Is it end of Terraria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's like a stripped down version of normal Terraria but with more quests?

What's the point?
No, it's basically a RPG spinoff of Terraria where the player has failed to stop the corruption and died, so another one must now cleanse the world by placing towers and defending them from monsters
^ that's the Otherworld story

No, it's basically a RPG spinoff of Terraria where the player has failed to stop the corruption and died, so another one must now cleanse the world by placing towers and defending them from monsters
^ that's the Otherworld story

So like I said, Terraria: Tower Defense.

You can't determine whether the cake is good or not before it gets out of the oven, we'll get to fully judge the game for ourselves whenever it finally releases.
Sure you can. You know it won't be good if it's on fire or charred in the oven.

On a more serious note, I'm not a fan of otherworld's animation style. It just does'nay seem right. The spriting is great, but the animations don't fit with it.

Look at it this way

Red makes something.... ill buy it, ill buy it all

First i want my custom armor ;D (drools)

I very much dislike the tower defense genre. It seems like a lazy way to make a game.

Here, watch as your thingies shoot these other thingies. All the fun to be had there.
Same with grinding your :red: for dat sick key when you were a 1.2 hippie and the only grinding gear you had was 8 minions.

Terraria is quite evidently going to be a franchise. So no, thankfully, this is not the end of Terraria. For all the flaws there are to :red: about elsewhere in the forum, I've enjoyed 500 hours of Terraria. It's very much created a genre/style of its own that I vastly prefer over Minecraft, and I'm very happy to see more of it in the future.

It is nowhere near the end for Terraria. If anything it is still only the beginning.

This is the last update that Redigit himself will be working on. Other developers including Cenx, Yoraiz0r, and Skiphs will continue to update Terraria after 1.3. It is likely that the updates won't be as huge scale as the major ones such as 1.2 and 1.3, but will still make the game even better.

Redigit will still be working on other games in the Terraria series such as Terraria 2 and Terraria: Otherworld. Otherworld is apparently planned to be released sometime this year while we don't have a lot of info on Terraria 2. Both games will expand the Terraria series well and the series will continue to evolve even further with them.

I'm not a fan of otherworld's animation style. It just does'nay seem right. The spriting is great, but the animations don't fit with it.
Sprites, animations and mechanics are not final. The game is still in alpha. We just took a peek at what it might look like once finished; don't judge it so early.

I very much dislike the tower defense genre. It seems like a lazy way to make a game.
Here, watch as your thingies shoot these other thingies. All the fun to be had there.
You still build, explore, and kill enemies yourself. (Duh). Who ever said it was a tower defense game? Is it just because you saw some turrets in the alpha footage?

Sprites, animations and mechanics are not final. The game is still in alpha. We just took a peek at what it might look like once finished; don't judge it so early.

You still build, explore, and kill enemies yourself. (Duh). Who ever said it was a tower defense game? Is it just because you saw some turrets in the alpha footage?

It doesn't need to be explicitly stated so the simpler minds can grasp that you're defending a beacon for x amount of time or waves of enemies, as shown in footage and news about the game. This is barebones tower defense genre.

So, a few answers.

-This game is not dead, its just Red's last update he's personally working on. A smaller team lead by Cenx is still making Terraria updates every few months

-Terraria: Otherworld is NOT Terraria 2, its a spinoff game

-Terraria 2 is happening, its being planned and discussed but not actively developed, and it may or may not be in 2.5D.

You know, 9/10 times you see alpha footage, it's already set in stone. Given that the tower defense is the main aspect of the game, stated over and over again, yes, it DOES have a good deal of tower defense. Art style similarly is already heavily developed. That's not going to go through a sudden redesign in ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom