NPCs & Enemies Biome Chest Mimics

neoselket

Ice Queen
There are Mimics for wood, shadow, and gold chests, but none for dungeon chests. My idea is for Mimics to spawn rarely, like paladins in the dungeon in hardmode, before and after plantera, disguised as (locked or unlocked) dungeon chests. They can be disguised as corruption, crimson, hallow, snow etc. chests. They have a higher chance to drop key molds (of the chests they're disguised as) than other mobs. Normal mob's chance to drop a key mold of the biome they're in: 1 in 2500. Biome Mimic chance to drop a key mold of the chest they're disguised as: 1 in 100. They would be minibosses, and have 3000 health, 20 defense, 60 damage, and drop 5-10 gold coins. They would use the Mimic AI.

Maybe, but in pre hardmode, you know the approximate position of each chest, and the objective of the Mimic is to surprise players wandering new areas while mining in hardmode, even though the idea of higher drop rate is good

key mold farms are pretty easy to make. I have all the weapons requiring keymolds. I have some spare hallow and crimson keymolds because they are pretty easy to get...
I would rather the dungeon get biome mimics but drop unique items or even cool decorations.

cthugh: i agree, but most of the mimics i find are in places where i know there are no chests, like my underworld wall of flesh platform.

clownfish: the mimics would be roughly as rare as paladins, possibly rarer, and with the low drop rate, it would be even harder to get a key mold from them. i see where you're coming from, though. i might change that.

dreamtree: it just seems to fit that a biome chest mimic would drop a biome chest key mold to me. also, i didn't even think about "unique items or even cool decorations." biome chest mimic banners would be pretty cool, thanks for the idea!

Sort of along the lines of this idea, there should be an Aquatic Chest Mimic that will quickly charge towards you underwater, but will just sort of menacingly flop towards you on land.

Back
Top Bottom