Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hey! So my friend and I were trying to play Calamity together, but he has a 4k monitor and while the UI is scaling, the text on everything is not scaling. I was wondering if there would be any possible fix to this (we tried without the calimity mod installed and still had scaling problems and text scales fine in base game terraria. Hope you guys can fix this, but there is no rush at all! Y'all are amazing and I really appreciate what you do! Thank you!

This came up as soon as I opened terraria on mac, with TMODLOADER, "Could not load type 'System.Windows.Forms.Form' from assembly System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. at Terraria.Main.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gametime) [0x00030] in <e59682a795764348aff9c82ofoa696f8> :eek:

Same thing happened to me!

Found an oddity when I have a bunch of mods enabled, but doesn't happen ALL the time. Statues get odd when placed, for example, placing a Drippler Statue looks odd when you try to place it, and spits out a Mechanical Worm summon item when it's placed. You can break the statue to get it back, and you get a Armor Statue as well, when you break it. It's weird, doesn't happen all the time, so it's hard to figure out when mod does it. I disable them all, and it still did it, until I restarted the game. Also, every statue seems to do it's own weird thing, one will spit out a Star Cloak when placed, etc. Unsure if it's even a mod that is doing it, or if it's tModLoader, because of the inconsistency. Was thinking someone that knows mods better under the hood, may have an idea

this is likely the stupidest question but could someone provide me with the pathname for the Mac mods folder mine is stuck and I would like to remove some mods

I'm having an issue that I'm unsure whether or not it's related to downloading this. I just played in my vanillah worlds but noticed that the world wasn't saving anything related to chests. If i put an item into a chest and exited the world, it was gone upon reloading the world. If I took an item out and exited, it would be both in my inventory and back in the chest upon reloading. The items on my character, in my inventory, safe, and piggy bank are not affected by this. Could this be caused by the mod launcher?

So it seems that in the new Tmod update every time i press LeftShift, the button i use to quick trash and store things, the game runs fine for around 5-15 seconds and then crashes, saying:
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
Please help.
[doublepost=1497725948,1497725859][/doublepost]
Hey anyone know if it is possible to join a server on Tmodloader with mac cuz i want to play modded Terraria with my friends but we can't join each other we tried with Ip but it only says loading Ip adress :p
could just be that the host, or you, or everyone, has a somewhat slow computer, this happens to everyone I see using windows 7 or before.

Sombebody please help me, I've been working on this boss for multiple hours and cant seem to get it working

I get the error,
c:\Users\Nope\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\wp\NPCs\Boss\PacMan.cs(38,30) : error CS0115: 'wp.NPCs.Boss.PacMan.AutoloadHead(ref string, ref string)': no suitable method found to override

The coding is this
Code:
using System;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace wp.NPCs.Boss
{
    public class PacMan : ModNPC
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            npc.name = "Pac";
            npc.displayName = "Pac";
            npc.aiStyle = 5;  //5 is the flying AI
            npc.lifeMax = 12000;   //boss life
            npc.damage = 100;  //boss damage
            npc.defense = 36;    //boss defense
            npc.knockBackResist = 0f;
            npc.width = 100;
            npc.height = 100;
            animationType = NPCID.DemonEye;   //this boss will behavior like the DemonEye
            Main.npcFrameCount[npc.type] = 2;    //boss frame/animation
            npc.value = Item.buyPrice(0, 40, 75, 45);
            npc.npcSlots = 1f;
            npc.boss = true; 
            npc.lavaImmune = true;
            npc.noGravity = true;
            npc.noTileCollide = true;
            npc.soundHit = 8;
            npc.soundKilled = 14;
            npc.buffImmune[24] = true;
            music = MusicID.Boss2;
            npc.netAlways = true;
        }
        public override void AutoloadHead(ref string headTexture, ref string bossHeadTexture)
        {
            bossHeadTexture = "wp/NPCs/Boss/PacMan_Head_Boss"; //the boss head texture
        }
        public override void BossLoot(ref string name, ref int potionType)
        {
            potionType = ItemID.GreaterHealingPotion;   //boss drops
            Item.NewItem((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, mod.ItemType("FirebornOdachi"));
        }
        public override void ScaleExpertStats(int numPlayers, float bossLifeScale)
        {
            npc.lifeMax = (int)(npc.lifeMax * 0.579f * bossLifeScale);  //boss life scale in expertmode
            npc.damage = (int)(npc.damage * 0.6f);  //boss damage increase in expermode
        }
    }
}

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom