Map-Adventure Spelunky Adventure Map

Clara

Terrarian
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?nw0d751r6hrz4nz

This map was designed for one player but there are enough items for up to 10 players to play alongside each other. It is based of the game Spelunky (HD version) and has 16 levels throughout the 4 areas. There are a lot of similarities though I decided not to give players rope and bombs. Do not use your starter items in this map.

Each level except the boss level has a chest with loot inside to help you. You can skip most items but you will need at least a few to win. Some levels like the castle level and the spaceship level have really good loot but are hard to get to.

To advance between levels get to the teleporter and press the switch. The teleporter on the final boss fight has a timer so it takes a small while before you will be teleported from it. Like Spelunky, death will mean you have to start over from scratch. If you want you can start over with the items you gained but it is meant for you to start with a new character and to reset the map if there are no items left in the chests. I also added checkpoints at the start of each area if you want to use them.

And also like Spelunky, this is not easy.

Here is a video by Pedguin that goes through the whole map:

Pictures:

Start:

uiboHX1.png

Snake Pit:

f5Y7ku0.png

Caves:

D4X4NQj.png

Jungle:

kwa2NID.png

Spike Pit:

QqcMvqZ.png

Castle:

adsa55a.png

Ice Caves:

1nUUHk4.png

To the Mothership:

Tq2U2oA.png

Temple:

zjP13p6.png

Last edited:
Seems interesting. Gonna give it
*edid* Quite the challenge. Barely got past the jungle.
Still, I had fun :)

Last edited:
This is quite fun, and by fun i mean rage inducing.

One thing that confuses me is the mobs, how have you gotten them to not spawn except for from statues?

This is quite fun, and by fun i mean rage inducing.

One thing that confuses me is the mobs, how have you gotten them to not spawn except for from statues?

They do spawn in a few places, mainly the jungle. They normally don't spawn though because most of the walls are player placed walls which don't allow mobs to spawn.

They do spawn in a few places, mainly the jungle. They normally don't spawn though because most of the walls are player placed walls which don't allow mobs to spawn.
Oh ok, ive been having a lot of trouble with the snatchers in the jungle. Ive even come across regular slimes, zombies and demon eyes in it.

Oh ok, ive been having a lot of trouble with the snatchers in the jungle. Ive even come across regular slimes, zombies and demon eyes in it.
Yeah it wasn't intended that way, it can make it a decent amount tougher.

I just made a quick change to the map now changing that.

Good idea, this also happens in the ice biome section just so you know :3

I just finished the map and I have a bit of constructive criticism about it, its pretty hard, pretty fun and its always nice to see adventure maps based off of other games.
My biggest issue with it (other than the mob spawns) is that if you get the jetpack, it becomes an absolute joke. You can fly over almost every trap and pressure plate, even the ones that are in the hallways that are 3 blocks tall (you can just get over them) and when you pair it with the umbrella you become unstoppable.

My other major issue is the rocket launcher, I guess it is a good 'reward' for getting past the crazy amount of traps leading to it, but once again the jetpack breaks this. You can fly over every single trap. Even the one that spawns the mimic. The tier 3 missiles along with the unreal modifier makes it absolutely obliterate the boss at the end in mere seconds.

Even still, its a good map and I'm kind of just nitpicking. I'd rate it a 7/10

Good idea, this also happens in the ice biome section just so you know :3

I just finished the map and I have a bit of constructive criticism about it, its pretty hard, pretty fun and its always nice to see adventure maps based off of other games.
My biggest issue with it (other than the mob spawns) is that if you get the jetpack, it becomes an absolute joke. You can fly over almost every trap and pressure plate, even the ones that are in the hallways that are 3 blocks tall (you can just get over them) and when you pair it with the umbrella you become unstoppable.

My other major issue is the rocket launcher, I guess it is a good 'reward' for getting past the crazy amount of traps leading to it, but once again the jetpack breaks this. You can fly over every single trap. Even the one that spawns the mimic. The tier 3 missiles along with the unreal modifier makes it absolutely obliterate the boss at the end in mere seconds.

Even still, its a good map and I'm kind of just nitpicking. I'd rate it a 7/10

Yeah I did it to the Ice Biome as well. With those items they were intended to be more of a side route bonus but it seems like people were always trying to get them. I think that is boosted by the fact it originally had no checkpoints so it was not worth risking it as much when I first made it. While I'm at it I'll go and change the jetpack.

