Resolved Music slider shoves itself back to 0%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdizzy

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
This is a new issue I had once Steam finished downloading the new 1.4.1 update. Whenever I boot up the game, both the Sound and Music sliders are at 0% (Ambience, on the other hand, is the only one that sticks at 100%). When I put the sound at 100% it stays there, all fine. But if I do the same with the music slider it goes back to 0%. I don't know why this happens and I want to know if anyone else is having this issue or it's something on my end.

Steam or GOG: Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer: Both
Operating SystemWindows 8.1
Terraria Version: 1.4.1
Controls Used: Keyboard/Mouse
I'm having the same problem, only the songs are like this, the volume always goes back to 0%.

Now it works yay
I noticed the sound had set itself to 0% after restarting the game on 1.4.1.0
I have launched 1.4.1.1 a few times and the audio did not have any problems.
Is this fixed? I did not see it mentioned in the 1.4.1.1 hotfix changelog.

I had the same problem, i tried to change it in game settings (Main menu settings), it worked, before restarting, means after restarting it was slided to 0% anyway
My game is Steam version and runs of Windows 7 with keyboard and mouse on both Multi/Single player

Last edited:
I just reinstalled Terraria as a last resort to solve this issue by my own but it seems that there's no use.

Now this is weird, yesterday the game applied the update 1.4.1.1 and the music worked normally, today is not working again :eek:

I'm not aware of a specific user-side fix for this issue.

From a dev-side, this is a very difficult fix to work on, because none of us can reproduce it, and it doesn't generally produce error logs. We believe we are aware of the cause and have an experimental fix which will arrive in the next hotfix (which does not have a current release date).

It is suspected that the cause is that certain PCs are unable to properly load all of the music files when the game is launching (due to a combination of how much music we added in 1.4, some back-end changes we made to music loading, and a fix to music file quality that increased the size of the music files in 1.4.1).

Why some PCs can handle it and others can't, we aren't sure, but it causes a "music crash" which prevents music from functioning for the rest of the gameplay session. Or that is our current operating theory, anyway.

We'll know better once we can release the fix for it, but we aren't prepared to do that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom