Single Thread RP The First Fallacy

Name: James Dunham, though now for some reason the name Arjyd keeps coming up in his mind as something related to him since he appeared here.
Species: Used to be Human, but he'll be waking up as a U'de once he is in this RP.
Appearance: 178cm tall, somewhat average in build, pale skin, green eyes, dark brown hair, and generally rough looking. Wears a green utility shirt, with tan trousers, a tan vest, and a white Tilley hat. As for what might change with now technically being a different species, I'm not entirely sure, but I assume not much?
UPDATE [22/09/2023]: His appearance (which I'll say was initially closer to his human form when he first appeared, but changed after his first shift into and out of dragon form in this RP) would now have the following changes: slightly greenish yellow eyes, and his skin is a bit paler than it was before he first shifted. After his second shift in and out of dragon form, his skin would start to take on the almost translucent pale look that's more typical of U'de.
Personality: (No idea how to describe his, and it's been a while since I used him, but generally helpful at least. He also isn't a fan of heat, but handles cold decently well.)
Abilities: Able to speak Draconic, though I have no idea if that will ever end up being useful to him here. What is more useful is that he can turn into a dragon. He has no idea how to use magic yet though.
Ko: (So is this supposed to be a maximum limit, or just a starting amount? Either way it's probably going to be a bit on the higher end because of exposure to things and the events that brought him here. Though, he certainly won't know what it even is or how to do anything with it when he enters the RP.) 1088
Strengths: A mostly self-taught amateur mechanic, but still decent with that kind of stuff, and he has experience with firearms and survival as well, because of backstory reasons. Further, because of his pendant, any magic that could affect his soul (assuming such magic exists in this world) would have a limited effect.
Weaknesses: Presumably anything from his new species, and magic that would affect his mind, or physical form (i.e. using telekinesis on him, turning him into something, etc.)
Equipment: A .357 Magnum revolver; a backpack which contains two flares, ammunition, a 15m rope, a 10m rope, some basic food rations, a folding shovel, a magnesium fire starter/fire striker/flint & steel/what other names it has, and a small hatchet; a lever action carbine, and a silver pendant with the pendant part of it being a large, pale blue gemstone with a swirling red mist inside, held inside a piece of silver shaped like a dragon, with its wings attaching to the chain and the claws and head holding the gem. The pendant has been bound to James' soul, therefore he knows where the pendant is at all times, can feel if someone else is wearing it and communicate with that person telepathically, and even if James' body is killed, as long as the pendant is intact his soul will remain with it. The pendant can transform its wearer into a dragon, however, James has complete control over that effect. James is also theoretically able to take over the body of the person that puts on the pendant if he has lost his own body, but the effect would only last as long as the person wears the pendant, and could be fought against.
Appearance: About the size of a horse, scales are mostly various shades of blue and teal, green slit eyes, webbed claws, and those membrane things on the sides of his head and along his spine.
Strengths & Abilities: Able to breath underwater, fast and capable swimmer, better vision in the dark.
Weaknesses: Earth magic, electricity, poison.
Backstory: I haven't entirely worked out his early days, partly because I haven't used him in a while and I've been doing some work on my characters and deciding what worlds they're from, but the main points are that he was on the run from some militant group with a dragon for several years, having to survive with just the two of him. He owned a Jeep which is what he got some of his mechanical experience from, and part of how he survived was hunting, as well as occasionally having to shoot at the people trying to hunt him down. Eventually the dragon died, and around then he got the pendant he has in this RP.

Last edited:
(I do have one question. Is it possible to have both Ko and my unique way of using magic? Since my current idea is less it's own system and more adding onto the current one.)
(that sounds fun)
(Im interested to see what additions you stack on)
"Interesting.
But what's this 'Ko' you speak of?"
"Ko is that magic stuff that your soul uses."
"Y'know?"
"I'm surprised you don't know what it is, while you're in the middle of the most Ko amplifying place in the entire world."

Name: James Dunham, though now for some reason the name Arjyd keeps coming up in his mind as something related to him since he appeared here.
Species: Used to be Human, but he'll be waking up as a Ku'de once he is in this RP.
Appearance: 178cm tall, somewhat average in build, pale skin, green eyes, dark brown hair, and generally rough looking. Wears a green utility shirt, with tan trousers, a tan vest, and a white Tilley hat. As for what might change with now technically being a different species, I'm not entirely sure, but I assume not much?
Personality: (No idea how to describe his, and it's been a while since I used him, but generally helpful at least. He also isn't a fan of heat, but handles cold decently well.)
Abilities: Able to speak Draconic, though I have no idea if that will ever end up being useful to him here. What is more useful is that he can turn into a dragon. He has no idea how to use magic yet though.
Ko: (So is this supposed to be a maximum limit, or just a starting amount? Either way it's probably going to be a bit on the higher end because of exposure to things and the events that brought him here. Though, he certainly won't know what it even is or how to do anything with it when he enters the RP.)
Strengths: A mostly self-taught amateur mechanic, but still decent with that kind of stuff, and he has experience with firearms and survival as well, because of backstory reasons. Further, because of his pendant, any magic that could affect his soul (assuming such magic exists in this world) would have a limited effect.
Weaknesses: Presumably anything from his new species, and magic that would affect his mind, or physical form (i.e. using telekinesis on him, turning him into something, etc.)
Equipment: A .357 Magnum revolver; a backpack which contains two flares, ammunition, a 15m rope, a 10m rope, some basic food rations, a folding shovel, a magnesium fire starter/fire striker/flint & steel/what other names it has, and a small hatchet; a lever action carbine, and a silver pendant with the pendant part of it being a large, pale blue gemstone with a swirling red mist inside, held inside a piece of silver shaped like a dragon, with its wings attaching to the chain and the claws and head holding the gem. The pendant has been bound to James' soul, therefore he knows where the pendant is at all times, can feel if someone else is wearing it and communicate with that person telepathically, and even if James' body is killed, as long as the pendant is intact his soul will remain with it. The pendant can transform its wearer into a dragon, however, James has complete control over that effect. James is also theoretically able to take over the body of the person that puts on the pendant if he has lost his own body, but the effect would only last as long as the person wears the pendant, and could be fought against.
Appearance: About the size of a horse, scales are mostly various shades of blue and teal, green slit eyes, webbed claws, and those membrane things on the sides of his head and along his spine.
Strengths & Abilities: Able to breath underwater, fast and capable swimmer, better vision in the dark.
Weaknesses: Earth magic, electricity, poison.
Backstory: I haven't entirely worked out his early days, partly because I haven't used him in a while and I've been doing some work on my characters and deciding what worlds they're from, but the main points are that he was on the run from some militant group with a dragon for several years, having to survive with just the two of him. He owned a Jeep which is what he got some of his mechanical experience from, and part of how he survived was hunting, as well as occasionally having to shoot at the people trying to hunt him down. Eventually the dragon died, and around then he got the pendant he has in this RP.
(definitely approved)
(this is the most filled out character application i have ever seen)
(also)
Ko: (So is this supposed to be a maximum limit, or just a starting amount? Either way it's probably going to be a bit on the higher end because of exposure to things and the events that brought him here. Though, he certainly won't know what it even is or how to do anything with it when he enters the RP.)
(maximum limit, unless built in power creep)

(All right, then the number I was originally thinking was 1243. Though, that can be adjusted down slightly if you feel it is necessary.)

(Just realised, does this mean that if someone lost their fingers, hands, or entire arms even, that they couldn't use this?)
(probably, though if they have any finger adjacent appendages(ex; paws, talons), they would be able to use that)
(Yeah, that works. It is meant to be unsually high, but it's somewhat balanced out by being currently completely useless as James has no idea what it even is or how to use it.

So maybe 1088?)
(yeah that sounds good)

(All right. Now, do you think it would be better to bring in James now, or wait for the thing with Kitnight to finish up a bit?)

(probably, though if they have any finger adjacent appendages(ex; paws, talons), they would be able to use that)
(Yeah I assumed such would work, I more meant like cut off. Anyway, I should probably think about whether or not I want to actually join this if I'm posting here or just occasionally comment on things.)

(All right. Now, do you think it would be better to bring in James now, or wait for the thing with Kitnight to finish up a bit?)
(I could have Pancake over where James is and that way both groups could meet up)
Pancake is in the Ku'de village, where the townspeople are scowling at him, distrusting.
"I'm not gonna accidentally burn the town down again, okay?"

(Also, could a tail be used?)
(probably)
(the blunter the point, the less useful it is)
(technically you could use your nose, but the effciency would be horrible)
(the cool thing about using a blunt thing to channel Ko is that when the extra Ko is wasted its wasted through making light so whatever you're trying to use would glow)

(I could have Pancake over where James is and that way both groups could meet up)
Pancake is in the Ku'de village, where the townspeople are scowling at him, distrusting.
"I'm not gonna accidentally burn the town down again, okay?"
(Sure.)

Meanwhile, James would be on the ground, unconscious, somewhere....

(probably)
(the blunter the point, the less useful it is)
(technically you could use your nose, but the effciency would be horrible)
(the cool thing about using a blunt thing to channel Ko is that when the extra Ko is wasted its wasted through making light so whatever you're trying to use would glow)
(Interesting. And so someone with sharp claws might be better than someone with just fingers?)

(Sure.)

Meanwhile, James would be on the ground, unconscious, somewhere....

(Interesting. And so someone with sharp claws might be better than someone with just fingers?)
(Yeah)
Pancake does his rounds going about the village, looking for any Incident causers.
Being an Incident resolver is really dull sometimes.
Pancake is walking near the river when he possibly sees someone lying in the reeds...

That scene would potentially appear somewhat unusual, as there is a lack of any sign for how the person got there, looking like they either magically appeared or fell from the sky or something. Their pack would be lying not too far away, and there isn't any blood or signs of a fight or anything.

Pancake walks over suspiciously.
It looks so random, it almost looks like a setup.
Pancake glances around suspiciously before walking closer to the person.
"...Hello?"

Appearance:178cm tall, somewhat average in build, pale skin, green eyes, dark brown hair, and generally rough looking. Wears a green utility shirt, with tan trousers, a tan vest, and a white Tilley hat. As for what might change with now technically being a different species, I'm not entirely sure, but I assume not much?
Pancake parts the reeds and gets a good look at the person.
Pale skin...
They look human, but the horns say otherwise.

No response. Seems they're unconscious...
Pancake taps them lightly.
"Wake up?"

Somehow, that would be enough, as he'd hear a quiet groan, before the person would start slowly waking up.

"There we go."
Pancake looks around, and then sees the pack.
He goes to get it and brings it to the person.
"This is probably yours?"

Back
Top Bottom