Serious Chrome vs Firefox?

Firefox. I'm a more computer-tech kind of guy, and it has superior debugging tools. It's also open source, and it allows for a lot of customization. Chrome always stuck out as meh to me. The interface is a lot less clean, and it isn't any faster than firefox.
Though I'm pretty sure Chrome wins at most Benchmarking tests, if I'm correct.

I've used both, and in all honesty I believe that whichever one runs better is based on the computer. I've been on some computers where firefox worked better and some where chrome worked better. Other than that, I prefer Chrome simply because I have used it longer.

I will choose Chrome, because of small RAM i have.

Also a bit off from both, in downloading I would choose Opera instead of both since each time a download failed or speed becomes "?", Opera has specialty to resume it back often so I don't need to download from beginning.

I will choose Chrome, because of small RAM i have.

Also a bit off from both, in downloading I would choose Opera instead of both since each time a download failed or speed becomes "?", Opera has specialty to resume it back often so I don't need to download from beginning.
Really? Every comment I have read points to that Chrome is a very ram-intensive browser, while firefox is a lot lighter.

Really? Every comment I have read points to that Chrome is a very ram-intensive browser, while firefox is a lot lighter.

Really? That's interesting, I might give it more try.
Based on my experience long ago, when I used Firefox long time ago, it consumed a lot of RAM and its slowness that it made me forced to switch into Chrome.
Not sure how the newest firefox update today.
Probably will try again with the newest update of firefox :D.
I hope they didn't forget too add the tab duplicate feature as well after a long of journeys of "version" (since I still use that feature a lot in other browsers).

Also, based on my experience until today, Chrome recently been consuming a lot of RAM in my laptop especially in the "Browser" task that keeps increasing and I can't make its memory usage like it was opened (and without closing and reopening it) and also, an empty tab still costs around 30 MB which is too much for me which only has 1 GB RAM.

As a note, I also like Google Chrome simply for the fact that I can make a pun using the main character of Fire Emblem Awakening, Chrom. So more often than not, you will see me call Google Chrome, Google Chrom. Also, I have downloaded firefox and am using both on the same computer again. It's a preference thing. Depends on how I feel.

I tend to use a mix of chrome, firefox and tor; all for different things. Chrome tends to be my most used however.

Reactions: tec
I haven't used Firefox in such a long time, I've been a Chrome user for a while. When I switched, Firefox didn't have a lot of the conveniences that Chrome had/has, but they've probably been adapted by now. Things like auto-finishing URLs.
That and Firefox has always been slower for me. Never figured out why. Also not as many addons and themes are produced for Firefox.
Maybe these things have changed since I last used it, but I'm still attached to Chrome now. At this point it'd be asking too much of me to switch. It'd be like trying to get the U.S. to use the Metric system. The States have used the Imperial system for a long time, and it wouldn't be as easy as just telling everyone to switch. These things get ingrained, y'know?

FIREFOX, and I would use Internet explorer if I had to chose between chrome and IE.
I'm trying to avoid using Google's vile products as much as I can because I hate Google forever now for reasons.
Not to mention, Google is so stingy about their addons and stuff among the lines, while Firefox is much friendlier AND it doesn't have like 10 different ad spying functions embedded within it.

Back
Top Bottom