Recent content by Deceitful Echo

1. Deceitful Echo

Official Terraria's 8th Anniversary - Share your story

I got into the game in Highschool and eventually got into the mod scene. It gave me my first taste of programming as I tried going beyond tConfig and into the realm of decompiling and source code modding. I ended up going to college for Computer Science and graduating with a BS, and now am...
  2. Deceitful Echo

Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Is their any mention on the status of multiplayer for this mod?
  3. Deceitful Echo

You have to redo some of the generation code as it uses hard coded values for the size of the world.

You have to redo some of the generation code as it uses hard coded values for the size of the world.
  4. Deceitful Echo

Standalone Is anyone interested in standalone mod tutorials?

You cant play terraria with snippets of code. You need every file, every line of code for it to work. Its not a problem and sourcecode mods have been around for terraria for a long time. I couldnt go post the source code up on paste bin or anything, but I can give out an executable that installs...
  5. Deceitful Echo

If you read the rules of the modding section of this OFFICIAL forum, it says it is illegal to SELL the mods, and to pass out the source code. It is not illegal (or even discouraged) to modify the source code
  6. Deceitful Echo

Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Wiring is one of my favorite things in any sandbox game. Whether it be Garry's Mod, Terraria, Starbound or other games, it is the apex of creativity and complexity. That being said, I feel that the current method of wiring is a bit clumsy and makes complicated machinery hard or impossible. A...
  7. Deceitful Echo

There didnt seem to be much interest, so unless I become less busy, Im not really going to prioritize making tutorials. If you need help however feel free to message me.
  8. Deceitful Echo

Standalone Terraria Industrial Revolution

Finals are over! Back to work I go :D
  9. Deceitful Echo

Biomes & Nature Wide worlds

It required some heavy modding, as in, the world sizes ARE hard coded in, and to make them any larger and not destroy your RAM, we had to move single player to a dedicated server. So overall, its possible, but it requires some extensive changes.
  10. Deceitful Echo

Yep! TC (posts as the username Terraria Industrial Revolution I think), Joel and I all work together. This is TC's mod, I used to post a lot to his forum on the old terraria forums, and eventually got him to let me help haha. Joel is the spriter and also helps come up with game design for TIR.
  11. Deceitful Echo

We have briefly talked about the idea for completely generic game with just the larger worlds, so it may be an option in TIR, but if you choose vanilla Terraria it literally just boots up the original non TIR terraria.exe.
  12. Deceitful Echo

When I have time, this past month has been really busy. Finals are next week so after that I should have time to start doing things n stuff again. :D Yes it does, you can find this on the interwebz, or decompile it yourself and fix the resulting errors.
  13. Deceitful Echo

tAPI is undoubtedly easier, however it is very restricted on the things you can change. For sourcecode modding you have to understand Object Oriented Programming enough to learn the syntax and random nuances of C#, .Net, and XNA as well and understand established code. You could get by passably...
  14. Deceitful Echo

Standalone Offering help to anyone who needs help with non tAPI modding (modding the sourcecode)

deobfuscated code? Terraria has gone through no obfuscation... are you trying to say decompiled code? There are parts of the code that tend to come out somewhat obfuscted as a result of the decompiler, so using multiple decompilers on different sections that have many errors or messy code may be...
Back
Top Bottom