Items Minor Recipe changes, additions, alternates, and the like.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
This thread is nothing special. It's just where I'll be dumping any minor crafting changes I think of.

Items in green now have recipes as of 1.3! Thanks Cenx!

Miscellaneous:
A majority of my random recipe gripes.

Gold_Crown.png
Platinum_Crown.png

Gold/Platinum Crown
Changed Recipe:
Gold_Bar.png
Platinum_Bar.png
Gold/Platinum Bars (10) (5)
Ruby.png
Ruby
These shouldn't require 30 Bars to craft because they're used to craft the Slime Crown. Getting the Slimy Saddle is absurdly tedious at the moment, requiring an average of 900 Bars, or 3600 Ore.

Venom_Staff.png

Venom Staff
Changed Recipe:
Poison_Staff.png
Poison Staff
Vial_of_Venom.png
Vials of Venom (10)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bars (14)
Added Vials of Venom, because the Venom upgrade comes out of nowhere and its color change is unjustified. Maybe buff its damage to make up for the boost in tier.

Star_in_a_Bottle.png
Firefly_in_a_Bottle.png
Lightning_Bug_in_a_Bottle.png

Star/Firefly/Lightning Bug in a Bottle
No longer need new recipes due to placement preview!

Palm_Wood_Candle.png

Standard Candles
Changed Recipe:
Palm_Wood.png
Various materials (2)
Torch.png
Torch
Candles currently take 4 material to make. Lanterns take only 3, yet are twice the size. What the what?

Wooden_Arrow.png

Wooden Arrow
Alternate Recipe:
Flaming_Arrow.png
Flaming Arrow
@ Water.
Extinguishing these could be useful for crafting purposes. If you end up with unwanted Flaming Arrows from using the Molten Fury or killing certain enemies (if a certain other suggestion is implemented), extinguishing them would let you upgrade them into something better.

Water_Candle.png

Water Candle
New Recipe:
Candle.png
Candle or
Platinum_Candle.png
Platinum Candle
@ a Crystal Ball and Water.
I figure that if you can turn Glass Wall into Waterfall Wall, you can turn a Candle into a Water Candle.

Beenade.png

Beenade
New Recipe:
Grenade.png
Grenades (3)
Bee_Wax.png
Bee Wax (3)
Hive.png
Hive
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 3.
This is what you do with Bee Wax if you don't want to craft Bee armor.

Crispy_Honey_Block.png

Crispy Honey Block
New Recipe:
Honey Block
@ a Furnace or near Lava.
The only thing it's used for is Fishing Potion. There should be an easier way to get it.

Sunplate_Block.png

Sunplate Blocks
New Recipe:
Stone_Block.png
Stone (50) (25)
Fallen_Star.png
Fallen Star
@ a Skymill. Recipe makes 25.
Idea by TMB50 in a post on another thread.

Disc_Wall.png

Disc Wall
New Recipe:
Sunplate_Block.png
Sunplate Block
@ a Work bench. Recipe makes 4.
Why can't we turn Sunplate Blocks into their respective Walls seems like an oversight to me.

(New) Thin Ice Block
Recipe:
Ice_Block.png
Ice Block
Crafted @ water. Recipe makes 2.
There should be a way to recreate those breakable sheets of ice you find in the Underground Ice biome.

Evil Blocks:
Balancing for Ebonstone Brick, Demonite Brick, and Flesh Blocks. Originated in another thread.

(New) Crimstone Brick
Recipe:
7bqgoxvPAGRTA7_qxW8ADPVfuLeGkJ0aAU-Je5VMWfFVKGmooVb4v4saEJYuDcZDl1DmwuH8Vr0BkQmwxaWo8PvdOQpj-y5xrBxbdOpD_3pbWcO-jSR4a9H21PFUctUCwA
Crimstone
Crimsand_Block.png
Crimsand
@ a Work Bench.
Crimson counterpart of Ebonstone Brick. Crafted with Sand to match Pearlstone Brick.

Crimtane_Brick.png

Crimtane Brick
Suggested Recipe:
7bqgoxvPAGRTA7_qxW8ADPVfuLeGkJ0aAU-Je5VMWfFVKGmooVb4v4saEJYuDcZDl1DmwuH8Vr0BkQmwxaWo8PvdOQpj-y5xrBxbdOpD_3pbWcO-jSR4a9H21PFUctUCwA
Crimstone (5)
0rlYcwVZq6Ga1itQ859l_e1EPYkoPpfi7EcCC1vUqKBS3tscrIrrk6ebdTrMw_RCuDXnm3RsMP5ZGAQZbvjJtSShg7sXax1e_poI_-f2qeNJKS4pmP1HfWgGK59JNMPi7g
Crimtane Ore
@ a Work Bench. Recipe makes 5.
Crimson counterpart of Demonite Brick.

Flesh_Block.png

Flesh Block
Changed Recipe:
Crimstone (5)
Vertebrae.png
Vertebrae
@ a Meat Grinder. Recipe makes 5.

