Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Underground desert? more like giant bee hive!!

another:

last one:

heh, I've never used the Clentaminator until a few days ago, it's pretty cool. Any ideas for a cool solution?

These are some really, really creative ideas! Maybe one one to turn stuff into deserts? (Don't recall if they already exist haha)

Glad you're doing this :D

I'd recommend making the projectile the same colour as the solution, like the vanilla ones.

What about one that just destroys?

Actually, I plan to add optional json support as the last thing before the full release. Because someone pointed out that json means that the game doesn't need to load as many classes that take up memory space.
Ah okay.. well they'll still have to wait a while then..

Hey, I need help. How i can add the animation of the slime king? I have the 5 frames, but only use the first when is in game. I tryed with npc.animationType and npc.animation but it doesnt works :/

Anyone know how to make an armor piece display textures for other parts of the body? E.g., a robe (which goes in the chest piece) showing the legs texture.

I tried just doing something like ExampleChestpiece_legs.png and hoped it would automatically work but it doesn't. The best I was able to do is to merge the body and legs textures into one .png, but the animations are a bit weird and vanity legs are obscured (and vanilla terraria uses two separate textures anyway). AutoloadEquip() looks like it could be what I'm looking for but if so, I have no idea how I'd tell it to render a leg texture for a chest armor piece.

Oh and is there any way for UpdateArmorSet to know what the player is wearing? I want my armor piece to provide different set bonuses depending on which vanilla armor piece is equipped. I blindly tried if player.head == ItemID.whatever but that doesn't work unfortunately.

Hey, I need help. How i can add the animation of the slime king? I have the 5 frames, but only use the first when is in game. I tryed with npc.animationType and npc.animation but it doesnt works :/
Let's see what you have.
Anyone know how to make an armor piece display textures for other parts of the body? E.g., a robe (which goes in the chest piece) showing the legs texture.

I tried just doing something like ExampleChestpiece_legs.png and hoped it would automatically work but it doesn't. The best I was able to do is to merge the body and legs textures into one .png, but the animations are a bit weird and vanity legs are obscured (and vanilla terraria uses two separate textures anyway). AutoloadEquip() looks like it could be what I'm looking for but if so, I have no idea how I'd tell it to render a leg texture for a chest armor piece.

Oh and is there any way for UpdateArmorSet to know what the player is wearing? I want my armor piece to provide different set bonuses depending on which vanilla armor piece is equipped. I blindly tried if player.head == ItemID.whatever but that doesn't work unfortunately.
I can't figure out how vanilla robes even work, weird.

The player.head variable refers to a headSlot, and this is separate from itemid. Find them here: https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/wiki/Vanilla-Item-Field-Values

I once saw a texture for the body of a robe, which included the legs (in the same texture). This seemed to work... I'm currently looking for the texture in question and I'll get back to you when I find it.

EDIT:
I found the texture, but it's part of the ThoriumMod+ mod, so I'll ask permission to show it here first.

Last edited:
I'd recommend making the projectile the same colour as the solution, like the vanilla ones.

What about one that just destroys?
K, I tried that....destroying that many tiles at once gave me some lag. It was pretty cool though, basically cleared out a 50 tile wide hellevator at falling speed.

v0.6
-Proofed ModRecipe methods against modder mistakes
-Mac support
-.cs files are no longer saved as .tmod resources (woops!)
-Made mods compatible cross-platform
-Added support for building .dll files as mods
-Added Unload hook for Mod
-Revamped how minimap handles mod tiles and walls to cut down minimap's RAM usage
-Fixed bug that made .twld files larger than they had to be
-Made some private Projectile fields public
-Fixed bug where Jungle Temple door cannot be unlocked
-Fixed bug with sign GUI
-Fixed bug where cloud saves are not separate from vanilla cloud saves
-Added mod browser - an easy way to upload / download mods
-Basic buff support
-Added support for platform-like tiles
-Fixed bug where miscellaneous custom sounds don't work
-Improved saving for mannequins and item frames with modded items
-Gave ModDusts their own types
-Added hooks for vanity effects for armor sets
-Linux support
-Made a fancy installer
-Partial music support
-Added "Open Mods Folder" button to Mods menu
-Added support for animating vanilla tiles

Some features in action: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-tmodloader-a-modding-api.23726/page-162#post-777556

Oh, my, god, it's finally released! Hah, take that, school! I'm still able to scrap together some free time!

