1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
Xylia
Last Activity:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:33 AM
Birthday:
Mar 11, 1980

Share This Page

Xylia

Terrarian, 39

Bloodstained is such an awesome game. I have small little nitpicks with it, but overall, I'd have to say I'm very happy with it. Jun 20, 2019

Xylia was last seen:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:33 AM
    1. Xylia
      Xylia
      Bloodstained is such an awesome game. I have small little nitpicks with it, but overall, I'd have to say I'm very happy with it.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        Very much agree with Aurora here! I mean, we paid $40-50 for the original CSOTN and this game has easily way more content than CSOTN had. Easy.
        Jun 23, 2019
        Aurora3500 likes this.
      3. Aurora3500
        Aurora3500
        My main nitpick about the game is the inability to attack upwards or downwards. The special moves also feel difficult to pull off. But other than that, I'm also absolutely loving the game. I love how the shard system works, The Castle is feeling very big, and the in-game Bestiary is awesome. I haven't needed a guide at all because of it.
        Jun 23, 2019
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        They directly ripped off the shard system from Aria of Sorrow, lol. It's a GBA game that was done in the same style of Symphony of the Night and was rather decent! That, and if you'll recall, you couldn't direction attack in SOTN either.
        Jun 23, 2019
    2. Xylia
      Xylia
      So Starbound 1.4 is here. Woulda been nice if they had given people advance notice, though. The Main FU server was supposed to have (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        .....to have events and such that were to be hosted today and tomorrow. Not now, since the update entirely broke the mod. This is why I like it when people tell us in advance, at least a week, when an update is going to be released.
        Jun 14, 2019
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        Especially when it comes to a game with a vibrant modding scene such as Starbound, modmakers NEED to know when a major update is about to go live. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it coming out, but a little advance notice woulda been nice.
        Jun 14, 2019
    3. Xylia
      Xylia
      Somehow, a 640byte file caused my achievements to reset each time I started the game up and every night to be a blood moon.
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        Further investigation reveals that the file in question was installscript.vdf .... I wonder what the heck was in that file that caused THAT? Well anyways, it *appears* to be fixed now after I did a steam verify cache.
        Jun 7, 2019
      2. InstaFiz
        InstaFiz
        Jesus. That sounds like one hell of a bug.
        Jun 7, 2019
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        What really gets me is that there's nothing *IN* that file that looks like it should cause that. It's mostly for the redist stuff.
        Jun 7, 2019
        InstaFiz likes this.
    4. Xylia
      Xylia
      Why did the console player cross the street? ... He didn't. He got ran over by a car that popped in before he could react to it.
      1. TheWorfer27, slump3r and Necrius like this.
      2. slump3r
        slump3r
        bruh moment
        May 23, 2019
        Xylia likes this.
    5. Xylia
      Xylia
      PSA: Firefox users might wanna stick to trusted sites only for the next few hours. A Bug disabled your addons.
      1. Dundershock and Daikonradish like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        May 4, 2019
      4. TiberiumFusion
        TiberiumFusion
        @Xylia I have no clue if that's the case with Quantum, but it works just fine in the green fields of ESR 52
        May 5, 2019
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        Well it's a moot point becuase it's working now lol. But if this kinda thing continues to happen in the future might end up switching to one of the various other browsers.
        May 5, 2019
    6. Xylia
      Xylia
      A surprising number of people do not seem to understand how intelligent stoplights work. (cont)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. InstaFiz
        InstaFiz
        I’ve never heard of such a thing.
        May 2, 2019
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        We have them around here, and a lot of people probably don't realize it. If you see something that looks like a camera next to the stoplight, it's an intelligent stoplight; it scans for cars sitting at the intersection so that people aren't waiting on nothing.
        May 2, 2019
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        Another easy way to tell is if you pull up to a red light and nobody's at the other side, it almost immediately turns green for you.
        May 2, 2019
        InstaFiz likes this.
    7. Xylia
      Xylia
      Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is an awesome game. THAT is a remaster done right. Apparently it was an 8-bit SMS game.
      1. Daikonradish likes this.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        And they let you switch between modern and retro graphics/sound at the push of a button anytime without even going into menus or anything, even while playing the game if you're ever curious as to how an area looked in the original game, and they kept every single piece of the environment faithful to the original.
        May 1, 2019
        Daikonradish likes this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        AND, you can even get passwords from the modern game... and I suspect they work on the original version of the game! So you can literally play it on PC and then boot your SMS up if you had one, and input the password and it should work. lol. That's just... genius.
        May 1, 2019
    8. Xylia
      Xylia
      Just wow. I think every feminist needs to see this.
    9. Xylia
      Xylia
      New BSNES with Mode7 fixes is awesome. Twitch
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        It even adds auto-saves like Higan has!
        Apr 21, 2019
        Daikonradish likes this.
    10. Xylia
      Xylia
      [Ori] I hate it when they ruin a game by putting something so ridiculously stupid that it tarnises an otherwise nice experience. (cont/rant)
      1. neoselket likes this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        And what's worse... a lot of those jumps ARE RNG DEPENDANT. The falling rocks, the lava geysers, are seemingly random and half of the time I die knowing exactly what to do, but because stuff was mis-timed, I wind up running out of time and the stupid bird hits me. A-freaking-gain. By the time I get back to where I'm stuck on, I'd forgotten what I saw in the split second before all the fire obscures the viewing area.
        Apr 20, 2019
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        So yeah, nice game, but crappy mechanics at the end there. Too much insta-death with no checkpoints and too much forced repeating of things you already did.
        Apr 20, 2019
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        Made a few more attempts at it, and I'm just as confused. There's like no clues or anything whatsoever that tells you wtf you're supposed to do here: Twitch
        Apr 20, 2019
    11. Xylia
      Xylia
      So the last fight in the FFXIV/FF15 collab was simply awesome. That's how you make a fun solo battle without it being dark souls hard.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        The last few solo quest fights in XIV were annoying because they were long multi-part fights that if you failed them, it took several minutes to get back to where they were and you had rather low margin of error with insta-death conditions.
        Apr 18, 2019
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        This battle was fun, wasn't multi-part and although it did have insta-death, I didn't mind repeating the fight because it was fun and interesting and you could get right back into it if you failed.
        Apr 18, 2019
    12. Xylia
      Xylia
      WARNING: NSFW Language. I dunno why I haven't been watching this stuff a bit sooner lol.
    13. Xylia
      Xylia
      1. FlyKip likes this.
      3. InstaFiz
        InstaFiz
        Is that actually your channel?
        Mar 16, 2019
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        Yeah. I mostly stream on twitch and then export because I have no video editing skills lol.
        Mar 16, 2019
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        BTW, Just got to the end of it, so my twitch channel has the video of rocket building/launching. I miraculously had almost everything I needed to build it 'cept for some common materials.
        Mar 16, 2019
    14. The Unreal Commoner
      The Unreal Commoner
      Although your 1.3 Newcomer to Endgame guide is a bit out dated, I really enjoyed reading the finished work word for word. As a newcomer myself, I thought it was rather informative. When I googled good guides, it was the first link to pop up, and thus far as been the only reference I've used. Thanks for the time you put into this.
      1. Unit One and Daikonradish like this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        I'm no expert on Summoner obviously, but IIRC, isn't the Bee Armor the first actual summoner set? It seems rather intentional that all the sets start Post-EoW/BoC and that the EoW/BoC armor itself isn't really geared specifically to a set (though I think they have very minor melee bonuses) for that reason. I don't think you were meant to choose until after the 2nd boss.
        Mar 16, 2019
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        Obviously stuff like Gypsy Robes etc notwithstanding because those aren't actual sets that you're going to go out and seek.
        Mar 16, 2019
      5. The Unreal Commoner
        The Unreal Commoner
        I do believe the bee armor is the first summoner gear. But I'd have to kill the boss a couple of times to farm enough mats.
        Mar 16, 2019
    15. Xylia
      Xylia
      IT FINALLY HAPPENED. First time in 1200+ hours. Twitch
      1. Jill, FlyKip and Daikonradish like this.
    16. Xylia
      Xylia
      So apparently discord can detect it's installed on another HDD and pull the settings automatically. (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        THAT is good programming. Other developers should learn from that. I downloaded and installed discord in like 30 seconds, and all of my settings, etc were automatically restored on the new installation. More programs need to be like that.
        Jan 29, 2019
      2. altermaven
        altermaven
        the broad amount of settings are stored in the OS drive's userdata folders, hence why Discord remembers what was what when you've set it up on another drive. To get to the data folder on Windows, type %APPDATA% in the location bar, and it will take you there.

(%appdata% usually sends you to: "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming")
        Jan 29, 2019
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Yeah, I reinstalled windows on my SSD and I left my HDD plugged in... and apparently discord knew to check appdata on the other HDD, lol. It probably just scans all the drives attached to the computer to see if it sees any windows installs or appdata folders or something.
        Jan 29, 2019
    17. Xylia
      Xylia
      *applause* this girl gets it.
      1. Daikonradish and neoselket like this.
    18. Xylia
      Xylia
      Mmh, so cousin bought me Trails in the Sky I believe the name of it is. Looks good so far! Been looking at the game off and on but (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        .....never actually made the move to go get it and play it. So yay!
        Dec 25, 2018
      2. Aurora3500
        Aurora3500
        It's a sequel series to Trails in the Sky. While I haven't played cold steel (yet) I absolutely love Trails in the sky and would expect cold steel to be a similar experience.

(Cold steel still sits in my backlog)
        Dec 25, 2018
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        OH! Haha, actually the one he got me was Trails in the Sky. Whoops. Edited the post to reflect that.
        Dec 25, 2018
    19. Xylia
      Xylia
      [FFXIV] When you do a Lv30 dungeon as a DPS and walk away with 3 comms... #itwasagoodday
    20. Xylia
      Xylia
      So... I wonder if people realize that if you say it outright, #MeToo... # was once called the "Pound Key" before the whole Twitter (cont)
      1. neoselket, Izumi, Athrisir and 2 others like this.
      3. GawenStarTeller
        GawenStarTeller
        Fun fact: the pound symbol is also known as an octothorp/octothorpe. Personally I think that this is the best name for it since it's unique, but not many people know about it.
        Dec 23, 2018
      4. The World Over Heaven
        The World Over Heaven
        People actually say "hashtag?"
        Dec 23, 2018
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        Yeah I've heard it.
        Dec 23, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 11, 1980 (Age: 39)