know" that it should revert to clay once the meteorite is gone? (presumably by having it internally recorded as a separate thing, like with natural vs player-placed walls)

Well, I feel that the meteorite "biome" is everything I would expect of it - a meteor crash and the meteor heads that spawn with it. I somewhat feel that trying to make it more "appealing"/"interesting" seems... wrong, somehow.

However, I particularly like your suggestion. Having a limited spread dependant on the presence of meteorite is a cool concept.

Now, how would this work in Hardmode? If you hand-placed some meteorite near the edge of Corruption/Crimson, would it stop the spread? Could you use it to save the jungle? Or would it be overrun by those biomes?

I like the idea, but I don't really get the name of "ion" for the meteors, it would be better if the name was some made up metal like asteroiduim or something like that. (ion is a particle and not a metel)

I like all of this, except for the clay turning into dirt. Would the game still "know" that it should revert to clay once the meteorite is gone? (presumably by having it internally recorded as a separate thing, like with natural vs player-placed walls)
I changed the conversion radius to 1 instead of 2, but I honestly don't think losing a layer or two of Clay is much of a problem. It doesn't propagate, so only the portion nearest to the grass/stone/whatever will be lost. This won't be eliminating entire deposits, so you don't have to worry. ;)

Now, how would this work in Hardmode? If you hand-placed some meteorite near the edge of Corruption/Crimson, would it stop the spread? Could you use it to save the jungle? Or would it be overrun by those biomes?
It would cancel the spread just like the other spreading biomes stop each other.

I like the idea, but I don't really get the name of "ion" for the meteors, it would be better if the name was some made up metal like asteroiduim or something like that. (ion is a particle and not a metel)
Time to brush you up on the nature of metallic bonding:
Wikipedia said:
Metallic bonding occurs as a result of electromagnetism and describes the electrostatic attractive force that occurs between conduction electrons (in the form of an electron cloud of delocalized electrons) and positively charged metal ions. It may be described as the sharing of free electrons among a lattice of positively charged ions (cations).
I have yet to hear a better/cooler sounding name, so it will stay "Ion" for now. :)

I like it, it almost seems like the meteorite contains some sort of alien spore.

maybe in hardmode, more enemies could start appearing, like alien man eating plants. (not necessarily man eater AI)

I like it, it almost seems like the meteorite contains some sort of alien spore.

maybe in hardmode, more enemies could start appearing, like alien man eating plants. (not necessarily man eater AI)
Hmm... maybe, if you can come up with something more specific.

Hmm... maybe, if you can come up with something more specific.
I'll ponder for a bit. I also think new herbs could start growing on the ionized grass, for new potions n' such. if they were to be used for really good potions, maybe they would bloom on a solar eclipse. I'll save that for a suggestion of my own though, to tie in with this one.

for the enemies I proposed.

like I said, they are essentially alien plants.

Corneation: the most common kind could be a large eye-like flower at the end of a stalk, this one would have the man eater AI, and shoot yellow lasers at you.

Novillium: an enemy that acts like the antlion, but instead of sand, it shoots volatile arching fireballs that act like molotovs, appearance wise, it would be a large bulb.

the last one is a flying enemy, it doesn't really directly attack the player, but it releases spores that when they come in contact with a block, will spawn Corneations on the block it came in contact with. the spores will be called "parasights"... I can't think of a name for it yet.

I'll leave stats up to you, because I'm not sure what point in hard mode you would want these enemies balanced for. (although I would personally make them post plantera, or post mech)

Ionized Worm.png
Ionized Worm Head.png
Ionized Worm Body.png
Ionized Worm Tail.png
Meteor Slime.png
Spiked Meteor Slime.png

More sprites by @Vikri! (Tyvm!!)

I also revamped the enemies section. Check out the changes!

Last edited:
I like it.

A new herb that grows in meteorite biomes would be cool, also. No idea what it'd be used for. Maybe some more complex magic potions, or some other summoner potions?

for the enemies I proposed.

like I said, they are essentially alien plants.

Corneation: the most common kind could be a large eye-like flower at the end of a stalk, this one would have the man eater AI, and shoot yellow lasers at you.

Novillium: an enemy that acts like the antlion, but instead of sand, it shoots volatile arching fireballs that act like molotovs, appearance wise, it would be a large bulb.

the last one is a flying enemy, it doesn't really directly attack the player, but it releases spores that when they come in contact with a block, will spawn Corneations on the block it came in contact with. the spores will be called "parasights"... I can't think of a name for it yet.

I'll leave stats up to you, because I'm not sure what point in hard mode you would want these enemies balanced for. (although I would personally make them post plantera, or post mech)
I don't want to choke out the biome with a bunch of plants, though, so maybe just pick your favorite one.

A new herb that grows in meteorite biomes would be cool, also. No idea what it'd be used for. Maybe some more complex magic potions, or some other summoner potions?
I'll think on it. :)

I really like SzGamer's suggestion, very detailed.
I will keep checking on were this is going :)

Back
Top Bottom