Wacky NPCs Mod

For th fangirl oh. For the mimic the wooden mimic can rarely spawn on surface (vanilla) and there are the like tough biome mimcs

For th fangirl oh. For the mimic the wooden mimic can rarely spawn on surface (vanilla) and there are the like tough biome mimcs
Wooden mimics are extremely rare. So, I dunno if adding such a thing is important. the skeleton merchant also only spawns in cavern layer, I think.

Katana, ninja armor, shuriken, Crystal assassin's armor after queen slime, gi, climbing claws, shoe spikes, tabi and black belt after plantera and that is all I can think of also how hard would it be to code seasonal sales and spawns like Halloween costumes and hopping jack

Katana, ninja armor, shuriken, Crystal assassin's armor after queen slime, gi, climbing claws, shoe spikes, tabi and black belt after plantera and that is all I can think of also how hard would it be to code seasonal sales and spawns like Halloween costumes and hopping jack
Katana - sold by traveling merchant
ninja armor - dropped by king slime, the same NPC that would allow this theoretical NPC to spawn
shuriken - sold by merchant
crystal assasin armor - dropped by queen slime
gi - sold by traveling merchant
climbing claws & shoe spikes - currently sold by scam artist
tabi and bleck belt - drops from bone lee. easy to aquire.

most of them are sold by NPCs, what is not, are dropped by bosses or monsters, and aren't really rare.
these are some of the common "ninja themed" ideas, but these are easy to aquire in the game. usually. this is no real reason for an NPC.

this is the case when we have an NPC idea, and then we're trying to find a role for him. (instead of the other way) but selling these, isn't good enough to justify him being there.

The seasonal things are a slightly interesting idea, though not necessarily that important how with pumpkin moon and frost moon making those happen.
But I do think an old mod added NPCs selling presents and goodie bags and stuff, which is somewhat an interesting idea. but I don't really know if I would like to copy that. Nevertheless, some of those things might could be added to someone's shop. But I'm not quite sure, who's shop. (or maybe we can find some alternative approach, like making them craftable, or something...

I know plenty of ninja stuff that is not in-game like bokken, kunai (though those are just throwing knives), nun chucks, sai, caltrops, that scythe like thing I can't member the name of

I know plenty of ninja stuff that is not in-game like bokken, kunai (though those are just throwing knives), nun chucks, sai, caltrops, that scythe like thing I can't member the name of
Yes, and, as far as I seen, some other mods are considering adding such stuff, or at least some more throwing weapons. Which is where the ninja can be useful.

this mod isn't really about weapons though, so it wouldn't really fit here, to add a bunch of weapons, only to make it justified to add an NPC, who otherwise would have no real reason the be there.
then we're just back to square one.
there's not a real reason to add the ninja. (except, if we can figure out the furniture spawned NPCs, where we can add him as such.) - or, and, that's actually extremely easy, we can add a deco NPC or two, who looks like a ninja, and then can be placed like the other guards. I suppose that can be done easily.
But if it's an actual NPC who walks around and all, then it either needs to be spawned by a furniture, or needs an actual useful role, so he has a reason to be in the mod.

How big are the furniture NPCs because cauldron could help with animation
They vary in size. you can see that on the 1st post though. they're usually 3x4 or so. some are bigger, some are smaller. most civilians are 2x3.
What about the cauldron though? It's an animated furniture... I suppose, any animated furniture's spritesheet can help understanding how animated furnitures work, their size probably does no matters a lot.
So, what you meant by cauldron...?

also you should make the guide's brother (the ninja in slime king) an NPC
Although I like the idea I feel like there are only 2 ways to add him in as a full NPC and both of these don't fit in this mod. First would be one of the Thrower expansion mods and second a Ninja themed mod adding more accesories/weapons etc. based on ninjas but as @Sora_92 said this mod isn't about adding items but NPC's and out of all of the ones currently in the mod none has an original item. I would still like to see him in the mod but either as a furniture NPC like Cyber Fangirl or as one of the original non-moving furniture NPC's.

Also unrelated but here's smoething I thought of but didn't want to make a post just for something so small.
Corruption/Crimson/(Maybe also Hallow) fangirls could dislike the Steampunker since she sells the Clentaminator, the best way to destroying one of their biomes but since while rarely it has been used to expend them they wouldn't outright hate her.

Although I like the idea I feel like there are only 2 ways to add him in as a full NPC and both of these don't fit in this mod. First would be one of the Thrower expansion mods and second a Ninja themed mod adding more accesories/weapons etc. based on ninjas but as @Sora_92 said this mod isn't about adding items but NPC's and out of all of the ones currently in the mod none has an original item. I would still like to see him in the mod but either as a furniture NPC like Cyber Fangirl or as one of the original non-moving furniture NPC's.

Also unrelated but here's smoething I thought of but didn't want to make a post just for something so small.
Corruption/Crimson/(Maybe also Hallow) fangirls could dislike the Steampunker since she sells the Clentaminator, the best way to destroying one of their biomes but since while rarely it has been used to expend them they wouldn't outright hate her.
As for the steampunker, it's kind of tricky. Because, the fangirls do sell solutions too (and once they are available in their shops) they have quotes asking the player to buy some and use it. XD So, they need the steampunker for that...

