OOC Solitarus

EDIT: @Niko from GUNshot! why have you not responded yet?
SUBJECT NAME: Nikola Tesla Smith (Future)
SUBJECT NICKNAME(S): Half-Hologram
SUBJECT GENDER: Male
SUBJECT APPEARANCE: He's a scientist with a lab coat, but he seems to appear and disappear rapidly, and he also seems to vibrate back and forth.
SUBJECT ABILITIES: He only has a hitbox 50% of the time. He's learned to manipulate this somewhat, but all of his efforts tend to be avoiding falling through the floor.
He's also developed a technique to move things with his mind with quantum entanglement, but to do so he has to do the same movement with one of the atoms in his body.
And it's much harder for him to do quantum entanglement when his hitbox isn't there.
SUBJECT GENERAL SIZE (WEIGHT, HEIGHT, ETC): 4'2" tall, and his weight is incredibly hard too measure. His best estimates say he weighs 30lb.
SUBJECT EXPLOITABLE WEAKNESSES: He's not very durable.
SUBJECT STRENGTHS: He's kinda strong, so he can punch and kick people.
SUBJECT TEXT COLOR: #44EE44
SUBJECT BACKSTORY(NOT REQUIRED): He's the future self of Nikola Tesla Smith.
SUBJECT THEME(NOT REQUIRED):
QUESTIONS.

DOES THIS 50 % TANGIBILITY OCCUR RANDOMLY? IF SO, WHAT SORT OF BALANCING SYSTEM DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ROLLS, AS HAVING A 1 IN 2 CHANCE TO DODGE ANY ATTACK IS EASILY INTO THE REALM OF OVERPOWERED. PERHAPS ALONG WITH THIS, HALF OF HIS ATTACKS HAVE THE CHANCE OF NOT HITTING AT ALL? MAYBE EVERY TIME HE USES A WEAPON, HE HAS A 50% CHANCE TO DROP IT DUE TO BECOMING A HOLOGRAM?

JUST THROWING OUT IDEAS..

IF THIS IS USED MORE CINEMATICALLY, LIKE AURORA BECOMING INTANGIBLE ONCE A SUCCESSFUL DODGE HAS BEEN ROLLED, THEN I WOULD BE A LOT MORE ACCEPTING OF THIS.

DEFINE "kinda" STRONG. I'M FINE WITH USING PUNCHING AND KICKING AS A FIGHTING STYLE, BUT DOES HE POSSESS ANY WEAPONS?

IS HE INGENUITIVE? DOES HE WORK WELL WITH MACHINERY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT?

THE MAIN ISSUE WITH THIS APPLICATION IS A LACK OF DETAILS, MOSTLY IN TERMS OF MECHANICS.

QUESTIONS.

DOES THIS 50 % TANGIBILITY OCCUR RANDOMLY? IF SO, WHAT SORT OF BALANCING SYSTEM DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ROLLS, AS HAVING A 1 IN 2 CHANCE TO DODGE ANY ATTACK IS EASILY INTO THE REALM OF OVERPOWERED. PERHAPS ALONG WITH THIS, HALF OF HIS ATTACKS HAVE THE CHANCE OF NOT HITTING AT ALL? MAYBE EVERY TIME HE USES A WEAPON, HE HAS A 50% CHANCE TO DROP IT DUE TO BECOMING A HOLOGRAM?
His attacks have a 50% chance of missing, and attacks against him have a 50% chance of missing. And if he's holding a weapon when either one misses, it will fall out of his hand.
JUST THROWING OUT IDEAS..

IF THIS IS USED MORE CINEMATICALLY, LIKE AURORA BECOMING INTANGIBLE ONCE A SUCCESSFUL DODGE HAS BEEN ROLLED, THEN I WOULD BE A LOT MORE ACCEPTING OF THIS.
I plan on having the 50% intangibility chance apply before me rolling to dodge, and I definitely plan on him accidentally falling through the floor a few times.
DEFINE "kinda" STRONG. I'M FINE WITH USING PUNCHING AND KICKING AS A FIGHTING STYLE, BUT DOES HE POSSESS ANY WEAPONS?
By kinda strong I mean he's relatively strong for someone who doesn't work out, but not as strong as someone who exercises 30 minutes a day.
He doesn't have any weapons, since they tend to fall out of his grasp.
IS HE INGENUITIVE? DOES HE WORK WELL WITH MACHINERY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT?

THE MAIN ISSUE WITH THIS APPLICATION IS A LACK OF DETAILS, MOSTLY IN TERMS OF MECHANICS.
Yes, he's very ingenuitive;
Back when I first introduced him in The Space Between Time, he was working on a machine that could communicate faster than light through use of quantum entangled atoms.

His attacks have a 50% chance of missing, and attacks against him have a 50% chance of missing. And if he's holding a weapon when either one misses, it will fall out of his hand.

I plan on having the 50% intangibility chance apply before me rolling to dodge, and I definitely plan on him accidentally falling through the floor a few times.

By kinda strong I mean he's relatively strong for someone who doesn't work out, but not as strong as someone who exercises 30 minutes a day.
He doesn't have any weapons, since they tend to fall out of his grasp.

Yes, he's very ingenuitive;
Back when I first introduced him in The Space Between Time, he was working on a machine that could communicate faster than light through use of quantum entangled atoms.
MY BIGGEST CONCERN WAS WITH HOW THINGS IN TERMS OF COMBAT WOULD BE HANDLED, SO KNOWING THAT SYSTEM IS IN PLACE LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT I CAN ACCEPT THE CHARACTER NOW.

ONE MOMENT.

SUBJECT "Nikola Tesla Smith (Future)" CLEARED FOR DEPLOYMENT.

IT IS OPTIONAL TO ENTER DURING THE NEMESIS TEST, BUT SOON IT WILL NO LONGER BE PERMITTED.

PLEASE MAKE IT CLEAR IF YOU INTEND TO PARTICIPATE, AS A SUITABLE UNIT WILL NEED TO BE DEVELOPED AND DEPLOYED.

Maybe I'll have an idea by the time I finish using a DS to make pixel art that has awful shading...

Otherwise I might have to yeet a DoT debuff at Lunus just to make things work without making me have a bad mood at a time where I really should not have an even worse mood than I already do...

SUBJECT NAME: DT-87 Lotus Cornelle

SUBJECT NICKNAME(S): Lote, Lotus. Codename <FARSIGHT>.

SUBJECT GENDER: Female

SUBJECT APPEARANCE: Short, semi-wide stature. Long brunette hair generally up in a bun. Denim jacket and navy trackpants, white sneakers. Dark green eyes. Lightly tanned.

SUBJECT ABILITIES: Able to compress and reatomise small amounts of matter; e.g. by simply holding out her hand, she can rearrange air atoms to generate a railgun bolt in about 15 seconds. She can do it on a scale to about her own size and weight but it takes increasingly longer to generate material regarding how large she wants it to be. She favours the use of energy and incendiary bolts, which she can easily manufacture in about 20 seconds each.

This matter/energy manipulation can be used as a melee skill to put more power behind her punches, but she's not the best at it. Will require practise.

SUBJECT GENERAL SIZE (WEIGHT, HEIGHT, ETC): 165cm, 65 kg

SUBJECT EXPLOITABLE WEAKNESSES: Relatively light and easy to throw around. Little experience in hand-to-hand combat.

SUBJECT STRENGTHS: With nearing on 2 decades of experience in sniping and long-range assault, her aim is impeccable when it comes to handling a railgun. She owns two railguns:
- TS-99 Sniper. Long-range with a scope to match. Massive power but takes a long time to reload. Kill potential drops off at 30km and completely falls off at roughly 42km.
- KR-38 Burstfire. Medium-range with an adjustable scope. Can hold up to 9 bolts total, firing 3 separate bursts of 3 bolts each. Decent power, takes about 15 seconds to reload. Has an alternate firing mode that fires a full 9-round burst at lower power and quarter distance with only a 3 second reload. Kill potential for main firing mode drops off at 1.2km and completely falls off at roughly 1.5km.

She can effectively and consistently hit targets from a minimum of 50m with the KR-38 and a maximum of roughly 40km using the TS-99, and can consistently track a target when handling the KR-38. Incendiary rounds are not compatible with the KR-38

SUBJECT TEXT COLOR: color=#f45060

SUBJECT BACKSTORY(NOT REQUIRED): to be revealed within RP, hopefully

SUBJECT THEME(NOT REQUIRED): A Glacier Eventually Farts (And Don't You Listen To The Song Of Life) (In-game Version)

SUBJECT NAME: DT-87 Lotus Cornelle

SUBJECT NICKNAME(S): Lote, Lotus. Codename <FARSIGHT>.