Looking at the map I had actually already changed it to a shiny red balloon when I increased the item amount for someone recently, just hadn't put the changes in the version of the map I put in this thread.

Reactions: Elk
How come when I download the map there is an active stone block barrier in the way and no way to deactivate it, allowing me to exit the start area? All youtube play-throughs I see start with no barrier and only 1 barrel, but I see 2 barrels and a barrier that I can't pass without mining...and I thought I wasn't supposed to use my starting items.

How come when I download the map there is an active stone block barrier in the way and no way to deactivate it, allowing me to exit the start area? All youtube play-throughs I see start with no barrier and only 1 barrel, but I see 2 barrels and a barrier that I can't pass without mining...and I thought I wasn't supposed to use my starting items.
Sorry about that, it was left over from an old version which I forgot to remove, I just removed it in this version now: https://www.mediafire.com/?nw0d751r6hrz4nz

I really enjoyed this map. It was definitely tough, but manageable if you stick to it. Although it can't be exactly like Spelunky, you did capture a good amount of the general style of the game (especially with how easily you can die). I felt accomplishment when I got to the end. :happy:

A couple suggestions. First off, Spelunky isn't that dark. I know it's a bit bigger in size which makes the distance for fall damage seem a lot farther than Terraria, so you had to make it smaller; and obviously you don't want to give too much light cause then people can just see everything; but I do think a few small lights here and there would be nice. You don't need torches, but a few things that glow would help brighten it a bit without revealing everything. If it weren't for the fact that Terraria doesn't suffer from the carry limit that Spelunky does, it would be cool to have a level where everything is dark and you pick up a torch. lol

My other suggestion would be to wire the statues to the teleporter from the previous area. This would cause one set of enemies to spawn in each area and force you to fight them, without causing things such as hitting the same switch 10+ times and spawning so many enemies you get flooded or just being able to skip them all.
The exception would be the enemies that spawn as traps because you're trying to get something, like the chest statues. And the last teleporter.

Overall it was a great map, and now I really feel like playing more Spelunky. :dryadgrin:

I really enjoyed this map. It was definitely tough, but manageable if you stick to it. Although it can't be exactly like Spelunky, you did capture a good amount of the general style of the game (especially with how easily you can die). I felt accomplishment when I got to the end. :happy:

A couple suggestions. First off, Spelunky isn't that dark. I know it's a bit bigger in size which makes the distance for fall damage seem a lot farther than Terraria, so you had to make it smaller; and obviously you don't want to give too much light cause then people can just see everything; but I do think a few small lights here and there would be nice. You don't need torches, but a few things that glow would help brighten it a bit without revealing everything. If it weren't for the fact that Terraria doesn't suffer from the carry limit that Spelunky does, it would be cool to have a level where everything is dark and you pick up a torch. lol

My other suggestion would be to wire the statues to the teleporter from the previous area. This would cause one set of enemies to spawn in each area and force you to fight them, without causing things such as hitting the same switch 10+ times and spawning so many enemies you get flooded or just being able to skip them all.
The exception would be the enemies that spawn as traps because you're trying to get something, like the chest statues. And the last teleporter.

Overall it was a great map, and now I really feel like playing more Spelunky. :dryadgrin:

With this map I believe I tried to simulate Spelunky too much, I could of focused more on making it enjoyable to play rather than trying to simulate another game. I think I could of used lighting a lot better in this map like you said. One thing with Spelunky I don't like is how everything being lit up takes away from the atmosphere, I think the same case would be if I added lots of lighting in this map. But yeah how you suggested with carefully placed lights would of been great and added to the map.

Wiring up the statues to the teleporter is a good idea, that is something I would do if I ever do an update to the map. Thank you for your feedback.

I just finished it, and it was fun! I was really lucky though, i got a normal chain knife from some bats and an unpleasant bone sword from some skeletons, which helped a lot. It was a great map!

I know that this thread hasnt had any activity for about 2 months now, but I still feel like saying this.
This map alone was what convinced me to buy Spelunky because of how much fun I had with it, and now that I have a good 30 hours (and counting) into spelunky its really nice to come back to this map and see all the different parts of the levels re-created surprisingly accurately in Terraria.
Basically what im saying is this is an amazing map and a great representation of Spelunky

Back
Top Bottom