The first thing I want to say is, I fully expect Murphy's Law to apply to this update. I expect everything to go wrong, crash, and burn. So, let me know when you run into any problems.

With that out of the way, this update mostly focuses on internal improvements. It's compatible with Mac and Linux now, performance was improved a lot, and many bugs were fixed. Many miscellaneous features were also added here and there. The update notes should have everything. I feel like this is a major turning point for tModLoader (even if this update ends up with a rough start). I estimate tModLoader is about half complete now.

Do note that this update will require changes to several parts of your mod code. Specifically, the dust and map tile systems have been redone.

Anyways, the next update will focus on the ModPlayer class. Once the next update is complete, all the features that most people would want to use, excluding world-related hooks, will be complete. However, the next update will also take a really long time, due to three reasons:
  1. School, obviously.
  2. Drawing-related hooks for players. tAPI did this through a PlayerLayer system; however, this involved extensive changes to the source code, which I wanted to avoid. I still haven't thought of a good alternative yet :/
  3. The ExampleMod. With the next update, I really want to add very cool stuff to the ExampleMod, so I might end up getting carried away :p
I was going to say something more, but I forgot what...
Edit: I remember! You will need to rebuild your mods for v0.6.

Last edited:
v0.6
-Proofed ModRecipe methods against modder mistakes
-Mac support
-.cs files are no longer saved as .tmod resources (woops!)
-Made mods compatible cross-platform
-Added support for building .dll files as mods
-Added Unload hook for Mod
-Revamped how minimap handles mod tiles and walls to cut down minimap's RAM usage
-Fixed bug that made .twld files larger than they had to be
-Made some private Projectile fields public
-Fixed bug where Jungle Temple door cannot be unlocked
-Fixed bug with sign GUI
-Fixed bug where cloud saves are not separate from vanilla cloud saves
-Added mod browser - an easy way to upload / download mods
-Basic buff support
-Added support for platform-like tiles
-Fixed bug where miscellaneous custom sounds don't work
-Improved saving for mannequins and item frames with modded items
-Gave ModDusts their own types
-Added hooks for vanity effects for armor sets
-Linux support
-Made a fancy installer
-Partial music support
-Added "Open Mods Folder" button to Mods menu
-Added support for animating vanilla tiles

Oh, my, god, it's finally released! Hah, take that, school! I'm still able to scrap together some free time!

The first thing I want to say is, I fully expect Murphy's Law to apply to this update. I expect everything to go wrong, crash, and burn. So, let me know when you run into any problems.

With that out of the way, this update mostly focuses on internal improvements. It's compatible with Mac and Linux now, performance was improved a lot, and many bugs were fixed. Many miscellaneous features were also added here and there. The update notes should have everything. I feel like this is a major turning point for tModLoader (even if this update ends up with a rough start). I estimate tModLoader is about half complete now.

Do note that this update will require changes to several parts of your mod code. Specifically, the dust and map tile systems have been redone.

Anyways, the next update will focus on the ModPlayer class. Once the next update is complete, all the features that most people would want to use, excluding world-related hooks, will be complete. However, the next update will also take a really long time, due to three reasons:
  1. School, obviously.
  2. Drawing-related hooks for players. tAPI did this through a PlayerLayer system; however, this involved extensive changes to the source code, which I wanted to avoid. I still haven't thought of a good alternative yet :/
  3. The ExampleMod. With the next update, I really want to add very cool stuff to the ExampleMod, so I might end up getting carried away :p
I was going to say something more, but I forgot what...
Awesome, nice work. I guess we're all lucky you're good with time management!

Back
Top Bottom