PC Which Pillar do you find to be the most annoying?

Which Pillar do you find to be the most annoying?

• Total voters
I must be missing something really obvious, because Vortex is my nemesis. Everyone says "it's so easy, just box yourself in, nothing there can hit through walls"... but if I do that, then those stupid stupid portals appear inside my cage and dump Hornets right on top of me every two seconds.

Solar is easy, stay about eight blocks off the ground and use fast piercing weapons. Stardust is easy, stay under an overhang so the Invaders can't hit you. Nebula is easy (if a little chaotic), just get some fast wings and fly in wide circles around the Floaters. But Vortex? It's either hide in a box and get facerolled by Hornets, or don't hide in a box and get facerolled by everything.

As of now I no longer have any issues with the pillar guardians however before I learned to adapt to counter them all

solar use platforms so you can stay in the air without being crawipede food solid platforms work best with a platform above and below so as to stop the meteor head enemies as they tend to not know what to do letting you kill them safely. yo-yos, the blizzard staff, nettle burst or the deathsickle can be used to atack through or around blocks

nebula use a mount for extra maneuverability, at worst retreat if things become dangerous as only the face hugging space metroid things will chase you up in the sky and they are easy to kill without the teleporting guys.

vortex... yeah kill the gunners quickly... and watch out for the debuff that messes with gravity as that's the one major trap here.

stardust dodge the flow invaders and try and kill the star cells quickly solid block platforms can block the attacks from enemies on the ground
also once you know the general area where the pillars spawn(note that which pillars spawn where is random) you can set up a strong hold of sorts reach the kill quota then go out to finish the pillar off I've found this to be the most effective strategy

however nebula and solar are the most complex and thus would earn the title most annoying as they take the longest to understand.

Vortex is now mildly annoying due to the portals spawning on you but still easy to me. I dispatch the hornets really quickly by using the Solar Wrath.

Either that or I stay at a distance where I'm not near enough for portals to spawn on top of me, but near enough for Vortex enemies to appear. It's not that hard to do.

The order for me is, from easiest to hardest.

Stardust-Nothing that hard there, atleast not for me.

Solar-The only things that annoy me here are the Corites.

Vortex-Hornet portals... Hornet portals everywhere..

And finally, Nebula-Floaters, always teleporting, Brain Sucklers, obstructing my vision, and the glowing invincible ball things..

That Damn Pink one with those cheap teleporting brain things...

good thing stary will rek it solo

For me, Solar.

Solar has extremely agile enemies that will hunt you down and slap that bum of yours faster than you can say 'Uncle'.
Which is funny, considering Solar gear focuses on melee damage, and yet the pillar has enemies that you in no way in hell want to go one-on-one combat with.
Here's what I did though: I went and beat Vortex pillar first to obtain Vortex Beater
Vortex_Beater.png

Then, I started mining some of that good ol' Chlorophyte for homing bullets, and kept dodging the enemies as much as possible.
After I get the Solar fragments, I craft myself the Solar Eruption
Solar_Eruption.png
and then proceed to take out the last ones.
But I think we can all agree that in the end, they are all annoying in their own ways.

Solar is pretty evil, since Corites are so fast, its attacks (meteors) are devastating, and you're grounded. However, the fact that Nebula has no attack of its own really says something - I always die there because of Nebula Floaters taking my attention away from Evolution Beasts.

Vortex is fairly easy if you avoid the Alien Queen's swarms and also manage to not get meatshot by Storm Divers. Stardust is fun as hell because the Flow Invaders and Milkyway Weavers are fun, aggressive fights that keep you on your toes.

I was gonna say solar because, F*ck that centipede thing that prevents you from flying leading to some very frustrating moments with the enemies that murder your face on the ground. Then I remembered how fun nebula was with the Nebula Floaters that hit like freakin trucks with the lasers, the Brain suckers that like to literally murder your face and can be easy to lose in a crowd, and the evolution beasts who are fast and can easily catch you when your trying to land and deal huge amounts of damage. Vortex was annoying because it decided to go underground for our battle and it was really stupid trying to get to it. That said, That was about the only annoying thing about the Vortex pillar. The stardust pillar was the easiest. Even though everything still hits like a truck, the stardust cells constant replication made it really easy to take down its shield.

