Recent content by LayerPlayer

1. LayerPlayer

Game Mechanics Smart Cursor platform building improvement

We all know the struggles of building bridges that help us in fighting bosses and traversing the world. Constantly swarming enemies are a nuisance in addition to this happening: When you move the cursor a bit, the character has placed down unintended stairs that need to be broken. To avoid...
  2. LayerPlayer

Weapons & Equip Nerf Fledgling Wings

There's been quite a lot of great discussion here. I added a poll regarding the item to the thread.
  3. LayerPlayer

I think the comparison between clunky mobility that's reliant on consumables and the mobility from Fledgling Wings + Rocket Boots is not a very good comparison. This is something I absolutely agree with, but I like that feel and think it's healthy for game progression. You have several...
  4. LayerPlayer

Being able to dash doesn't significantly impact the effectiveness of Fledgling Wings, Rocket Boots do. You can see how low base flight time Fledgling Wings indeed have, but the glide is nice. I think they're about up to par with Rocket Boots, especially with some extra mobility items. Not...
  5. LayerPlayer

I am not sure what makes you think they have low mobility. They provide a lot of control over movement, and the ability to glide is not something to be underestimated. And when combined with some basic accessories you get this: In my new world that I started playing with a friend, I have...
  6. LayerPlayer

Fledgling Wings are now available in Skyware Chests on Floating Islands, and I think they should be nerfed or made available later in game progression. Getting wings before any Pre-Hardmode boss breaks the game flow pretty badly in my opinion. Fledgling Wings have low flight time, but offer...
  7. LayerPlayer

Rounding Out the Journey: Terraria 1.4.1 is Here!

In addition to all these amazing changes, it's interesting to see some enemy rebalancing. Jungle Creepers got massive buffs which were deserved but scary, as if the Hardmode Underground Jungle wasn't deadly enough already... Then we have the Fungi Bulb. Not the giant obnoxious abomination...
  8. LayerPlayer

Game Mechanics I think that the new luck stat mechanic is flawed

I wasn't aware of luck affecting damage rolls as well. That makes the situation even worse... I assume that there's a typo in that wiki table. I noticed as well that the Wizard doesn't have an option to tell your luck. That might be a game bug.
  9. LayerPlayer

Game Mechanics I think that the new luck stat mechanic is flawed

So 1.4 introduced a hidden luck stat mechanic that primarily affects enemy drops and spawns. Grinding for enemy drops is an important part of the game so I think it's somewhat mean to have a hidden system that affects said chances. The player's luck stat is affected by a few different things...
  10. LayerPlayer

tModLoader Lucky Block Mod

So this quirky little mod has reached over 18000 downloads. Thanks to everyone who has tried it out! I am going to eventually update the mod with all the cool 1.4 stuff. I'd like to hear if you have any ideas for potential fixes, balance changes or new crazy events!
  11. LayerPlayer

tModLoader Lucky Block Mod

The Lucky Block Mod is based on a popular Minecraft mod and phenomenon and adds lucky blocks that are randomly scattered around newly generated worlds. You can also craft lucky blocks from dart traps and gold/platinum bars. Every lucky block contains a surprise when broken, ranging from useful...
Back
Top Bottom