Ebonstone_Brick.png

Ebonstone Brick
Changed Recipe:
Ebonstone_Block.png
Ebonstone
Ebonsand_Block.png
Ebonsand
@ a Work Bench.
Added Ebonsand into the recipe to match Pearlstone Brick's.

(New) Rotten Block
Recipe:
Ebonstone_Block.png
Ebonstone (5)
Rotten_Chunk.png
Rotten Chunk
@ a Meat Grinder. Recipe makes 5.
Corruption counterpart of Flesh Blocks.
Meat Grinder would also be dropped by Corrupt Slimes, Slimers, World Feeders, and Cursed Hammers, 0.5%.
Can be crafted into Rotten Furniture at a Flesh Cloning Vat, which would be available on Corrupt worlds.

This will be receiving updates, so check in every once in a while. Feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited:
Some of those recipies are very well thot of you, i think the crown should be less expensive, as for the others looks good, i would include the creation of something that would make the best use out of the gems, i think they are pretty useless now.

I feel like the sun plate blocks shouldn't be made out of unrefined stone. Maybe they should be made out of stone brick or stone slabs?

Crown: yes for obvious reasons

Venom Staff: Don't see the point, a lot of other things also suddenly change color, like lightning boots + ice skates, or true night's edge + true excalibur.

Star in a Bottle: Just make them placeable like candles as well, easy fix without adding any tedium and adds a new use.

Candles: sure

Arrows: I don't see why not, but arrows are super cheap from the Merchant.

Beenades: I guess so, but have it require less beewax, or it makes more beenades. With your currently recipe, most beenades obtained will be through queen bee drops, with the crafting only getting you a few more. And when you're out.. you have to fight queen bee again, which drops more beenades. Probably shouldn't even use beewax.

Crispy Block: they're easy enough to mine.

Sunplate: definite yes

Thin ice: yep, there really shouldn't be any blocks that we can't freely build with.

Beenades: I guess so, but have it require less beewax, or it makes more beenades. With your currently recipe, most beenades obtained will be through queen bee drops, with the crafting only getting you a few more. And when you're out.. you have to fight queen bee again, which drops more beenades. Probably shouldn't even use beewax.
Queen Bee drops ~20 Beenades 75% of the time. Queen Bee drops ~21 Bee Wax always. Crafting would more than double your output.

It depends on how luck you are with drops, with your crafting recipe it's possible to get more beenades through direct drops.

Seeing how you can get about 1300 grenades through queen bee's money drops, 200 beenades doesn't seem that excessive.

It depends on how luck you are with drops, with your crafting recipe it's possible to get more beenades through direct drops.
The exact same can be said about the reverse.

From killing Queen Bee, you have a chance to get anywhere between 10 and 30 Beenades.

If this crafting recipe were added, you could always craft yourself between 15 and 24 more.
Seeing how you can get about 1300 grenades through queen bee's money drops, 200 beenades doesn't seem that excessive.
What does this have to do with anything? Beenades aren't sidegrades of Grenades, they're upgrades. Their relative rarity was done for a reason.

Last edited:
Yeah, okay, so neither of us are wrong, no sense arguing over it.

Beenades are sidegrades, they deal 14 damage but release bees, and grenades do 60 something damage. Normal grenades are a lot more effective on high defense creatures, but beenades are better if you can't quite reach an enemy with a normal grenade toss.

Also, I think you meant grenades.

Beenades are sidegrades, they deal 14 damage but release bees, and grenades do 60 something damage. Normal grenades are a lot more effective on high defense creatures, but beenades are better if you can't quite reach an enemy with a normal grenade toss.
Beenades have a much faster use time, and unleashes a swarm of homing bees that deal damage several times each before disappearing.

Grenades are slow and deal damage once.

And with a low base damage, each hit gets soaked up more by defense. Grenades remain effective far into hardmode. IIRC, beenades also can't be used in water, which is strange, as there is a lot of water in the jungle, making them less effective in their own biome. A sidegrade doesn't always mean equally effective, sometimes one option can be better than the other depending on the situation.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue, I was just pointing out something someone else and I thought, would be great if you could accept some friendly criticism without getting defensive and arguing back. Having to keep killing Queen Bee just feels pointless to me. As you already get beenades through her drops, it would be nice to have a way to obtain them without grinding the same boss over and over. For example, unholy arrows are an upgrade to wooden arrows, but you don't have to keep grinding EoC for them. You can craft them in corruption worlds, or simply buy them from the arms dealer.

Having to keep killing Queen Bee just feels pointless to me. As you already get beenades through her drops, it would be nice to have a way to obtain them without grinding the same boss over and over.
Well, unless you can convince the devs to have Queen Bee drop more Beenades, I won't be willing to change the recipe. +130% turnout is plenty, imo.

Ale should be mug+something, maybe blinkroot and/or pixie dust? (maybe mug+ blinkroot for one recipe and mug+ pixie dust as another alternative recipe, as a reference to LoM)

Back
Top Bottom