Alternatum
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• That moment when you think you've found a good/decent budget deck for MTG only to find a key card has spiked in price. The salt is real :p
    Reactions: Jill
    Alternatum
    Alternatum
    Whenever I see stuff that's out my budget, I try to see if there are any decent & cheap alternatives. For example, a card called Thoughtsieze is a staple in many decks that use black mana in Magic. However, the card is $20 a pop, and you'll want 4 of them. As such, I would replace them with Despise and Duress, each is worth pennies and can be switched into the sideboard for the other depending on the matchup. (cont)
    Alternatum
    Alternatum
    Sure, they're not as versatile as the $20 card, but it gets the job done.
    Jill
    Jill
    Despise and Duress? Sounds more like the ingredients for a new novel in the godawful Fifty Shadess of Grey series than a MTG deck!
    Reactions: Jill
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Only appropiate if you fail all exams, tho, knowing how that scene ends...
    Alternatum
    Alternatum
    Very true unfortunately, but still, finally free :p
    Jill
    Jill
    Congrats, matey!

Unfortunately for me the sufferings are yet even to begin - but they will, soon. But hey, that's none of your concern. As for you, I'm sure you did a great job and I'll be hoping you get those results you're deserving of.

That is, if you ain't wasted too much time on sweaty Yugioh with me and the rest! ;P
    Two exams this week then that's 3 out of 4 years of uni over with. Slightly dreading the day when I'm finished with university...
    Two days after finishing coursework. It feels good to waste my free time with tons of games and anime :p
    AI coursework done! Only have 2 more bits of coursework and exams to complete then I'm free! Yay...oh wait.
    At that time in the university year where it's all just a bunch of report writing. So very...VERY...dull ;_;
    Beginning of week 9 out of 11 in this uni trimester and I have most pieces of coursework nearly done. Erm...this can't be right...can it?
    Okay...may have grossly overestimated how busy I was going to be...umm hi guys I'm back? :p
    LoveSpreader
    LoveSpreader
    Welcome back! Even though I've never laid my eyes on you. :dryadindifferent:
    Alternatum
    Alternatum
    Yeah...I mostly lurk honestly apart from my status and some off topic stuff/ discussion groups now and then. Might try to change that, but uni will always throw a spanner in the works whenever I try XD
    Most likely going to be busy for the next few weeks. Will likely not post or update a lot for a while (not that I do it a lot anyway :p )
    Decided to try out some games on my steam library that I hadn't played before. My goodness, Mirror's Edge is a REALLY fun game!
    K
    Krasunir
    you've gotta be kidding me, you're only NOW playing mirror's edge?!
    Alternatum
    Alternatum
    Yep! :p
    So what exactly is metal monday?
    Alternatum
    Alternatum
    An attempt at posting metal music on my profile every Monday which failed because I was always busy on Mondays, so now I've just switched it to Thursday cause I'm free then :p
    TheBlueness
    TheBlueness
    Hmm. Seems sort of interesting
    I'm feeling the overwhelming urge to get into Warhammer 40k, but the prices...uuuggghhhh it looks so good though ;_;
    Have triple A games become more lackluster recently? A lot of them seem a bit bland to me. Could just be my changing tastes I guess :p
    Alternatum
    Alternatum
    Yeah, completely agree on the advertising part. I remember that Square Enix poured so much marketing money into the Tomb Raider reboot that they needed to sell around 4 Million copies to even be considered a success. If a game can sell millions and still fail, something has REALLY gone wrong in terms of finances…
    Alternatum
    Alternatum
    Also I agree on it being harder to create an original game now, but there are ways of going about it which can either lead to it feeling fresh and interesting or just feel like a carbon copy. Sure, take inspiration from other games, but you don't become market leaders just by blindly following. You have to do something that makes you stand out…
    Alternatum
    Alternatum
    In my opinion, a lot of big developers today are just being incredibly short-sighted and developing games based off current trends and interests of the general gaming public. They’re so focused on making that quick buck that some features just come off as soulless or tacked on to tick a checkbox. Could just be nonsense I’m spouting, but it’s what I think anyway :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom