Weapons & Equip Bad Prefixes: Please Remove These

OR, have weapons always be crafted Neutral, and then a chance for bad or good.

I wouldn't mind this so much, it'd be better than getting a Broken Terra Blade upon its crafting... or even a Megashark. I mean I blow what, 60 gold to get a Megashark, it turns out Broken and I dump another 1p+ trying to get something without red numbers... I hate that.

Sometimes Reforging is absolutely necessary.

It can be like "YAY, 3 Broken Hero Swords!" (30 seconds later) ".....Broken? Seriously?"

5 platinum later... still don't have anything worth using.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431999300,1431999272][/DOUBLEPOST]

Not if they reduced Godly/Legendary's chance to spawn to compensate.
You are making it seem like broken is 99 per cent chance.
Maybe just lesser the chance for bad prefixes.

You are making it seem like broken is 99 per cent chance.
Maybe just lesser the chance for bad prefixes.

I consider "Broken" to be anything with full negative stats. Shameful, Shoddy, Annoying, Lazy, etc etc etc.

And very often does it happen you can get 5-10 of them in a row.

I consider "Broken" to be anything with full negative stats. Shameful, Shoddy, Annoying, Lazy, etc etc etc.

Yeah, but you wanna know the worst feeling? Rapidly clicking and passing over Legendary. So much hate...

Maybe they should make it so that the only way to get a prefix is with the goblin.

That's why I don't click fast, lol. Haste makes Waste and all that.
I am impatient. :p
But yeah, the tinkerer should only make good prefices, and just make the chance lower for the best. Found or crafted can be whatever. I didn't pay him just to break my sword damnit!

Again, I feel like bad prefixes add a risk to reforging weapons, and although I will admit that the system for prefixes could probably be better, I don't think removing the bad ones will fix anything. Then again, I've never reforged a weapon to get negative prefixes over five times in a row, any time that I was left with a bad prefix I only had myself to blame for taking the gamble (and the goblin tinkerer for being a :red:).

Also, it looks like you aren't too happy about this thread being necrod Xylia, if you want you could just have a moderator lock it.

Also, it looks like you aren't too happy about this thread being necrod Xylia, if you want you could just have a moderator lock it.

It isn't that I'm not happy, it's just I don't get why someone would necro a thread, lol. I just don't understand the behavior, lol.

I don't see anything wrong with necroing a thread, as long as there's something new to add to the conversation.

But it's just paraphrasing again it seems, and I'm not going to reinstate what I said before.

But yeah, remove bad prefixes from the goblin, as you don't shove money in someones face only for them to render your holy blade useless.

I support the idea of removing bad prefixes.
Currently as is all they serve to do is just handicap your weapons.
"It makes the game harder" not really. It makes the game more tedious and annoying.
Tell me, what is the difference between getting no/a good prefix and getting a bad one and reforging it?
ANSWER: 5 PLATINUM.
It's just there to serve as a moneydump and it's pretty damn ridiculous.

HOWEVER
I firmly believe that there are TOO many simply GOOD prefixes. There's few Good/Bad prefixes, and a ton of straight up "Good" prefixes.
Prefixes should be here to give upsides, and have downsides, that's how it should be. The "Unreal/Legendary/Mythical" ones can stay, but everything else feels like it needs a downside of sorts. Just to give it that little edge. Something to make it unique.

Basically TL;DR: Remove 100% bad prefixes, change 90% of 100% good prefixes. Make it so that prefixes are more of a gamble rather than "THIS ONE IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER"

If this were truly a business world, I could be charging my residents rent.

That's not what I meant.

What I meant was that you have to take a lot of risks when doing business. Especially outside of Europe and America, you'll get a lot of corrupt businesses that give you nothing but empty promises and empty your wallet. Example; getting someone to fix a computer. You give them the computer, they 'fix' it, you get it back and find out they broke something else. But you can't get them back because you can't prove that they broke it. Bam, waste of money.

Which is why I disagree and say that this:

as you don't shove money in someones face only for them to render your x item useless.

Is what happens much more than you'd expect in the open world. Heck, this is precisely what happened to my AC unit back in the UAE. They didn't fix anything, only broke more things, and still got paid. But we couldn't get back at them for it.

It's just there to serve as a moneydump and it's pretty damn ridiculous.

Well, there isn't really much else to spend money on.

HOWEVER
I firmly believe that there are TOO many simply GOOD prefixes. There's few Good/Bad prefixes, and a ton of straight up "Good" prefixes.
Prefixes should be here to give upsides, and have downsides, that's how it should be. The "Unreal/Legendary/Mythical" ones can stay, but everything else feels like it needs a downside of sorts. Just to give it that little edge. Something to make it unique.

Basically TL;DR: Remove 100% bad prefixes, change 90% of 100% good prefixes. Make it so that prefixes are more of a gamble rather than "THIS ONE IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER"

IIRC, I think there should be a lot more prefixes that trades one trait for another. Example being the 'Ruthless' prefix. Only, I want the penalty and the benefit to be a lot more potent. That way, prefixes can be made so that each one is best at at least one thing.

What I meant was that you have to take a lot of risks when doing business.

In the real world.

Last I checked, this past month's Solar Eclipse did not give me any Broken Hero swords, so I wasn't able to make a Terra Blade, nor do I know where a Goblin Tinkerer might live so I can test that theory in the real world.

In-game != Real World and Real World != In-game

Just because there's "risk" of business IRL does not mean this risk must exist in a game about fairies, unicorns, flying eyeball monsters, giant bees, and floating brains with mouths and teeth.

The only time such things should be carried over, is when they present and actual gameplay addition to the game. Clicking the "reforge" button several more times does not give us "actual gameplay addition", nor do I think going out and killing Golem 20 more times for more platinum give me any more "actual gameplay addition".

Introducing something purely for grind in a game that does not have a monthly subscription is just ridiculous. Terraria has plenty of content available that we don't need almost-forced grind. We already have ludicrously low RNG on important gear (Keymolds), do we also need a money sink too? I understand a money sink to get the best reforges, but again, it can also punish players who just want something that doesn't have red numbers on it.

At least if this were a monthly sub game, we could argue that Grind is there because they want to inflate time spent in-game to get more monthly subscription fees out of us. That's why most MMOs are grindy and sometimes time-gated. Terraria is not that, though. $10 and you have the game forever. There's no reason to inflate game hours with boring repetitive grind when there's plenty of content to be had in the game, and we're getting even MORE soon.

Back
Top Bottom