TL;DR: Nebula because, in general, it's harder than the others without silly gimmicks.

Solar. I'm surprised that the Crawltipedes are what everyone hates about them; they avoid you completely while you're on the ground, and the multiplied-by-ten damage at the tail also applies to lifesteal. To me, they're giant flying health kits.
My real problem, though, is the Selenians. The projectile reflection mechanic is interesting, and honestly kind of cool. And then you get hit in the face with a high-speed 200+ damage bullet because your own projectiles are too tiny to properly see in the mess of the event.

Solar. I'm surprised that the Crawltipedes are what everyone hates about them; they avoid you completely while you're on the ground, and the multiplied-by-ten damage at the tail also applies to lifesteal. To me, they're giant flying health kits.
My real problem, though, is the Selenians. The projectile reflection mechanic is interesting, and honestly kind of cool. And then you get hit in the face with a high-speed 200+ damage bullet because your own projectiles are too tiny to properly see in the mess of the event.

My real issue with the Solar Pillar is the Corites. It's damn near impossible to stop them from charging you, and they're pretty much immune to knockback when doing so.

My real issue with the Solar Pillar is the Corites. It's damn near impossible to stop them from charging you, and they're pretty much immune to knockback when doing so.
For me, Corites and Srollers are what make the fight fun. Dodging them and retaliating with a blast of projectiles is one of the best feelings in the game.

They're a non-issue when I used the Flairon and the Solar Eruption. I don't think they could reflect Flairon bubbles, and Solar Eruption can't be reflected.

I agree that Corites are the most annoying things. Crawltipedes, Selenians, Drakanians (and their Drakomire mounts), and Srollers can't do anything against a grounded, boxed-in guy using the Solar Eruption. Then those stupid wallhacking Meteor Head upgrades come and tackle me through the box.

To be honest, even without intensive box-housing cheesing, the only mobs that are a serious issue during Solar are the Corites (which move as fast as a mosquito you've been following around the house for half a hour like killing it was your only life objective) and Srollers (which jump on you from miles away like nuclear fusion propelled cannon balls with the knockback resistance of a bulldozer). I barely have ever seen any projectiles deflected, not entirely sure about the pillars guns but Solar, Nebula and Stardust weapons all seem to be immune to deflection.

wait wait wait wait wait. Crawltipedes don't target you if you aren't flying????????? o_O Wish I knew this like 5 celestial events ago.

Now that I know this, the celestial event is a complete cake walk now. Nebula armor + razorblade typhoon / nebula arcanum makes everthing a complete joke except for the stupid crawltipedes. (celestial cuffs are a must have too)

I've set up little areas near where the pillars spawn and have farmed for all the banners and have put them at each location. Gives you more defense and makes them easier to kill. Still have to be on the defensive but the banners help a lot.

I must be missing something really obvious, because Vortex is my nemesis. Everyone says "it's so easy, just box yourself in, nothing there can hit through walls"... but if I do that, then those stupid stupid portals appear inside my cage and dump Hornets right on top of me every two seconds.

I was able somehow able to do it once without anything spawning inside my "box", but every other time I, like you, got killed by hornets spawning on me.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437434873,1437434747][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're probably thinking of the Vortexians. Those can't shoot through walls.

I'm thinking of solar. Just kill enough meteor-things to get a banner, hang it up and solar is finished. It's not that hard.

Now that I know this, the celestial event is a complete cake walk now. Nebula armor + razorblade typhoon / nebula arcanum makes everthing a complete joke except for the stupid crawltipedes. (celestial cuffs are a must have too)

Hey, don't forget the Nebula Blaze now. It's awesome.
Also, don't forget the Celestial Magnet. Damage boost plus extended mana star pickup range means, barring a case of bad luck, running out of mana in an event where enemies swarm you is a thing of the past.

Back
Top Bottom