1. For issues you find with the Console 1.3 release, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    A FAQ with notes and workarounds can be found HERE. Please check this first to see if this helps your issue.
Xylia
Last Activity:
Feb 25, 2018 at 6:18 AM
Birthday:
Mar 11, 1980

Share This Page

Xylia

Terrarian, 37

Been playing the Secret of Mana remake for most of the day. Other than two minor issues I encountered, it's a rather solid release. (cont) Feb 16, 2018

Xylia was last seen:
Feb 25, 2018 at 6:18 AM
    1. Waffle-Chan
      1. diekonradish likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. diekonradish
        diekonradish
        Xy's got records on the unpleasant experiences at CHF that one can experience. You won't get 'em a whole lot here, rest assured.
        Feb 20, 2018 at 9:41 PM
        Waffle-Chan likes this.
      4. Waffle-Chan
        Waffle-Chan
        The Chucklefish forums is probably one of the greatest forums websites I've found. The community is simply amazing (despite not being the most active. Still is more active than these forums though). Although, it does has some horrible rules and some pretty weird mods. Honestly, it has its problems, but is worth it
        Feb 25, 2018 at 12:27 AM
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        I don't really know a whole lot about it, I just browse a few threads that I have watched and occasionally see stuff come up on the status messages...
        Feb 25, 2018 at 12:36 AM
        Waffle-Chan likes this.
    2. Xylia
      Xylia
      Been playing the Secret of Mana remake for most of the day. Other than two minor issues I encountered, it's a rather solid release. (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        A lot of people whine endlessly about how much of a "ripoff" it is, but meh. I like it. I don't regret buying it whatsoever. I'd have to give it a solid 8 out of 10, maybe 8.5 because man, they really made battle and movement a lot smoother.
        Feb 16, 2018
    3. Xylia
      Xylia
      Wal-Mart sure has its priorities straight! /sarcasm (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        So I went there today, and there's only 2 cashier lanes open, and 4-5 people standing in a line behind each. There are no less than 8 "Scan&Go" lanes open, but there were only 1-2 people there and employees wearing yellow standing there at them waiting for people to come.
        Feb 15, 2018
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        It was rather hilarious and sad both to see the Scan&Go employees standing around doing absolutely jack all while the two real cashiers had constant 4-5 person lines, people waiting 15+ minutes to get through the checkouts.
        Feb 15, 2018
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Apparently, people DON'T want to have to do all the work, work that the employees should be doing. I'm a customer. It's the store's job to scan and bag my crap, thanks.
        Feb 15, 2018
    4. Xylia
      Xylia
      Any Olympic Athlete that disparages their government for any reason needs to be kicked out of the Games immediately and sent home. (cont)
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        I didn't dig into the stories, but more saw that and just had to eyeroll at that for a second.
        Feb 14, 2018
      4. MiltVala
        MiltVala
        So being an Olympian means you have to support the leader? That's pretty un-American if you ask me. The whole government is based around checks and balances to make sure it isn't a supreme leader.
        Feb 14, 2018
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        The Olympics are about athletes representing their nations (which includes their leaders!) setting aside political grudges and such, and just competing in games. When you wear your nation's colors, you are representing your nation (and its leader). If you can't stand for your government... then don't go to the games, plain and simple.
        Feb 14, 2018
    5. Xylia
      Xylia
      Ooo. A "new" Secret of Mana remake video showing off some actual gameplay footage:
      1. Xylia
    6. Xylia
      Xylia
      So I made the mistake of checking the Steam Discussions for Secret of Mana... *sigh*
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        And that "It's a cheap phone game! I shouldn't have to pay $40 for it! Waaaaaah!!!" Seriously, they are taking a FULL LENGTH JRPG and redoing it from the ground up, with new art, new sounds, music, and even Voice Acting. For a Full. Length. Game.
        Feb 7, 2018
        VictorLes likes this.
      3. NightFuryis11
        NightFuryis11
        Expect people to be stupid about anything and everything they can.
        Feb 7, 2018