Some new random things.

Discussing some ideas brought up that idea about pet - and light pet - version of (some) the guards.
This is again just something IF we can get such to work, and I think it would be unreasonable to have such for all stationary NPCs. I think there would be only a few, maybe the most obvious ones, and maybe a few more, based on what players would like to see the most.

As for their pet version, I just think they would be like their normal sprites (carrying a spear or halberd) and follow the player. dunno about iddle animation.
But as for light pet variants, this brought up "what would they have that provides light?" and the most obvious ones, torches does not function underwater, which would limit the usefulness, or look weird, if the guard's torch still provides light underwater.

Yes, there are a few torches that glow underwater too though. But I thought, instead, maybe a lantern...? Initially, I thought that most of the lanterns in-game are too big for that, but when looked at the nightglow, I thought, maybe it's doable. At first I wanted a mini nightglow, but then I thought it might wouldn't fit in design or looks, so I just went with one of the lanterns from the dungeon as base. tried to tinker it with another dungeon lantern too.

These are just some concepts, but maybe they're not that bad. which variant looks better? - also, there might could be normal statinary lantern guards too, that function like a lamp. (but maybe not a valid lightsource for houses)

Iron 1 & 2 (which one's better?)

lantern_guard1.png
lantern_guard2.png

Crimson 1 & 2 (which one's better?)

lantern_guard3.png
lantern_guard4.png

IF
there would be such pets/light pets, I wonder what recipe would be good for them - since it might be good, if they're craftable? maybe, they should be quite expensive on material that they need (e.g. iron, crimtane, whatever), plus, maybe a hire a guard, and maybe a new item, like "party member card" or something.
as far as pets concerned, the price is not that relevant, because they're just cosmetic, (although most pet items are expensive), but light pets are rare, and affect the game more.

Some new random things.

Discussing some ideas brought up that idea about pet - and light pet - version of (some) the guards.
This is again just something IF we can get such to work, and I think it would be unreasonable to have such for all stationary NPCs. I think there would be only a few, maybe the most obvious ones, and maybe a few more, based on what players would like to see the most.

As for their pet version, I just think they would be like their normal sprites (carrying a spear or halberd) and follow the player. dunno about iddle animation.
But as for light pet variants, this brought up "what would they have that provides light?" and the most obvious ones, torches does not function underwater, which would limit the usefulness, or look weird, if the guard's torch still provides light underwater.

Yes, there are a few torches that glow underwater too though. But I thought, instead, maybe a lantern...? Initially, I thought that most of the lanterns in-game are too big for that, but when looked at the nightglow, I thought, maybe it's doable. At first I wanted a mini nightglow, but then I thought it might wouldn't fit in design or looks, so I just went with one of the lanterns from the dungeon as base. tried to tinker it with another dungeon lantern too.

These are just some concepts, but maybe they're not that bad. which variant looks better? - also, there might could be normal statinary lantern guards too, that function like a lamp. (but maybe not a valid lightsource for houses)

Iron 1 & 2 (which one's better?)

View attachment 298624 View attachment 298625

Crimson 1 & 2 (which one's better?)

View attachment 298626 View attachment 298627

IF
there would be such pets/light pets, I wonder what recipe would be good for them - since it might be good, if they're craftable? maybe, they should be quite expensive on material that they need (e.g. iron, crimtane, whatever), plus, maybe a hire a guard, and maybe a new item, like "party member card" or something.
as far as pets concerned, the price is not that relevant, because they're just cosmetic, (although most pet items are expensive), but light pets are rare, and affect the game more.
I honestly really love the idea of a guard following you around with a lamp and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make. As for the design I would say that 1 looks better for Iron but 2 looks better for Crimson (Maybe it could be recolored to be more red ? I think that could look good) and regarding the materials I think that it deffinitly should require the hire a guard item and probably some items to make the lamp like torches and iron and maybe the Party Member Card yoou mentioned.

But regarding the Party Member Card how would you get it and what else could it do ? My idea would be that just like Hire a Guard you craft it at the Guard Captin's Desk (or maybe a Guildmaster Desk or something like that) for something between 10 gold to 1 platnium and it would be used for 3 types of items, a normal pet, light pet and summoning weapons. The normal/light pets are obvious so I will instead focus on the summoning weapon. Thanks to the card you would be able to crate staffs that would summon a specific type of a guard to help you for example a Dwarven staff would summon a minion that worked like the Pirate Staff, and a Archer Staff would give you something simmlar to the Pygmy Staff.

Obviously I'm not advocating that you turn every single furniture NPC into one of the ideas I mentioned but I think that doing this for some of them could be nice and would still fit the mod.

Yeah, maybe the 1st one is better for the iron, and the 2nd for the crimson.
I thought about more red color, but then I thought, it's better, if the light source is more normal? Or would it be better if it has a reddish light?

