Recent content by dustyfox

1. dustyfox

How to make NPC stay at the top of the house?

Hi BlueJay_TGaming! If this design works from the top as well as from bottom I think its awesome! :D Thanks for sharing ^^ I already build my base based on Sergos suggestion though... But your build is really nice also! Gonna keep it in mind for future reference ;)
  2. dustyfox

Ah thats a good looking single house :) And I would share my builds if I actually had anything I could call my own and something that would actually look nice xD I tend to copy/modify lot of builds I see online. And also im not very artistic so my builds rather boring. There are so many talented...
  3. dustyfox

PC How NPC housing (at NPC rest position) validation does work (an unrevealed game change in 1.3.5)

Okey this actually explains a lot! Thank you for this post. I wish there was a link to here from the official wiki pages... They seem to be a bit lacking in npc housing aspect.. :)
  4. dustyfox

Thank you for the insight Unftf, and for link for more informative post! Its surprisingly hard to build very small valid houses. I still think there must be some unidentified black magic working in the background... That would explain why some houses just don't work no matter how valid they look :'D
  5. dustyfox

Woah! Thank you so much!! :D This was exaclty what I was looking for 8)
  6. dustyfox

Okey i feel kind of stupid, but I cant figure this out :D How do I make a minimal (but still valid) house so that the npc is at the top during the night like the red stick figure? I realize now that the table needs one solid block under it... but the house on the right will not work unless I...
  7. dustyfox

Question [Question] Help with userfrendly adjustable timer!

Woah that quite a build! :eek: And you even had proper display for the counters! Real nice stuff @SovereignVis ;) Alright, so here is the final product :cool: - The timer can be set for over 5h (12 bits) - Accuracy can be adjusted to 1, 3 or 5 seconds - setting happens by repeatedly pressing...
  8. dustyfox

Ah that's so easy and clever way of making one way connection! :D thanks a bunch! And that was a really great tip with flipping the accumulator mode with the switch! Now the timer has exactly same inputs as the ideal timer I was trying to build!! When you first posted the picture I didn't...
  9. dustyfox

Thank you so much for the improvement tips! I made a second version, and now with that accumulator-mode-flipping-switch, setting the timer is actually really user friendly! I was actually kind of frustrated with how difficult the first version was to set.. But hey, it worked somehow anyway, so I...
  10. dustyfox

Hey guys thank you a lot for help! Here is the first version my timer :D Its pretty much exactly what @Programmatic suggested and made with help of his tutorial thread :) I really think its magical how the edge detectors suddenly learn to count in binary :D No matter how hard I try to...
  11. dustyfox

PC Simplifying the full adder module...

This is great, thank you! :D I bet it will help many ppl here ^^ Making electronics is surprisingly hard... :D But I'm getting there slowly ;)
  12. dustyfox

Yeah I had some really weird lags after the update also... Thankfully mine went away after I signed out and logged in couple of times... So weird :D
  13. dustyfox

I'm just starting with gates and logic and seeing nice compact examples of essential components is really helpful. Thanks a lot! I wish there were more of these, somehow logically organized, so that I could just grab some and build some interesting systems 8)
  14. dustyfox

Hi SovereignVis, thanks for your comment! I actually considered chaining timers, but decided agents it because the timer would then be hard to adjust and because I think learning to play with logic gates would be totally awesome! I mean if I could master this mysterious art then I could...
  15. dustyfox

Hey @Programmatic, thanks for the reply and link to tutorial!! I'll definitely check it out. The explanation also helps a lot, as I now have correct terms for the logic constructs I need to build this thing 8) And I think the toggling between additive and subtractive mode sound's pretty...
Back
Top Bottom