Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, some sounds, like the sharknado minion shooting a sharkron, also won't play sometimes, but later will. Despite this, some other sounds are fine.

mac and linux user now.

31400c0ecaef253135663dcd8d90758c.400x225x150.gif

good job i just spat my drink everywhere

Anyone having issues with a "Missing Executable" error from Steam:

@Skiphs has figured out a workaround for us. This is a Steam related issue and unfortunately cannot be resolved on our end. Please see this thread for more information and the workaround: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...wn-issues-and-workarounds-if-available.27746/

I was also having the same issue and it worked for me, so that's a good sign!

If you are encountering this issue - I urge you to report it to Steam support so it can be investigated by them.

Questions or discussion pertaining to this problem can be discussed here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/missing-executable.27642/

it is awesome. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
i have started a world whit a friend of me on expert mode and we are rocking it thanks so much this means a lot to me. :D:D:D:D:D

Btw, CentOS 6 is not compatible with the glibc used in terraria.bin.x86_64, so don't lose any time trying[/CODE]

I have been working around that problem with multiple game servers by compiling a recent gcc and linking newest libstdcc only to the executable with LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Below is a sample I had done under gcc-4.9.2

Code:
    wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/gcc-4.9.2/gcc-4.9.2.tar.gz
    tar -xzvf gcc-4.9.2.tar.gz
    cd gcc-4.9.2
    ./contrib/download_prerequisites
    cd ..
    mkdir gcc-4.9.2-obj
    cd gcc-4.9.2-obj/
    $PWD/../gcc-4.9.2/configure --prefix=/tools/gcc-4.9.2 --enable-languages=c++ --disable-nls --disable-multilib --disable-libgcj --without-headers --disable-static --without-cloog --without-isl
    --[ WARNING: can take several hours on single procs, and just around 20min on i7-like procs, can be quicker to generate at home and upload ]--   
    make -j6
    make -j6 install

linking the lib near the game executable

Code:
ln -s /tools/gcc-4.9.2/lib*/libstdc++.so.6 /starbound/linux64/libstdc++.so.6

and LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./ in a launch sh script near the games binary should load the newest

And yeah it is worth to loose time because if you get it you won't get any more regression because of the manipulation, it is stable as having the libstdc++ straight in the system

Go to documents, look for the "My Games" Folder (Don't search for it, I don't think it comes out when you try to search it), Go to the Terraria Folder, There will be the folders "Players" and "Worlds" in that folder with many other stuff that I don't know. I think this should work, but I'm not sure.
Didnt work.

These are the only officially supported OS's, although Terraria may run on additional ones.

Please join the Open Beta Testing FeedBack social group to report issues (there are multiple links in the past few pages, and on the first post).

Are you saying that you can't access your Windows characters from your Mac/Linux PC? If so, you will need to save them to the Cloud first. If not, please explain your issue a bit more.

You can find it where your Terraria.exe is located (Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files).

Yes, you can play with your friends from your Mac PC. There is no demo for the PC version.

I don't know, how do you save it to the cloud then? But i am connected to internet when i save manual before i exit in terraria on the pc but i can't get it on my mac. Not even the trophies and achievements. I am so grateful if you can help! Thanks!

I need to know when this will be out for gog because all my favourite servers are on steam with that so i cant use them because it says you arent using the same version of this server so if anyone knows please tell me.

I have a problem, i already downloaded the game, but when i press play, steam does its "Preparing to Launch Terraria", then closes and Terraria never starts, i'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32 bits, anyone has the same problem as me?

I need to know when this will be out for gog because all my favourite servers are on steam with that so i cant use them because it says you arent using the same version of this server so if anyone knows please tell me.
1.3.0.7 is already out for the GOG version.

will it ever come out on the app store?
Please read the big notice at the top of every page on this forum.

I have a problem, i already downloaded the game, but when i press play, steam does its "Preparing to Launch Terraria", then closes and Terraria never starts, i'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32 bits, anyone has the same problem as me?
Please report issues in the Social Group dedicate to it (link in the first post of this thread). To answer your question, though, Terraria is unable to run on 32-bit Linux operating systems due to an issue with Steam; look about 5-10 posts above yours.

1.3.0.7 is already out for the GOG version.

Please read the big notice at the top of every page on this forum.

Please report issues in the Social Group dedicate to it (link in the first post of this thread). To answer your question, though, Terraria is unable to run on 32-bit Linux operating systems due to an issue with Steam; look about 5-10 posts above yours.
I read it and i still dont know.Yes, or no?

We have NO new information to give about future Console and Mobile updates at this time, including 1.3 content.

Re-Logic does not develop the mobile versions. 505Games has not made any announcement regarding it. We cannot tell you if it will or not, because we don't know.

Oh, I see. While I don't speak for the dev team or Re-Logic, I suspect you will only be able to get it through Steam on Mac (at least until that version is stable, among other things).

You can buy the game from Steam from any OS, and you will be able to download it for any OS. (Aka, you don't need Windows at all to buy & play on Mac.)

So I have to buy Terraria off steam even though it says it is only available for PC?
I just want all questions answered before I spend money on Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom