Recent content by SsIras

1. SsIras

In-depth Hardmode weapon tier list

Absolutely, I only bring its pre-nerf status because it was nightmarish strong early game, you could bring WoF down without a bridge or touching lava reasonably easily with Spinal Tap. Summoner still takes a bit longer in most cases to defeat bosses but it's definitely a viable class nowadays.
  2. SsIras

The only summoner item that is hard to obtain is the Slime Staff. I could make an argument that there is a meta item for every other class that is way harder to obtain at each stage of the game. Offensive builds work much better for most bosses than defensive bosses, especially bosses that like...
  3. SsIras

Aim speed makes Magnet Sphere a lot more valuable and unique among magic weapons, Rainbow is more of an upgrade to static magic weapons like the Nimbus Rod where you have to strategically aim it, Magnet is something you can deploy without as much thought which works well with other homing weapons.
  4. SsIras

Venus Magnum is a fun weapon, it has much highter potential DPS than the Megashark, but without autofire is virtually impossible to get that and firing as quickly as possible with it is quite a challenge for your fingers.
  5. SsIras

Explosive trap is still too hard to use reliably, but I think most sentries only really shine during OOA. It's usable, but not good.
  6. SsIras

Didn't mention Cursed Flames because they were suggesting the Golden Shower + Sky Fracture combo. Though to be fair all you need to get both is a graveyard and a bit of time. Anyway, I wouldn't underestimate te ranger of Crystal Storm, it's more that enough to damage any boss at a safe...
  7. SsIras

Not nearly as good as Crystal Storm, hard to aim and usually lower DPS. It is well placed in my opinion, as you can still kill bosses with it effictively, but it's nowhere near as a top tier weapon.
  8. SsIras

I think biggest changes are: True Night Edge and True Excalibur: were overrated on Bacon's list, they're A now. Brand of Inferno: D -> C, not really big changes Flying Dragon: B -> S, to make doing that whole event worth it Sky Dragon's Fury: B -> A Betsy Wrath: no change at all, people were...
  9. SsIras

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

People forget you can literally get both of them in the same world now. This is not a talk about what's better, both are OP, people need to stop trying to buff overpowered items because "their counterparts are better". This happen to Scourge of Corruption and the Cursed Inferno debuff. I'm not...
  10. SsIras

Hardmode Armor Tier List

Sorry, I don't really understand what you're showing? You're trying to say Dart Rifle is a good combo with huntress armor? Again sorry if I'm getting this wrong.
  11. SsIras

Hardmode Armor Tier List

Low stats, oiled debuff is hard to proc, it is good for OOA, the other events allow you to use traps which are far more effective for clearing up weaker minions while you focus the bosses. Ranged Adamantite give +43% average ranged damage, Huntress gives only 32%, and Huntress is around...
  12. SsIras

Hardmode Armor Tier List

Make no mistake, player judgement is not without fault, though looking at the state of the game now it is VERY clear that a lot of weapons who were previously under/overpowered are now more balanced. Sure, some power scaling did happen that made a few bosses a lot easier, but think about some of...
  13. SsIras

For reference, updated hardmode armor sheet
  14. SsIras

Hardmode Armor Tier List

Mobile version still at 1.4.0.5 so... Also, should we add Obsidian armor while its reing lasts? I know this is supposed to be hardmode sets only, but for an armor that can be used up to Golem I think it deserves a spot. A lot of these were collaborative, multiple people suggested some of these...
  15. SsIras

Good points, but I guess not really related to balance A lot of things here are not, for some reason, it's fine, just be aware of that.
Back
Top Bottom