Recent content by Maru

1. Maru

Resolved Terraria crashing out due to xaudio2_6.dll on Windows 10

Zeff, it probably does not matter which language your IME is used for given the way IME works. The easiest way to disable it without having to disable/re-enable every time you play Terraria is to create a new Windows user without any IME support at all. I've tried changing writing modes and it...
  2. Maru

Cpu or gpu?

I was wondering if Terraria may not have been multi-threaded. The CPU usage/profile is fairly moderate for a game to lag like this. The %'s I quoted are actually higher than it be during normal gameplay, but it was a safer estimate. I will try multi-core lighting, but I seem to remember that was...
  3. Maru

Cpu or gpu?

YMMV on what OS you are running as well. On Win10, I'm using a fairly dated graphics card and I do get lag with Terraria occasionally especially when teleporting from surface->dungeon, back and forth. Alt + Entering back and forth inbetween Windowed and fullscreen and back for some reason...
  4. Maru

PC Random Computer Crashes Caused by Terraria!

quxzcover, your crashing is odd and sounds system related. Your first step should be to check EventViewer in Windows anytime you suspect it is system related. I attached a screenshot as an example. In my case, it was Xaudio2_6.dll causing the problem (Faulting module path). EV is under...
  5. Maru

Resolved Terraria Crashing Every 10 - 15 mins

Are you using Japanese IME by any chance? We were able to solve it the xaudio2_6.dll error by disabling Japanese input while in-game. I play in a separate user with all those settings off for that reason...
  6. Maru

Resolved Terraria Crashing Every 10 - 15 mins

Dorakou, try checking Windows Event Viewer for a crash log... tell us what file may be causing the crash. In my case, it was xaudio2_6.dll. Should look something like this: It is under Windows Logs > Application.... just look around the time of the crash(es)
  7. Maru

Sorry for the delay. I had taken a short break from Terraria to play another game and then this month I had a family member move in post-surgery so I could care take. This is the first time in a long while I've had enough time to play the game long enough to be "test-worthy" anyway. I tried...
  8. Maru

Mac Terraria will not start

Did you guys verify the integrity of the files after you installed? I am 1.3.0.8 on Windows and had startup issues and verifying the game files solved it for me. I know you guys tried reinstall, but both times when I played installed Terraria for the first time on and when I played on a new...
  9. Maru

PC I deleted my terraria folder located in the my games folder and cant get it back

I'm a little unclear as to what the actual problem is. Are you expecting that your old saves will restore themselves after a reinstall? Or are you just worried the folder is not there? Wouldn't starting a new world/char technically force the My Games folder to be recreated? Is your issue about...
  10. Maru

Updated main thread with what we have tried so far.
  11. Maru

This is interesting. I've played about 4-5 big sessions (2hr+) on the fresh/100% English user and I have had no issues whatsoever. :):):) I've given it a few days and I've had no problems. None. I tried with a new player/world, but then I copied over the save/world I was playing on and no...
  12. Maru

PC Latest Terraria version lags a lot on Windows 10.

We need people to use the new OS in order to test out games so that they will get proper updates. Most of us with 7/8.1 have a year to claim the free update, so a good portion will want to upgrade eventually. I personally have not had any issues with Windows 10 outside of Terraria. There is a...
  13. Maru

I've noticed that too. It seems to last the longest after the first boot of Terraria after any reboot. I almost never restart my machine unless there is a major update or for hardware changes. I usually put it to sleep. Lately I've had to open my comp a few times. I had a backup HDD go bad, I...
  14. Maru

I am running 1.3.0.8 (the latest up to date version on Steam) and have been throughout testing. I tried disabling other outputs (as you can see in the picture above with the "down arrow") and still produced the same problem. The only inputs I have not tried disabling is "Digital Audio" and...
  15. Maru

Wow, it's certainly worth a try to rule it out. I also came from Windows 8.1 but didn't see a need for a clean install as everything is running fine Are you using the Japanese retail version with an English language pack over top? Just curious. I'm on the English retail, but I have mostly...
Back
Top Bottom