SUBJECT GENDER: Female

SUBJECT APPEARANCE: Short, semi-wide stature. Long brunette hair generally up in a bun. Denim jacket and navy trackpants, white sneakers. Dark green eyes. Lightly tanned.

SUBJECT ABILITIES: Able to compress and reatomise small amounts of matter; e.g. by simply holding out her hand, she can rearrange air atoms to generate a railgun bolt in about 15 seconds. She can do it on a scale to about her own size and weight but it takes increasingly longer to generate material regarding how large she wants it to be. She favours the use of energy and incendiary bolts, which she can easily manufacture in about 20 seconds each.

This matter/energy manipulation can be used as a melee skill to put more power behind her punches, but she's not the best at it. Will require practise.

SUBJECT GENERAL SIZE (WEIGHT, HEIGHT, ETC): 165cm, 65 kg

SUBJECT EXPLOITABLE WEAKNESSES: Relatively light and easy to throw around. Little experience in hand-to-hand combat.

SUBJECT STRENGTHS: With nearing on 2 decades of experience in sniping and long-range assault, her aim is impeccable when it comes to handling a railgun. She owns two railguns:
- TS-99 Sniper. Long-range with a scope to match. Massive power but takes a long time to reload. Kill potential drops off at 30km and completely falls off at roughly 42km.
- KR-38 Burstfire. Medium-range with an adjustable scope. Can hold up to 9 bolts total, firing 3 separate bursts of 3 bolts each. Decent power, takes about 15 seconds to reload. Has an alternate firing mode that fires a full 9-round burst at lower power and quarter distance with only a 3 second reload. Kill potential for main firing mode drops off at 1.2km and completely falls off at roughly 1.5km.

She can effectively and consistently hit targets from a minimum of 50m with the KR-38 and a maximum of roughly 40km using the TS-99, and can consistently track a target when handling the KR-38. Incendiary rounds are not compatible with the KR-38

SUBJECT TEXT COLOR: color=#f45060

SUBJECT BACKSTORY(NOT REQUIRED): to be revealed within RP, hopefully

SUBJECT THEME(NOT REQUIRED): A Glacier Eventually Farts (And Don't You Listen To The Song Of Life) (In-game Version)
H-hey! Only one matter shifting person, damnit!

whoooooooosh
Cyra's ability is complete molecular manipulation of "non-living" objects up to the weight of 5 kilograms. (And it makes her eepy)
I know it's not the same, it's just similar lol
only 5 kilos????? railgun bolts are like up to 12kg jeez
that's not a lot of freedom for Cyra lmao

Maybe I'll have an idea by the time I finish using a DS to make pixel art that has awful shading...
And yes this roleplay is going to be the cause of the Mario Kart DS options music being stuck in my head for the next 2 months.

For the fact I literally could not shade almost any part...
This turned out really well.
20240321_224648.jpg
I'll make an attempt to translate this into a proper sprite tomorrow, so basically just "I try to trace it and then I polish it".

MY BIGGEST CONCERN WAS WITH HOW THINGS IN TERMS OF COMBAT WOULD BE HANDLED, SO KNOWING THAT SYSTEM IS IN PLACE LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT I CAN ACCEPT THE CHARACTER NOW.

ONE MOMENT.

SUBJECT "Nikola Tesla Smith (Future)" CLEARED FOR DEPLOYMENT.

IT IS OPTIONAL TO ENTER DURING THE NEMESIS TEST, BUT SOON IT WILL NO LONGER BE PERMITTED.

PLEASE MAKE IT CLEAR IF YOU INTEND TO PARTICIPATE, AS A SUITABLE UNIT WILL NEED TO BE DEVELOPED AND DEPLOYED.
I won't be entering for about a week; I'm going on vacation IRL soon.
(Sorry for my impatience btw)

I plan on having Nikola Tesla Smith super sleep-deprived btw. He's going to do things like:
*Kicks shin of other character* "That hurt, didn't it?"
*Kicks right next to the shin of the same character* "And that didn't hurt! HAH!"

I think I'll have to ask for Lunus getting a DoT effect.

So basically just he gets hit somewhere that would still hurt but not hurt extremely, then have to deal with the "poison" effect from Navy's spear/Veanlin's Darkness magic category for several posts to balance it out?

Back
Top Bottom