• Paladins hammer

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • The Terrarian

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Flairon

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Solar Eruption

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (tell me in your reply, and if I like it will add to poll)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Flower Pow

• Sniper Rifle

• Venus Magnum

• Obsidian swordfish (would be hard, but would like to see how it turns out)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkeIetron

Skeletron
So I'm doing a challenge playthrough, and as I looked through the big challenge thread the one I liked most was Milt's "This is my weapon, there are many like it but this one is mine" playthrough and I'm wondering what weapon I should use. So, I've thought of a few that might be interesting but I'd like to know what you guys think would be fun. I put weapons that I think would be nice to use, but am open to suggestions!

that could be fun, alas hard. Probably wont do it this time around, but maybe on a different character.

Paladin's Hammer all the way, powerful but not too much range, but Terra Blade might be a good option too. Definitely not the Terrarian though, that rips everything, including ML, to shreds.

All these will make the game very easy from start to end, so, meh.

I'm voting for Flower Pow. :cool:

I'd say a Sniper Rifle, because it's a weapon that won't instantaneously kill the BoC/EoW or the Wall of Flesh. So, you still have to be at least mediocre in survival to not die.

All the listed weapons in the poll will just decimate everything until you get back to end-game, so there's no real point.

Ice Blade is an interesting weapon to try out in my opinion.
If you are looking for a mage class weapon, the magic harp is not a bad choice.
For ranged, probably the proximity mine launcher. If youre having a hard time with the ammo, then probably the Clockwork assault rifle.

You guys are right, removing all the weapons except for the hammer and other, will add a couple I like in. The sniper rifle sounds fun, not being able to attack for the first day/night seeing you don'\t have ammo

Edit: Can't remove the op ones, but I recommend you don't vote for them- not going to use them except maybe if it gets voted for the paladins hammer..

Is it just me that doesn't see much point in this challenge?

Let's say you pick the Paladin Hammer, everything up to Golem will be ridiculously easy. You might as well just go kill Fishron and Moon Lord with the Paladin Hammer and consider the challenge complete IMO, since everything before then is pointless really.

Is it just me that doesn't see much point in this challenge?

Let's say you pick the Paladin Hammer, everything up to Golem will be ridiculously easy. You might as well just go kill Fishron and Moon Lord with the Paladin Hammer and consider the challenge complete IMO, since everything before then is pointless really.

the whole challenge is that if you accidentally hit anything with anything other than the paladins hammer, including accidentally hitting a slime with an axe, or a bat with a pickaxe, the playthrough is over. You lose.

Edit: Also, you can just pick the obsidian swordfish for me- you still have a chance to vote.

Last edited:
How about the copper shortsword?

No, really. Do it.

I might seriously do that after this one, only make the goal to beat all pre hardmode bosses (I highly doubt even any youtuber even, like yrimir, could beat the moon lord with a shortsword.)

Also, I recommend the people who voted for stuff like the terrarian and vampire knives change their vote- even if one of them win I wont be doing it with them.

Edit: Going to try out the cpper shortsword one, waiting to see which vote wins is killing me.

Edit: Failed pretty fast, while mining the sand below an antlion somehow my pickaxe hit him through the block. RIP.

Last edited:
The condition of never accidentally hitting something with a tool is up there with mining every possible block with a copper pickaxe (with no mining bonuses) in a large world... completely pointless.

The condition of never accidentally hitting something with a tool is up there with mining every possible block with a copper pickaxe (with no mining bonuses) in a large world... completely pointless.

Might make it so I can accidentally hit things with the pickaxe, just try my best not to.

Back
Top Bottom