PS4 [PS4 / XboxOne ] Extra Large Worlds Exclusively On New Consoles.

Should 505 games allow engine software to implement " Extra Large World " on Xbox One and PS4?

• Yes, awesome!!!

• Sound Cool...

• I don't know...

• Bad idea...

• Absolutely No!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skoti123

Terrarian
What do you think about this idea ? I know that world sizes are the same on all consoles because of the crossplay but it is possible to implement it, only exceptional on new generation consoles, and not available for cross play only single player/Split Screen, so what do you think?

Actually, you could play online with people on the same system like ps4 but not ps3 or vita would be awesome, this is one of the reasons why I upgraded ps3 to ps4 ;) and I was bit disappointed when worlds where the same...

I don't play Console Terraria, but I think it's a nice idea! Having it exclusive to the newest consoles is good because it ensures that they're powerful enough. I can support!

I'm all for it. I can't cross save between Ps4 and PsVita anyway (Some strange bug I assume. Any world I newly upload gets overwritten in the cloud by a world that I haven't even seen since I was still using my Ps3 many moons ago. So no cross save for me. :( ).

I'm all for it. I can't cross save between Ps4 and PsVita anyway (Some strange bug I assume. Any world I newly upload gets overwritten in the cloud by a world that I haven't even seen since I was still using my Ps3 many moons ago. So no cross save for me. :( ).
I don't know where the quote of Rudi is, but he said that you have to upload your saves to the same exact slot (your first world to your first world slot) and download them the same way.

Seems like this would be an excellent way to drive people away from the game. "Oh, you have a PS3? Want maps of an actually decent size? HAHAHAHA no, go away you caveman."

So people with the hardware that can actually support larger worlds should be punished because the previous consoles still exist? Unless the previous consoles can handle it... Which is another matter entirely.

Punishment goes both ways. Should people who can't afford a new Shiny every three or four years be punished?
Exactly how would they be punished? are we shrinking their worlds?
This is far from a budget debate so let's stay on track ok, it's not unreasonable to suggest bigger worlds for the stronger console.
We already get more space for world saves so it's a reasonable thought to suggest we'll eventually get bigger worlds.

I don't know where the quote of Rudi is, but he said that you have to upload your saves to the same exact slot (your first world to your first world slot) and download them the same way.
Good god! It actually works! You are a lifesaver Nike Leon! My frown has been turned upside down! Thank you! :)

Exactly how would they be punished? are we shrinking their worlds?
This is far from a budget debate so let's stay on track ok, it's not unreasonable to suggest bigger worlds for the stronger console.
We already get more space for world saves so it's a reasonable thought to suggest we'll eventually get bigger worlds.

I think, though I could be incorrect, that RK's assessment is that this would have a negative impact on the playability of on the PS3 due to crossplay. For instance:

- Imagine the game as is, and cross-play allows a PS3 user to access 100% of all maps available through the system. This means that playing with friends or downloading maps has no limitation.

- If there was a system exclusive world size (and in my experience, the majority of people play the smallest map possible or the largest map possible), this would have a notable impact on cross-play opportunities with that other system, where a non-minimal number of worlds were "incompatible". This would reduce the system specific playability of the PS3 when sharing with people on another console . . . in essence, "now I can't play with all my PS4 friends".

Please note that I understand very little of PS3/PS4 crossplay, so I might not actually understand how this works, but this would be my guess if RK wants to confirm.

Last edited:
I think, though I could be incorrect, that RK's assessment is that this would have a negative impact on the playability of on the PS3 due to crossplay. For instance:

- Imagine the game as is, and cross-play allows a PS3 user to access 100% of all maps available through the system. This means that playing with friends or downloading maps has no limitation.

- If there was a system exclusive world size (and in my experience, the majority of people play the smallest map possible or the largest map possible), this would have a notable impact on cross-play opportunities with that other system, where a non-minimal number of worlds were "incompatible". This would reduce the system specific playability of the PS3 when sharing with people on another console . . . in essence, "now I can't play with all my PS4 friends".

Please note that I understand very little of PS3/PS4 crossplay, so I might not actually understand how this works, but this would be my guess if RK wants to confirm.
Then please understand my confusion at two pc players jumping into the console thread to say we can't have x because we have to be fair to y so just settle with z.
Maybe such matters are better left to those without the pc option, yes some ponies don't pc it's not as rare as you think.

With that said the way online play works is you pick your toon then go to the world select screen where you have your worlds on the left and your friends worlds on the right should any be online at the time. Cross play works due to PSN's general online structure being the same between the 3 PS options, i'm not knowledgeable on the microsoft side so i have little to no input there.

This suggestion would allow those with next gen hardware to play on larger worlds between said hardware. This only restricts the older versions from joining at that time, one could easily message their friend to play on a compatible world.

Now what i personally don't understand is the opposition to this, we were forced to put up with smaller worlds last gen due to system limitations but now we're moving on bit by bit to the next gen hardware, the limitations are no longer there so i don't see an issue with allowing us a shot at a world size closer to that of the pc.

Seems like this would be an excellent way to drive people away from the game. "Oh, you have a PS3? Want maps of an actually decent size? HAHAHAHA no, go away you caveman."

This is not like you think, ps4 and xbox one are new generation cosole and this game is exactly the same as on older generation of consoles and people don't see the point of buying it again when own 360 or ps3 so little exclusive will be perfect for us... and I think that should be more little things of that kind... I own terraria second time anyway. .

It's nice to see console players are much like PC players then. "Screw you, you have an older thing than I do, who cares if you can use what I use?" I'm sure this will be added, bait and switch has always been a very good business tactic, although it's morally wrong, but hey, bigger maps, screw those PS3/XB360 guys, right?

It's nice to see console players are much like PC players then. "Screw you, you have an older thing than I do, who cares if you can use what I use?" I'm sure this will be added, bait and switch has always been a very good business tactic, although it's morally wrong, but hey, bigger maps, screw those PS3/XB360 guys, right?
And where is it fair we should keep the :red: small worlds while pc gets every single benefit? We're almost equal in terms of hardware now so we deserve a chance to push what can be done with world generation at least.
This isn't some bull:red: bait n switch, how are you this callous?

no, you're wrong, and you don't understand the point, and I don't get you...don't want to screw anyone.. think. . Why people should buy again the same game ? There is no point there is no one really to play with on new generation, that is why we would like more exclusive content to make people buy this game again...

I'm pretty sure that there is a hard limit to world sizes in Terraria, and in order to overcome that limit, the developers would have to rework the entire game engine... At least, that's what I've heard about the PC version. I imagine it would apply to the console versions as well.

no, you're wrong, and you don't understand the point, and I don't get you...don't want to screw anyone.. think. . Why people should buy again the same game ? There is no point there is no one really to play with on new generation, that is why we would like more exclusive content to make people buy this game again...
I agree, do you really think it's fair to pay 20 bucks for the exact same game? Honestly the next gen users deserve a MAJOR overhaul, it's more of an insult than anything that we only get a zoom function.
I'm pretty sure that there is a hard limit to world sizes in Terraria, and in order to overcome that limit, the developers would have to rework the entire game engine... At least, that's what I've heard about the PC version. I imagine it would apply to the console versions as well.
The console sizes are laughably small compared to pc you get from one side to another in under a minutE, 30 seconds on a flat road and that's on the largest world.
Since this doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon this feels appropriate.
1422574911317.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom