Xylia

Terrarian, 38

xZVdjwa-468 *applause* this girl gets it. Jan 10, 2019

Xylia was last seen:
Jan 23, 2019 at 7:06 PM
    1. Xylia
      Xylia
      *applause* this girl gets it.
      1. Daikonradish and neoselket like this.
    2. Xylia
      Xylia
      Mmh, so cousin bought me Trails in the Sky I believe the name of it is. Looks good so far! Been looking at the game off and on but (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        .....never actually made the move to go get it and play it. So yay!
        Dec 25, 2018
        InstaFiz likes this.
      2. Aurora3500
        Aurora3500
        It's a sequel series to Trails in the Sky. While I haven't played cold steel (yet) I absolutely love Trails in the sky and would expect cold steel to be a similar experience.

(Cold steel still sits in my backlog)
        Dec 25, 2018
        Xylia likes this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        OH! Haha, actually the one he got me was Trails in the Sky. Whoops. Edited the post to reflect that.
        Dec 25, 2018
    3. Xylia
      Xylia
      [FFXIV] When you do a Lv30 dungeon as a DPS and walk away with 3 comms... #itwasagoodday
    4. Xylia
      Xylia
      So... I wonder if people realize that if you say it outright, #MeToo... # was once called the "Pound Key" before the whole Twitter (cont)
      1. neoselket, Izumi, Athrisir and 2 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. GawenStarTeller
        GawenStarTeller
        Fun fact: the pound symbol is also known as an octothorp/octothorpe. Personally I think that this is the best name for it since it's unique, but not many people know about it.
        Dec 23, 2018
      4. The World Over Heaven
        The World Over Heaven
        People actually say "hashtag?"
        Dec 23, 2018
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        Yeah I've heard it.
        Dec 23, 2018
    5. Xylia
      Xylia
      That's what I miss about the JRPG Genre. I started playing Shadow Hearts: From the New World... (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        ....and I've put 10 hours on the clock with very little grinding (1h tops) and almost no side-questing whatsoever and I'm not quite half of the way through the game's storyline. But yet, newer JRPGs like FF12... I beat that game in 21h with a fair amount of dinking around with grinding, etc.
        Dec 7, 2018
        Daikonradish likes this.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        Newer JRPGs seem like they're full of side quests but the main quest feels shorter.. whereas older games had more meat in the main story with perhaps less side-questing. I think I liked the older JRPGs more, IMO.
        Dec 7, 2018
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        I'm expecting to spend maybe 30-35h on this, from what I recall. So that's a good 50% more game, when comparing the two.
        Dec 7, 2018
    6. Xylia
      Xylia
    7. Xylia
      Xylia
      I feel like a derp. haha. I have a Dualshock to USB adapter (had one for years), and I always thought that it didn't properly detect (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        .....the thumbsticks because I could never get Windows to see the thumbsticks. Here, it's been so long since I messed with PS1 games, that you have to actually push the analog button. I did that and suddenly, windows sees the DPad as a Hat Switch and the thumbsticks both work, just like that. So now I can emulate PS2 games! (cont)
        Dec 5, 2018
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        And dude, the upscaling makes games look awesome even if a couple of my games have glitches because of it. Here's a sample of me messing around in a game: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/344764932 I can stream at 99%-103% FPS, even. The starts and stops are me fiddling with settings, but you get the idea.
        Dec 5, 2018
    8. Xylia
      Xylia
      So apparently you can use a memory card to get most PS2 models to play .iso images from a LAN computer's HDD. That is so awesome. (cont)
      1. Cyastic and Daikonradish like this.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        I've always had terrible luck with Sony's cheap ODDs, that I've not been using my PSOne/PS2 much because the things go bad so often. But, I ordered one of these memory cards with FMCB installed on it. It's so weird that the system would check the memcard before the BIOS when looking for an OS to boot, lol.
        Nov 29, 2018
        Cyastic and Daikonradish like this.
    9. Xylia
      Xylia
      This is hilarious! Way to go Hasbro!
      1. neoselket likes this.
      3. TheWorfer27
        TheWorfer27
        Do you get to buy anything or do you just pay rent?
        Nov 20, 2018
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        I don't know... it sounds like you just pay rent and the whole object of the game is to barely make enough money to stay functional while trying to be the guy that's got the most Experience.
        Nov 20, 2018
        TheWorfer27 likes this.
      5. Daikonradish
        Daikonradish
        Money talks, after all.
        Nov 20, 2018
    10. Xylia
      Xylia
      Blah. Not sure why Modmakers and Adventure Map makers think everybody is MLG. Some of us like to have some casual fun, you know...
      1. neoselket and Cyastic like this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Not just platforming, I find a lot of adventure maps love handing you pretty much no armor whatsoever and then expect you to fight mobs that are almost hardmode strength, and large numbers of them at that. With armor worse than silver armor. Usually magic armor to boot.
        Nov 9, 2018
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        It's like... "here, have two pieces of jungle armor and a melee weapon, and fight these late normal mode enemies that spawn on a 3s timer in a tiny enclosed space, HAVE FUN!"
        Nov 9, 2018
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        Oh, and 100HP max and no hearts too, on top of that. lol.
        Nov 9, 2018
    11. Xylia
      Xylia
      It just occurred to me that Hollow Knight is a game that is absolutely riddled with tons and tons of bugs.
      1. Cyastic and Daikonradish like this.
      3. Daikonradish
        Daikonradish
        applauds
        Nov 6, 2018
      4. Viashino
        Viashino
        no glitches?
        Nov 13, 2018
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        Nope, just bugs.
        Nov 13, 2018
        Daikonradish likes this.
    12. Xylia
      Xylia
      If anybody actually wanted to play Destiny2, they are giving it away for free until Nov 18th. Just need a BNET account and the launcher.
    13. Xylia
      Xylia
      So I finally got around to getting Hollow Knight, nearly 2 years after it came out. (cont)
      1. neoselket likes this.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        The game's praises seem to be well-placed from what I've seen of it thusfar! This definitely looks like a game I'll have to play more of soon. It seems to get right what other games (such as Valdis Story) didn't.
        Nov 1, 2018
        neoselket likes this.
      3. neoselket
        neoselket
        Awesome! If you need any help with it, feel free to ask me.
        Nov 2, 2018
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        So far been doing fine with it, I got most of the well area explored, and last thing I did was unlock the shop NPC that sells trinkets. Oddly, the map guy left a note saying he was with his wife, but I go up there and she's the only one at the shop..
        Nov 2, 2018
    14. Xylia
      Xylia
      So... Catmaze is an awesome game. I played it for a couple hours, had a lot of fun with it, wrote a review, but... (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        .... but I had a problem with my controller messing up, and I posted a thread about it on Steam Discussions for that game, and in like 2 minutes I get a friend request from the dev, who took time out to personally help me through the problem (waiting to see if it works). Just.... wow. I'm entirely amazed at the excellent customer service.
        Oct 4, 2018
        neoselket and Daikonradish like this.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        Highly recommend checking the game out if you like 2D sidescrolling metroidvania with a dash of cute girls and cats.
        Oct 4, 2018
    15. Xylia
      Xylia
      Dude, it has really been four years? Sure don't seem like it. I know I'm likely a day or two late but still!
      1. Daikonradish likes this.
      2. Daikonradish
        Daikonradish
        Congratulations! You served the place excellently! `:D
        Sep 26, 2018
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        Eh, I mostly just lurk lol. But thanks for saying so!
        Sep 26, 2018
    16. Xylia
      Xylia
      [FFXIV] Patch 4.4 is dope. The two dungeons are cool, the bosses are awesome (though the dragon is slightly overtuned IMO), (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        The MSQ storyline/cutscenes are awesome, lots of lore-heavy reveals and cliffhangers.... just all-around awesome patch that has me on the edge of my seat eagerly awaiting 4.5.
        Sep 19, 2018
    17. Xylia
      Xylia
      Got a new mouse today (Logitech G203) and now I feel like I've never used a computer before because I'm fumbling all over everything.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        I did eventually fiddle with the pointer precision, and the pointer movement and clicking is good, it's just the mouse is really tiny compared to my Naga. Why do they think everybody who uses a computer is a 12 year old girl?
        Sep 13, 2018
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        I suppose I could have been more specific when I made my original post, it has more to do with the ergonomics of the mouse and how it feels really small in my hand. I'm a claw-gripper instead of a palm-gripper and I can foresee cramps and muscle strains on the outer tendon that runs along the pinky finger until I get used to it.
        Sep 13, 2018
      4. Xylia
        Xylia
        Clarification in case someone thinks I'm sexist: The 12 year old girl comment had to do with the tiny mice and the size of 12 year old girls' hands compared to boys' hands. Some of those mice I saw at the store were REALLY freaking small, like, how can people even Use those?
        Sep 13, 2018
    18. Xylia
      Xylia
      So, I'm doing a practice playthrough because I want to record a LP when 1.3.6 drops, and.... (cont)
      1. Xylia
        Xylia
        I have the most ridiculous awesome luck in finding junk early-game that would have made for great footage if I had been recording. $100 on the table says that I will get a boring terrible playthrough (in terms of stuff I find, and my luck) when 1.3.6 actually does drop..
        Aug 26, 2018
    19. Xylia
      Xylia
      Saw the dumbest thing ever today, I didn't even know this was a thing until I saw one sitting in the parking lot of a store earlier (cont)
      1. Cyastic likes this.
      3. Xylia
        Xylia
        ....? a screenshot? of what?
        Aug 23, 2018
      4. Super Shides
        Super Shides
        Of Your Post.
        Aug 24, 2018
      5. Xylia
        Xylia
        Wha...? What's so weird about my post?
        Aug 24, 2018
    20. Xylia
      Xylia
      So... My Time at Portia is a simply kick-butt game. Took some serious willpower to actually stop playing it at 2AM. (cont)
      1. Cyastic and Sir AFK like this.
      2. Xylia
        Xylia
        I kept thinking "just another day!" but yet I was like "blah, I should get some sleep... but I wanna keep playing". The game is early access but dang is it fun. I'm hooked I think lol.
        Aug 15, 2018
        Sir AFK likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 11, 1980 (Age: 38)
    Re-Logic Games Owned:
    • Terraria: PC