Game Mechanics Gating the Terra Blade past Plantera

Ceci n'est pas une questionne.

• I agree, the Terra Blade needs to be gated like this.

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • I think that the Terra Blade needs to be gated, but not like this.

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • I disagree with this in its entirety, and I'll tell you why.

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters
From a player who has tried to grind for a Terra Blade I can personally say that it's not that easy. I've gone solar eclipses without a single broken hero sword. The most I've ever gotten in an event is 2. Granted I might just be getting unlucky but like I originally said "Although in a way I agree with what you are saying I also disagree". It would probably be better to make the Terra Blade crafted at a Lihzard Altar but the Terra Blade really isn't as easy to make as you are making it out to be.
As I've said, it's more the fact that it's possible at all that creates the need to balance it. The Terra Blade is a very carrying weapon. If you are lucky, you can get it early one, and face no challenge from any of the remaining bosses. In addition, and pardon the anecdotal evidence, I've had 3 playthroughs get to Hardmode. In all 3, I've managed to get the Terra Blade, or at least the requisite BHSes, after the second eclipse, and before I've beaten Plantera. One of them can be discounted, because I got 5 BHSes in one eclipse as well as a Legendary Death Sickle, but that's still 2 for 3.
How many people farm solar eclipses to get 3 BHS for Terra Blade, before they get to Plantera ?
Lot's of people, especially those doing melee playthroughs.

As I've said, it's more the fact that it's possible at all that creates the need to balance it. The Terra Blade is a very carrying weapon. If you are lucky, you can get it early one, and face no challenge from any of the remaining bosses. In addition, and pardon the anecdotal evidence, I've had 3 playthroughs get to Hardmode. In all 3, I've managed to get the Terra Blade, or at least the requisite BHSes, after the second eclipse, and before I've beaten Plantera. One of them can be discounted, because I got 5 BHSes in one eclipse as well as a Legendary Death Sickle, but that's still 2 for 3.

Lot's of people, especially those doing melee playthroughs.
Yet the Death Sickle is still one of the best weapons, in my opinion at least, and can be used to kill the endgame bosses with relative ease. Should that weapon also be adjusted to be a later tier weapon? This argument could be made about a lot of weapons. But like I originally said I do agree with you but not completely and despite the luck of some players, some is the key word here, not everyone shares the same luck and it's not that easy to make a Terra Blade.

Yet the Death Sickle is still one of the best weapons, in my opinion at least, and can be used to kill the endgame bosses with relative ease. Should that weapon also be adjusted to be a later tier weapon? This argument could be made about a lot of weapons. But like I originally said I do agree with you but not completely and despite the luck of some players, some is the key word here, not everyone shares the same luck and it's not that easy to make a Terra Blade.
For the third time, the important part is that it's possible at all. On the off chance that you get it, you can easily cheese pretty much every fight up to the moon events. Rarity =/= balance. It doesn't matter how rare it is, it outclasses every other melee weapon of its tier, including such weapons as the Death Sickle.

That's asinine. The idea is to gate it past Plantera. Chlorophyte adds nothing to the crafting.

That terrifies me in ways I can't really describe.
The only other point I have to make is that weapons like the obsidian swordfish that have -18 damage to the Terra Blade can be acquired without killing a single hardmode boss. But as I have originally said I do agree with you, let's not let that fact slip by :p

EVERYONE! GET A BUNCH OF TERRA BLADES BEFORE 1.3! If you don't you'll have to face the almighty power of RNG... (even more)

The only other point I have to make is that weapons like the obsidian swordfish that have -18 damage to the Terra Blade can be acquired without killing a single hardmode boss. But as I have originally said I do agree with you, let's not let that fact slip by
The Obsidian Swordfish is a Pre-HM weapon. What's your point? In any case, as long as you understand what I mean, it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom