Official Twas the Day Before Terraria 1.3....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people in Australia will it be released in American time standard or easier to say for Australians on the 31st or is the 30th a global time release?

HERO isn't providing sound and it seems Pedguin keeps yappingyappingyapping.
Bummer.
Oh well, just one more day. :passionate:

For people in Australia will it be released in American time standard or easier to say for Australians on the 31st or is the 30th a global time release?
it'll be released around noon EST on the 30th to my knowledge, it is currently 5:15 AM the 29th for EST

The chances for an early release are very slim, tbh.

I agree; If they were doing an early release, it would have to be unleashed at a minimum of 8 P.M. EDT because that's when the final preview stream ends. If the update landed during a stream, everybody would jump ship to actually play it as opposed to watching someone else do it, unravel all of the prep work and effort both teams put into the coordinating the previews, and render the whole concept of 1.3 eve useless.

Not to mention that 8 is when some people sleep, meaning the Re-logic team will probably call it a day and wait until they can give live support on any issues that might occur, as opposed to forcing some players to deal with bugs until they awake.

Imagine the pandemonium if it was released, hour by hour, to parts of the world...

But it's all up to Steam, really - I remember that in the waiting for 1.2 threads, everyone was hoping Steam would push it through once it was uploaded. That update hit at around 2 AM in Western Australia. So odds are, America will get it midday-ish on June 30th, Australia will get in the very early hours of July 1st.

(Even if we have to wait that long, I have LPers to watch. :dryadnaughty:)

I agree; If they were doing an early release, it would have to be unleashed at a minimum of 8 P.M. EDT because that's when the final preview stream ends. If the update landed during a stream, everybody would jump ship to actually play it as opposed to watching someone else do it, unravel all of the prep work and effort both teams put into the coordinating the previews, and render the whole concept of 1.3 eve useless.

Not to mention that 8 is when some people sleep, meaning the Re-logic team will probably call it a day and wait until they can give live support on any issues that might occur, as opposed to forcing some players to deal with bugs until they awake.
We are just hoping -and yes the chances are almost impossible- that it will actually come out on the 30th (Australia) instead of 3:00am on the 1st.
:indifferent:

Its so hard not to watch! So far I have seen 47 seconds of chippy's video (the intro and when he spawns in), so basically nothing. By the end of today I will have probably seen the whole video. I cannot resist!

We are just hoping -and yes the chances are almost impossible- that it will actually come out on the 30th (Australia) instead of 3:00am on the 1st.
:indifferent:
Nothing wrong with that! :D Much like the implementation of a Hallow alt, I'm not even slightly against the idea...in actuality, I'm hoping the PC gamer stream runs into unexpected, cancellation inducing issues that would cause them to release it as consolation. (Which is far less realistic and roughly twice as unlikely as what you said.)

wait..
loki said "In order to help you survive the last few hours until you have your hands on this amazing update"
does this mean its coming today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom