Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

How do I make an NPC spawn in hardmode? I've looked it up and I'm still confused.

CODE:
public override float SpawnChance(NPCSpawnInfo spawnInfo)
{
SpawnCondition.OverworldNightMonster.Chance * 0.35f;
}

How do I add a glow mask to my armor? I want some pieces of it to glow in the dark, I already made the sprites for it as well

I got this error when the game crashed when I tried to open the Mod Browser. What do I do, delete old files to make room?
TModError.png

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported yet, but many modded doors (the two I've specifically tried are the Yew Wood Door from Thorium and the Floralwood door from Jenosis' Cosmetic Variety mod) don't seem to respect the Smart Cursor, being untargetable and requiring the player to manually mouse over. Might just be an issue with the way the mods implement their doors and not something on tmodloader's side.
I'll test some more doors and edit this message afterwards.

Edit: Smart Cursor will target doors if you have a pickaxe in hand and are pointing in the direction of the door, but only to highlight the block you want to mine. It still functions to open the door, but won't close the door. This persists across all modded doors from Jenosis' Cosmetic Variety and Thorium at least.

Double Edit: This is using tmodloader 0.10.1.1. Mod list below.
- World Gen Previewer
- What Mod Is This From?
- Wireless
- Wingslot
- WeaponOut
- VeinMiner
- Vanilla Tweaks
- Vanilla Dye Fix
- Unleveled
- Universal Crafting Station
- Thorium
- The One Library
- Strange Dye Recipes
- Shorter Respawn Time
- Invulnerable NPCs
- "Solutions" Mod
- Shader Lib
- Secret Dyes
- Rewards
- Recipe Browser
- Quality of Life : Recipes
- Portable Storage
- Ore Seeds
- No Text Pulse
- No More Tombs
- No Fish Timer
- Terra's Wing Compilation (updated ver.)
- Additional Accessory Slot mod
- Mining Lanterns
- Melee To Throwing
- Mechtransfer
- Magic Storage
- Magic Fertilizer
- Longbows FTW
- Item Checklist
- imkSushi's Mod
- imkSushi's Death Counter
- HERO's Mod
- Hamstar Helpers
- Golden's Misc
- Full Health Respawn
- Boss Health Bar mod
- Fast Fall mod
- Fargowiltas' Mutant Mod
- Expanded Sentries
- Dye Easy
- Jenosis' Cosmetic Variety Mod
- Calamity
- Boss Checklist
- Autotrash mod
- Armour Hair Dye
- AllTheWalls mod
- All Blend mod

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this bug has been reported yet, but many modded doors (the two I've specifically tried are the Yew Wood Door from Thorium and the Floralwood door from Jenosis' Cosmetic Variety mod) don't seem to respect the Smart Cursor, being untargetable and requiring the player to manually mouse over. Might just be an issue with the way the mods implement their doors and not something on tmodloader's side.
I'll test some more doors and edit this message afterwards.

Edit: Smart Cursor will target doors if you have a pickaxe in hand and are pointing in the direction of the door, but only to highlight the block you want to mine. It still functions to open the door, but won't close the door. This persists across all modded doors from Jenosis' Cosmetic Variety and Thorium at least.

Double Edit: This is using tmodloader 0.10.1.1. Mod list below.
- World Gen Previewer
- What Mod Is This From?
- Wireless
- Wingslot
- WeaponOut
- VeinMiner
- Vanilla Tweaks
- Vanilla Dye Fix
- Unleveled
- Universal Crafting Station
- Thorium
- The One Library
- Strange Dye Recipes
- Shorter Respawn Time
- Invulnerable NPCs
- "Solutions" Mod
- Shader Lib
- Secret Dyes
- Rewards
- Recipe Browser
- Quality of Life : Recipes
- Portable Storage
- Ore Seeds
- No Text Pulse
- No More Tombs
- No Fish Timer
- Terra's Wing Compilation (updated ver.)
- Additional Accessory Slot mod
- Mining Lanterns
- Melee To Throwing
- Mechtransfer
- Magic Storage
- Magic Fertilizer
- Longbows FTW
- Item Checklist
- imkSushi's Mod
- imkSushi's Death Counter
- HERO's Mod
- Hamstar Helpers
- Golden's Misc
- Full Health Respawn
- Boss Health Bar mod
- Fast Fall mod
- Fargowiltas' Mutant Mod
- Expanded Sentries
- Dye Easy
- Jenosis' Cosmetic Variety Mod
- Calamity
- Boss Checklist
- Autotrash mod
- Armour Hair Dye
- AllTheWalls mod
- All Blend mod
smart select is an upcoming feature.

Hey, so i'm making a mod but i don't know how to put an icon onto my mod. Can you help me?
Put a file named icon.png in your mod's Mod Sources folder (where your build.txt is) and make its size 80x80 (single pixels) wide and tall.

It'd probably be quicker if you asked this on the tMod discord, by the way.

I don't know if this was reported yet based on a quick search. I believe there is a tModLoader bug involving the DD2 accessories, specifically the four that increase turret limit by one and summon damage by 10%. Depending what slot any of the accessories are equipped in, the bonuses will multiple based on the distance from the bottom accessory slot. So if you have five accessory slots and have one of those accessories equipped in the first slot, the bonuses will be five times. With six accessory slots, six times the bonuses. No, this isn't caused by my main mod, Expanded Sentries. This was happening long before I made that mod. I even tested this with no mods enabled at all and this still happens.

Back
Top Bottom