Recent content by Garish Gnome

1. G

What would happen if the minecraft "seed" system was added in this game

Why do you have seed in quotation marks? Minecraft came up with neither the term nor the concept behind it. Also, Terraria already uses seeds to generate worlds, you just don't get to input them yourself. To allow increased world customization you would want something like sliders/values to...
  2. G

PC News Flash!

I think they lack the huge amount of hubris and stupidity for that. You didn't get the reference.
  3. G

Terraria VS Terraria: Overworld

So... Recode the game? Doable in a few months. Smooth out progression? Impossible. ...Uhhh, okay then.
  4. G

Truffle, surface mushroom biome depth

As far as the game is concerned, 0 depth is surface regardless of how much dirt is above that point.
  5. G

Skeletron's arm

Why would they be offended by being properly portrayed in a game? I don't understand.
  6. G

Skeletron's arm

Well, that's because you're comparing him to a human. Every giant floating skull with arms that I've seen in real life has the structure of Skeletron, so I can verify that it's anatomically accurate.
  7. G

No, there are no questions that "need" to be answered, and no one is obligated to give those answers to you either. They can tell, or not, how much or little story they wish. I've seen absurdly more stories ruined by stupid questions being answered that fans just MUST have answered than have...
  8. G

Though I could be wrong, it looks like you're implying that any game that gets finished is being "abandoned" if people want more. If a game is completed, stable, has an adequate end, and has accomplished all the developers have promised, the developers are not and should not be obligated to...
  9. G

Flying fortresses, building advice needed

Inside a giant flying monster. Flesh blocks would be an easy choice for the inside. If non-flapping wings are an issue, make it some sort of blimp/floating creature or something.
  10. G

Why does your base SUCK?

I either do the huge barren castle with moats, towers, a dungeon (with proper torture devices available of course), and a vault to hold everything... or I make wooden boxes stacked on top of each other. Actually, who am I kidding... it's just wooden boxes anymore. If defensive fortifications...
  11. G

If Terraria had jobs, Wich one will you choose?

I was going to write something sarcastic like "carpenter" or "janitor", but the subject matter of this thread is already being that kind of smart :red:... I'm out of here.
  12. G

After 1.3.1 Rain Started Occurring A Bit Too Frequently

Welcome to RNG's; sometimes they aren't very convincingly random. Unfortunately, though, more sophisticated generators are more resources intensive and generally not worthwhile for games. I've had plenty of similar rain and daily event occurrences pre 1.3.1... and actually very little since...
  13. G

Is it possible to set markers?

Well, depending on why you're returning to the surface there are a few things... If it's for excessive loot, you can use a piggy bank or a safe (later in the game) as a mid-dungeon storage. The space a table and piggy bank takes up in your inventory is well worth it. If it's due to logging out...
  14. G

PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

I've never used statues for bait and once you get going it's usually not bad, but sometimes finding bait can be an extreme pain. I think infinite use bait (rubber worm) that's easily obtained early on would be very useful and difficult to abuse. Alternatively a fly rod with really low fishing...
  15. G

PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

It's not exactly difficult to put some lava in a hole or build a wall with a murder hole in it to abuse regular monsters as it is. Anything more than those just makes the traps more enjoyable to build/use/watch. Once your fishing power is high enough (through bait, gear, potions, and lake...
Back
Top Bottom