        diekonradish likes this.
      4. Will Smith
        Will Smith
        *Spoiled* Spoiled Rotten.
        Feb 9, 2018
    7. Xylia
      Xylia
      So at some point, Windstream doubled my internet speed from 3Mbps to 6Mbps without even telling me. huh.
      1. neoselket likes this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Well, whoever does should look into it at least somewhat -- speeds that low should not be happening unless something is drastically wrong. It could be something as simple as the networking equipment needing a simple restart.
        Jan 21, 2018
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        You're basically getting half of the speed dialup (the slowest kind of internet) gets. And unless you are on dialup (do you have to actually dial when you connect to the internet?), these speeds are a small fraction of what you should have.
        Jan 21, 2018
      5. Will Smith
        Will Smith
        Ah, I Forgot To Mention, This House Lost Internet After I Bit The Modem.
        It Was A Small Modem.
        Jan 21, 2018
    8. Xylia
      Xylia
      Where's this Global Warming that is supposedly going on? *looks outside, solid ice all over the windows and sides of the house* yeah..
      1. Lunatic Lobbyist likes this.
      3. ZcanKal2.0
        ZcanKal2.0
        If we could do that, that would be amazing, just the earth getting too hot? Just take the heat from the atmosphere and put it directly into your house.
        Jan 4, 2018
      4. Will Smith
        Will Smith
        I Swear I've Seen This Before... Where Though?
        Jan 13, 2018
      5. The True Hero
        The True Hero
        Global warming isn't the correct term because that's not what it is. It's raising the temperatures in some places, but in others, it's making it colder.
        Feb 7, 2018
    9. Xylia
      Xylia
      Small businesses complain about how hard it is to stay alive? Stop ripping people off. Seriously. (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        Our oven blew its main heating element last night. This morning, dad calls the local appliance fixit to see if they have any replacements for that model of oven, and we were quoted at "$30 and up". Eh, I can order it from Amazon for $15-20. I can understand a markup, but 80-100% markup is out of this world ridiculous. No wonder these places can't stay alive.
        Dec 28, 2017
        diekonradish likes this.
      2. The True Hero
        The True Hero
        they need to raise prices because they don't get nearly as many customers, so they have to increase costs to actually make a profit, but they get fewer sales due to higher prices.
        Feb 7, 2018
    10. Xylia
      Xylia
      So I just had a lightbulb moment... always wondered why games had caps of 511 on stats. (cont)
      3. diekonradish
        diekonradish
        Thank you very much. I'm glad I gave you a follow around here. `:happy:
        Dec 28, 2017
        Xylia likes this.
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        No problem at all! I just like to talk about random stuff sometimes lol.
        Dec 28, 2017
      5. diekonradish
        diekonradish
        Same here. This is useful stuff right here.
        Dec 28, 2017
    11. Techhunter_Talon
      Techhunter_Talon
      Hey, you got yourself a new avatar. Nice. :D
      1. Vladimier, diekonradish and Xylia like this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Well, to each their own. I didn't pay $80 just for this little avatar -- I cropped it from my latest commission. I ain't linking THAT though, I'd prefer to not get banned.
        Dec 17, 2017
        Vladimier, Dg-vr and diekonradish like this.
      4. Techhunter_Talon
        Dec 17, 2017
      5. diekonradish
        diekonradish
        Absolutely beautiful nonetheless.
        Dec 18, 2017
        Xylia likes this.
    12. Xylia
      Xylia
      Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005) is $3.39 on Steam. It's probably better than EA's $60 version!
      1. diekonradish and Kip_ like this.
      3. Aurora3500
        Aurora3500
        Would pick the original Battlefront II any day over EA's version naturally. I got the original Battlefront II among several other Star Wars games during a GOG sale awhile back.
        Dec 15, 2017
      4. diekonradish
        diekonradish
        Regardless the case, it's better than the first ones.
        Dec 15, 2017
      5. ZcanKal2.0
        ZcanKal2.0
        Is it bad that I prefer the original over battlefront 2?
        Dec 17, 2017
    13. Xylia
      Xylia
      Ooo. Saw the preview of an $80 art commission. Sadly can't show it on TCF... well might be able to crop it to her face only.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Uh. It's not finished yet, so you won't be finding it lol. Maybe I'll PM you how to find it once it is done.
        Dec 11, 2017
      4. Hie the Badger
        Hie the Badger
        Quite a few previews are posted so thats why I asked.
        Dec 11, 2017
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        *nods* this is a rough sketch that was only sent to me via a private dropbox... but when the final version comes, I might crop her face to use as my new avatar and if you wanna see the rest, well... I can PM you where to find it.
        Dec 11, 2017
    14. Xylia
      Xylia
      One of these days I need to get off my lazy duff and see if I can get a good Win98SE install running on Dosbox lol.
    15. Xylia
      Xylia
      FINALLY! An 80s song that has eluded me for years has finally been found an identified. (cont)
      1. Kelp likes this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        At least for me, anyways. And like I said, finally it came on while I was in the car (I only turn radio on for longer trips, like once a month) and that one line was JUST enough for me to find it.
        Dec 6, 2017
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        @Kelp : A... strange song lol. Though some of the riff sounded familiar like I'd heard it somewhere else.
        Dec 6, 2017
      5. Hie the Badger
        Hie the Badger
        ... I had west end girls on a mix tape. I had a :red: ton of mix tapes but a lot of them were lost to time, lets say. I made quite a few of the tapes I had.
        Dec 11, 2017
    16. Xylia
      Xylia
      I'm getting to where I am ashamed to call myself a video gamer these days. Honestly, people are so spoiled... (cont)
      1. Blue the Swordsman likes this.
      3. Kip_
        Kip_
        i thought human eyes cant process 144 frames per second... hmmmm
        Nov 29, 2017
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        I don't think anybody really knows what the actual rate that human eyes can process. I don't think there's really a hard "limit", as it varies by person. That's why I usually just use the "Diminishing Returns" term, that as you get up past a certain point (60-80), you get less benefit the higher you go.
        Nov 29, 2017
        Kip_ likes this.
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        But yet it takes increasingly more hardware to achieve it. Going from 80FPS up to 140+ FPS is a pretty significant strain on the hardware.
        Nov 29, 2017
    17. Xylia
      Xylia
      I surely can't be the first person who noticed that the Destiny 2 logo looks like... (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        ...some sort of metal armor bikini with codpiece. I wonder if there's a joke to be had in there somewhere.
        Nov 27, 2017
        Vladimier and diekonradish like this.
    18. Xylia
      Xylia
      YAAAAY NO SCRIPT IS BACK! And its UI is better than ever. AWESOME.
      1. Realith and diekonradish like this.
    19. Xylia
      Xylia
      So it's been 7 months since Pipeworks took over T:OW... kinda curious of anything ever came of that. I'm not expecting a release date (cont)
      1. Kip_ likes this.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        ....or anything, but some news would be nice if they're making any progress whatsoever. Been kinda silent on that front, to be honest...
        Nov 19, 2017
        Kip_ likes this.
    20. Xylia
      Xylia
      [Okami] Slowly but surely they are releasing the older classics on PC.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Doylee
        Doylee
        Dude if they put a GameCube/GameBoy emulator on the Switch they are going to be swimming in so much cash they might just drown. However, who knows. There might be trademark issues on how that sort of stuff may work in Japan or not, but that's just a theory.
        Nov 16, 2017
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Welp, either way, either they release it and let us pay for it, or we'll emulate it. Nintendo is very outspoken against emulation, but their answer to that is to have you buy the same game over and over and over again for each console they release.
        Nov 16, 2017
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        Uh, no thanks. It doesn't work like that, not when the free option exists. I'll pay if it is reasonable to do so. Re-buying the same content for each new console is not reasonable. They could easily set up E-Shop so that it remembers what you've bought and what you haven't, but they choose not to.
        Nov 16, 2017
        Doylee likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 11, 1980 (Age: 37)
    Re-Logic Games Owned:
    • Terraria: PC