Yes, that's what I think about party member card too. It would be a sort of thing related to - a theoretical - "Adventurers' Guild" I guess. I would consider the Clerk NPC (of expeditions) is something like the receptionist of a guild like that too (I wonder if that mod will be updated too?) but, yeah, we might need a crafting station or two like another receptionist (then I wonder about cross-mod content too, and if we could use similar attire for this, so it looks like a guild uniform or something... - and/or a guildmaster

Certainly, if there's something like an Adventurers' Guild, it would require a guildmaster too. But you might hire party members elsewhere, right? like, you won't bother a guildmaster with that all the time? XD

Anyway, yeah, so, it would be a crafting station, in the fashion of the guard captain's desk.
The main problem is, that it would be complicated to make tons of pets and light pets... (I wonder though, if it's possible to make similar pets (or rather, how to do that) like in Assorted Crazy Things mod (I think) where you can put accessories on some of the pets. That would allow for a lot more customisation on these pets too.

As for minions, that's a bit trickier. for balance reasons and all, plus, minions get replaced by stronger minions (almost) all the time, so, you likely wouldn't use one for very long. We might can figure out ways to get that to work, but for now, I would say pets and light pets. Minions are maybe for later. But, yes, the pirate staff and the pygmy staff are good examples, what would work for AI, I guess. ...just please, teach those pirates some basic good manners, to not poop everywhere... I know, it's a reference some other game, but seriously. and if we're at it, the pirate captain too.

Yeah, maybe the 1st one is better for the iron, and the 2nd for the crimson.
I thought about more red color, but then I thought, it's better, if the light source is more normal? Or would it be better if it has a reddish light?

Yes, that's what I think about party member card too. It would be a sort of thing related to - a theoretical - "Adventurers' Guild" I guess. I would consider the Clerk NPC (of expeditions) is something like the receptionist of a guild like that too (I wonder if that mod will be updated too?) but, yeah, we might need a crafting station or two like another receptionist (then I wonder about cross-mod content too, and if we could use similar attire for this, so it looks like a guild uniform or something... - and/or a guildmaster

Certainly, if there's something like an Adventurers' Guild, it would require a guildmaster too. But you might hire party members elsewhere, right? like, you won't bother a guildmaster with that all the time? XD

Anyway, yeah, so, it would be a crafting station, in the fashion of the guard captain's desk.
The main problem is, that it would be complicated to make tons of pets and light pets... (I wonder though, if it's possible to make similar pets (or rather, how to do that) like in Assorted Crazy Things mod (I think) where you can put accessories on some of the pets. That would allow for a lot more customisation on these pets too.

As for minions, that's a bit trickier. for balance reasons and all, plus, minions get replaced by stronger minions (almost) all the time, so, you likely wouldn't use one for very long. We might can figure out ways to get that to work, but for now, I would say pets and light pets. Minions are maybe for later. But, yes, the pirate staff and the pygmy staff are good examples, what would work for AI, I guess. ...just please, teach those pirates some basic good manners, to not poop everywhere... I know, it's a reference some other game, but seriously. and if we're at it, the pirate captain too.
My idea with the lamp bring more red was only about the lamp so that it would look like it's made of the same material as the armor not the light. I would have to see it actually glow to be sure but I think that it would look better with a normal glow but I don't think that making it red would look bad either.

As for the Guildmaster/Adventure Guild Desk now that I think about it's a better idea then I thought. You probably could just put everything related to the Party Member Card at the Guard Captin's Desk but the Guildmaster/Adventure Guild Desk would fit in better. As for who should run the desk I think that Guildmaster would make it easier to understand what he does but I do understand your reasoning for why it should be someone else.

Last edited:
My idea with the lamp bring more red was only about the lamp so that it would look like it's made of the same material as the armor not the light. I would have to see it actually glow to be sure but I think that it would look better with a normal glow but I don't think that making it red would look bad either.

As for the Guildmaster/Adventure Guild Desk now that I think about it's a better idea then I thought. You probably could just put everything related to the Party Member Card at the Guard Captin's Desk but the Guildmaster/Adventure Guild Desk would fit in better. As for who should run the desk I think that Guildmaster would make it easier to understand what he does but I do understand your reasoning for why it should be someone else.
The lantern in the hands of the crimson guard follows the dark gray colors of crimtane. the same as on the armor. it might would blend in a bit too much with the red, if the lantern is red too...

I guess that isn't really a problem, we can just sprite s receptionist (or something) and a guildmaster too. and you can use either, or both. whatever you like.

Sora, how does this look? View attachment 298697
That's lead armor, right?
I think the handle of the spear would use a bit more colors, and darker outline (probably just use the handle the iron guard uses, since both would be likely made from regular wood, right? (or does that looks bad there?)

That minor thing aside, I actually quite like it!
I didn't thought about the lead armor for some reason, maybe because iron sounds logical, but lead sounds both too heavy, and even poisionous to some extent, that it would be a bad choice for armor... but this actually looks much cooler than what I thought.

the darker colors make for something like a different faction, but still human nonetheless. like solders of another king, or some landlord, who might be evil or something. these have a bit of a "black knight" feeling to it, although this guy is just a spearman, not an actual knight. but, yes, I'm honestly surprised how good the colors of lead look like.

Back
Top Bottom