Recent content by Freedbot

1. Freedbot

Game Mechanics The Skyblock Seed. Mapmaker's Thoughts.

So, I'd actually been threatening to force myself to learn enough to make a mod, and I promised I'd make a skyblock mod. If I wait for the update to come out, then it would be too late so.... Here's a steam collection of mods featuring my brand new (still probably buggy) skyblock mod. This is...
  2. Freedbot

No, he just doesn't spawn until you've killed EoC/BoC, which aren't available in many skyblocks. Unrescued NPCs are like mobs, they despawning on a timer.
  3. Freedbot

Oh... Crap, I just realized there's something I should mention. @Redigit🌳 , There's a bug that doesn't impact normal gameplay but breaks skyblock runs. If a town NPC falls out of the map, sometimes it isn't killed off and then it's just permanently gone. They don't teleport back at night...
  4. Freedbot

pretty nifty. Pre-built hippie elf housing.

pretty nifty. Pre-built hippie elf housing.
  5. Freedbot

So, you can see this for yourself, load up one of the skyblock mods and generate a world. It's...

So, you can see this for yourself, load up one of the skyblock mods and generate a world. It's basically instant. They actually have to code in waits just so you can see a bit of the text and progress bar before it's gone.
  6. Freedbot

Crawdad105 has just put out a very concise and well informed (no, I was not involved in any way) video on skyblock minimalism. Though it's a bit lacking on the how and why, explaining that on any proper level would turn a 10 minute video into a 2 hour video. I haven't yet watch it myself, but I...
  7. Freedbot

Fair enough

Fair enough
  8. Freedbot

Maybe the bad luck aspect is involved with spawning trap slimes? Who knows. It's a very mysterious mechanic, and slimes hold many secrets... literally. You describe it as if the water collector has to require an iron bucket to craft and as if there'd be no way to get stone for a furnace to...
  9. Freedbot

No surprise, but folks are hitting me up with seed ideas directly in discord instead of the thread. Unique ideas from napstablook22 and @MyJorts : Drunk: either include 1 island of each corruption/crimson, or make the start island half corruption and half crimson. Not The Bees: a hive island...
  10. Freedbot

Items Red wants Inventory Management?

The only thing I can think of for actual inventory management is the modded minecraft method... pipes. There's pumps in the game, what about an item pump that does the same as "quick stack to nearby chests", but extracts from the storage they're attached to... like a connected void vault...
  11. Freedbot

Game Mechanics Addition to Stress ball

An auto-swinging mannequin? I don't think it would happen, but that's a really cool and innovative idea. It would be extremely practical. That gives me ideas. Imagine if it could be used in combination with conveyer belts to automatically pick up items and put them in chests.
  12. Freedbot

I've avoided talking about seed combinations for skyblock. Who wants to chime in for what they would want to see? Personally, I think the basic seed should start like the picture Red showed. Plenty of cloud, dirt, trees, water. I suspect there's other islands with biomes which I'm fine with...
  13. Freedbot

@Redigit🌳 , Thank you again for giving Skyblock such a serious look. Admittedly, I started with 0 faith. I only suggested some basic and easily coded solutions to facilitate skyblock without asking for the seed itself, but you've gone above and beyond with some nifty and appropriately brutal...
  14. Freedbot

@Russ Guss Doodles Ah, I have been a fool and forgotten that change. Thank you.

@Russ Guss Doodles Ah, I have been a fool and forgotten that change. Thank you.
  15. Freedbot

Good to hear about the seed combos. Thank you for putting in this care for the masochistic...

Good to hear about the seed combos. Thank you for putting in this care for the masochistic skyblock community. Yep, spawning on a small ash island in hell is a valid start. I had been a bit worried that some of the recipes/drops would have to invalidate the experience for more hardcore...
Back
Top Bottom