Weapons & Equip Living wood summoner armor and weapon

should this be added to terraria?

• yes it is perfect!

Votes: 44 74.6%
  • yes but crafting recipes is kinda op

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Add treants that drop living wood stuff!

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Vikri

Wall of Flesh
This is just to give summoners an easy start.

Male
Living wood armor alt.png
Female
Living wood armor.png

Living Wood Hat
- Part of the living wood set -
- 1 defense -
- 5% Increased summon damage -
- Set bonus: +1 minion -
- Made from 35 wood and 10 acorns at a living loom -

Living Wood Breastplate
- Part of the living wood set -
- 1 defense -
- 10% Increased summon damage -
- Made from 50 wood and 20 acorns at a living loom -

Living Wood Leggings
- Part of the living wood set
- 1 defense -
- +5% Increased summon damage -
- Made from 45 wood and 15 acorns at a living loom -

Treant staff.png
Treant minion.png

Treant Staff
- "Summons woodlings to fight for you" -
- 7 summon damage -
- Made from 25 wood and 35 acorns at a living loom -

Banner:
Living wood banner.png

Last edited:
This is actually pretty neat. There needs to be more Summoner gear earlier on. A few issues I have with it though:
* The Necromancer gear doesn't seem all too different from the Spider gear, really - except that there are no Necromancer boots, meaning you could just equip something with REALLY high defense (or even Spider Boots, for +1 minion/+6% dmg), which seems a little overpowered.
* What do the treants even DO? I know all Minion enemies work differently in Terraria (ie: Ravens deal collision damage, while Pygmies deal projectile damage), so more clarification on this would be neat. ;D

Other than that, this is actually pretty awesome. The Livingwood Gear is surprisingly balanced too, given how earlygame it is. Naturally, it would be replaced by Bee Armour later on in the game.

This is actually pretty neat. There needs to be more Summoner gear earlier on. A few issues I have with it though:
* The Necromancer gear doesn't seem all too different from the Spider gear, really - except that there are no Necromancer boots, meaning you could just equip something with REALLY high defense (or even Spider Boots, for +1 minion/+6% dmg), which seems a little overpowered.
* What do the treants even DO? I know all Minion enemies work differently in Terraria (ie: Ravens deal collision damage, while Pygmies deal projectile damage), so more clarification on this would be neat. ;D

Other than that, this is actually pretty awesome. The Livingwood Gear is surprisingly balanced too, given how earlygame it is. Naturally, it would be replaced by Bee Armour later on in the game.
treant minion is same as pirate minion and i could just remove the necromancer armor;) edit:changed the necromancer armor completely

Last edited:
I have read the whole thing and I think this is a brilliant idea. However, the Living Root idea isn't too good. Living Wood furniture is crafted from normal overworld wood using a Living Loom. The only requirement for the armour should, therefore, be normal wood and acorns. Apart from the 'Living Root' idea, this suggestion is just perfect! Also, expect some criticism to the sprites as well. Perhaps you should re-do them or take in offers from others. Another thing with the current Summoner set, you should not have 1+ minion for every set piece of armour but only have a set bonus of about two extra minions, avoiding being overpowered. One more thing; the Necromancer Armour should not be in this particular thread since the thread itself is based on an early Summoner set of Living Wood, so it isn't really fitting here.

I have read the whole thing and I think this is a brilliant idea. However, the Living Root idea isn't too good. Living Wood furniture is crafted from normal overworld wood using a Living Loom. The only requirement for the armour should, therefore, be normal wood and acorns. Apart from the 'Living Root' idea, this suggestion is just perfect! Also, expect some criticism to the sprites as well. Perhaps you should re-do them or take in offers from others. Another thing with the current Summoner set, you should not have 1+ minion for every set piece of armour but only have a set bonus of about two extra minions, avoiding being overpowered. One more thing; the Necromancer Armour should not be in this particular thread since the thread itself is based on an early Summoner set of Living Wood, so it isn't really fitting here.

i knew it was stuupid!o_O gotta change the thread back then.:red:
ill definetly redo the female one and create a new thread for the necromancer armor.
as you can see when you have all the armor on you will get 1+ minion. sorry if the double set bonus thing confused you a little.

Last edited:
That's very good. And the armour looks much better :joy: It is now much more balanced and in line with Terraria. I hope to god this is added. I can't wait to see your Necromancer armour too. I would love to work with you and discuss your ideas with you as well. Send me a message if you're ready.

Last edited:
First off, you've forgotten to change the requirements of the Treeant Staff - it still lists Living Roots as part of its crafting reqs. Second, requiring the Living Loom means that it won't be available in all playthroughs. Finally, there is no earlygame armor for any of the other classes. The earliest class-specific armors are Meteor Armor for magic and Shadow Armor for melee. And Shadow Armor is only if you get Corruption instead of Crimson. In a Crimson World, Melee players don't get armor until Hell. Rangers don't get any armor at all until Jungle/Dungeon tier, like Summoners. I think that we need Ore-tiered Summoner Weapons, not earlygame armor.

For me the idea is great but you could high the defense of living wood armor because its too weak and the summoners will get rekt

First off, you've forgotten to change the requirements of the Treeant Staff - it still lists Living Roots as part of its crafting reqs. Second, requiring the Living Loom means that it won't be available in all playthroughs. Finally, there is no earlygame armor for any of the other classes. The earliest class-specific armors are Meteor Armor for magic and Shadow Armor for melee. And Shadow Armor is only if you get Corruption instead of Crimson. In a Crimson World, Melee players don't get armor until Hell. Rangers don't get any armor at all until Jungle/Dungeon tier, like Summoners. I think that we need Ore-tiered Summoner Weapons, not earlygame armor.
I agree that the other classes should get earlygame armor so why not start a thread about that.

I agree that the other classes should get earlygame armor so why not start a thread about that.
That's not the point I was trying to make. What I meant was that we should have Ore-tiered Summoner weapons. Like the broadswords, metal bows, and gem staves.

Back
Top Bottom