Recent content by [T-MEC] crawlr

1. [T-MEC] crawlr

Pretty small inverter using xor, but you all probably knew that.

A lot of us started by trying to carry over traditional circuit diagrams into the game. This approach works better in minecraft imo, but with the pulse based system terraria uses it's often better/more efficient to throw traditional combinational designs out the window. I made a tutorial on...
  2. [T-MEC] crawlr

[Challenge] Rube Goldberg Machines

"Terrarians Make Eccentric Contraptions" is the best backronym for T-MEC ever lmaoo
  3. [T-MEC] crawlr

Oh, So That's How Hoiks Work

I wouldn't call hoiking a glitch. The tile engine needed to support sloped tiles. Showing a sloped sprite is one thing, changing the game to do proper collision detection with rotation and no longer limiting it to AABBs would be a lot of work. So the devs made the simple choice: allow players to...
  4. [T-MEC] crawlr

Someone found a new glitch?

I just checked the Chippy video. I'm sad he didn't show the multiplayer version since its a lot stronger. @ZeroGravitas idk if you tried it, but when you do it in multiplayer the block data fails to load as you mentioned, and the map is updated to reflect a giant open area, as if the area had...
  5. [T-MEC] crawlr

Idea for a hoik farm

Not if the lava is a thin enough layer.
  6. [T-MEC] crawlr

Idea for a hoik farm

that's one of the most basic and most popular uses of hoiks. Check the original hoiktronics videos by ZeroGravitas to see tons of examples using natural mobs and statue spawns.
  7. [T-MEC] crawlr

PC [Project] Mechmod - A T-MEC community mod

I do software development for a living and I am in-between jobs atm. I normally work on js/golang/c++ applications and it's been a long time since I messed with anything .NET, and I've never dealt with XNA before. But syntax is syntax and a framework is just a framework so it's not too tricky...
  8. [T-MEC] crawlr

Duke Fishron Challenge

@DicemanX 's teleporter setup works fine and is well known. I have a simpler one I use on my playthrews: https://imgur.com/a/9QfVw2m I use a dummy ghost in a hoik loop with two pressure plates for the timing mechanism (this is the only slightly complex part). The idea is that you bounce...
  9. [T-MEC] crawlr

Someone found a new glitch?

So this post isn't exactly about a wiring setup... But since this community is very knowledgeable and tends to enjoy glitches I thought it warranted a post (mods let me know if I'm wrong). Someone on reddit found a new glitch, similar to hoiks, but where the camera pans without actually moving...
  10. [T-MEC] crawlr

I just started messing around with tModLoader the other day and used to use Mechmod a lot. I'm really just curious as to how certain things were done. Just getting my feet wet with all the modding. Thank you for the diff, that's perfect :)
  11. [T-MEC] crawlr

Where can I find the source code for Mechmod?
  12. [T-MEC] crawlr

One Way Trap Floor?

Just use one way walls with a small box: https://i.imgur.com/ICqCUct.png You can use spear traps for the top row of the box to speed up the death. Simple and effective imo.
  13. [T-MEC] crawlr

PC help with finding a lag friendly engine

SovereignVis actually speaks in purple in real life too. When they speak the hue of the room changes. It's amazing. You learn to love it.
  14. [T-MEC] crawlr

Showcase [Showcase] Reprogrammable rotary lock

I like the padlock design to the input a lot! The wiring for the door lock itself is nice and straightforward... I may need to use this in one of my builds. Nice!
  15. [T-MEC] crawlr

PC help with finding a lag friendly engine

Well then you have another alternative. You could have a dummy hoik down a track with 7 pressure plates spaced out by a block or two. When the dummy reaches the end of the track he will just teleport back to the start without repeating or looping. Each pressure plate should be hooked up to a 1...
Back
Top Bottom