NPCs & Enemies spider boss

Theres this cool spider biome but no boss for it, it should have some creepy giant spider to fight with drops like poison items and such. It would jump around and leave little patches of web to run in to. It would just give the spider caves a little more spice. this boss would be fought after the Eye or Cthulhu and eater of worlds. In the biome you would find a large patch of spider brick and break into it (like the bee queen only grey) made of web bricks and break a spider egg or egg sack etc whatever witch would summon the spider boss

STATS -
Life: 5200
Damage: landing on you 20
bite 40
poison spit 30 (can inflict poisoned debuff)
Defense: 15
Drops: web rod, consumes and places thick web (the web bricks)
gold coins, 10
web blaster, (gun) uses web as ammo, hardmode version- spinneret
fang knife
30 web

Last edited:
Theirs this cool spider biome but no boss for it, it should have some creepy giant spider to fight with drops like fangs for spider armor and poison items and such. It would jump around and leave little patches of web to run in to. It would just give the spider caves a little more spice

This suggestion is a little more original (and don't get me wrong, I like it), but could you tell everyone it's attack patterns (including damage), how to summon the boss.

I recommend making this a pre hardmode boss (but, it is your suggestion so I will let you decide).

This suggestion is a little more original (and don't get me wrong, I like it), but could you tell everyone it's attack patterns (including damage), how to summon the boss.

I recommend making this a pre hardmode boss (but, it is your suggestion so I will let you decide).
I agree. Pre hardmode boss, but late in game. It could act like the regular black recluse AI. It could also have a really cool spider fang knives drop, and a spider summoner staff.

Last edited:
I love reading posts like this. Anyway I said before about spider fang knives, and they could act like vampire knives, (yes infinte ammo) except they throw out only 2-3 knives, and inflict the posioned debuff. It would be a melee weapon

i like the pre hardmode boss idea but idk about patterns and damage, any suggestions? i think it should jump a lot and maybe leave a little bit of web when it jumps to make it extra annoying (probably not what people want in a game but who cares, its cool and it fits)

I think it should do about 20 damage, with like 3000 life, making it high damage but low durability. Like a real spider. It should probably be placed after eater of worlds but before wall of flesh. It can kind of mirror the queen bee boss. I like the idea that it occasionally shoots out cobwebs. It should be a clump of cobwebs about 5-10 about every 5 seconds. And inflicts the poisoned debuff when it bites you.

Do you think it will be able to go through blocks? Like skeleton can fly through blocks, but golem can't. Also how do you summon the boss?

I'd say if you wanted to have a Spider boss that doesn't move through blocks, you'd need to have a dedicated special Spider cave for it that was designed for combat. You'd also need to account for people trying to cheese it by hiding around corners and stuff.

Thus why the majority of Terraria bosses DO move through blocks, and the handful that don't are quite often very exploited (and one of them even does come with a dedicated arena).

t
I'd say if you wanted to have a Spider boss that doesn't move through blocks, you'd need to have a dedicated special Spider cave for it that was designed for combat. You'd also need to account for people trying to cheese it by hiding around corners and stuff.

Thus why the majority of Terraria bosses DO move through blocks, and the handful that don't are quite often very exploited (and one of them even does come with a dedicated arena).
true... yeak ok it moves through blocks. i dont think theres any need for a dedicated area. i think it should be about the size of the bee queen

that makes sense. The spider biome would definetly have to become way bigger.
[doublepost=1462988719,1462988599][/doublepost]
t

true... yeak ok it moves through blocks. i dont think theres any need for a dedicated area. i think it should be about the size of the bee queen
Maybe you could still have the spider caves and in the middle you could have a huge spider nest that looks like a huge web, and that is where the spider boss is spawned at. Like the queen bee

well i usually find them in decent sizes, and size wouldnt be that big of a problem if it can move through walls, if you can beat plantera in those tiny jungle cave this shouldnt be a problem.
[doublepost=1462988850,1462988820][/doublepost]Maybe you could still have the spider caves and in the middle you could have a huge spider nest that looks like a huge web, and that is where the spider boss is spawned at. Like the queen bee[/QUOTE]
good idea

Or maybe it can shoot you with webs and if they hit you you are caught in the web and stopped for like half a second. Idk but this is exciting.

why is it so exiting? I like the idea of new bosses and i think there should be a bit more thrown here and there i dont know why someone didnt think of this sooner, some of the biomes need a bit more to them

Back
Top Bottom