• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Recent content by trigger_segfault

1. trigger_segfault

Tool Terra Launcher - A hub Terraria games/servers/tools with save folder modification

This isn't an official launcher (if that's what you meant by "the"), but it is a Terraria launcher. :) It handles passing in some game command-line arguments (like save-folder location), and makes it easier to manage multiple game versions at once (like Vanilla and tModLoader). This does not...
  2. trigger_segfault

Tool Terraria Item Modifier - A patch for advanced item customization.

I'm sorry, I didn't even realize there were no checks for the Terraria version on patch being to see if its supported. Nor is it mentioned anywhere on the main page... oh jeez... :merchanteek: Currently it only checks game versions when restoring a backup... which is actually causing the crash...
  3. trigger_segfault

Tool TConvert - Extract content files and convert them back

For the fonts, there's no way to convert them back in TConvert, at least not yet. :dryadcool: I'll peek at the DynamicSpriteFont reader to see if Terraria's code has an existing way to build them. Otherwise creating a way to build them myself may not be too hard. I can't guarantee anything...
  4. trigger_segfault

Tool Quick Wave Bank - An easy, no-hassle Wave Bank creator

I've heard this issue mentioned a couple of times now, but I'm having trouble reproducing it. Could you give more explicit details on what's happening? By loop, do you mean loop points, where the song plays the full track then loops by skipping some specified amount of its intro from then on...
  5. trigger_segfault

Tool Rupee Replacer - Change coins into rupees (Vanilla & tModLoader)

God, I hope so. <3 This is still my favorite of the tools I've made. A lot of these tools were written back when I played Terraria religiously, so it was easy to figure out what needed changing and where. This also doubled as a way to test them extensively before being ready to release them...
  6. trigger_segfault

Tool Localization Packer - Unpack and repack Terraria translation files

I think I may have a guess at what's going. First, the .NET framework shouldn't ever be an issue, if you're able to play Terraria (on Windows), then the program should be able to function. But previously when the patchers failed (at least this one). They would leave the Terraria.exe program...
  7. trigger_segfault

Tool Localization Packer - Unpack and repack Terraria translation files

Found the cause, and confirmed the solution. Hotfix should be submitted sometime tomorrow ...err-today in 12+ hours. I still need to ensure backwards compatibility with 1.3.5, and handle one other minor issue. (aka, Localization Packer isn't restoring the Terraria.exe.bak after a failed...
  8. trigger_segfault

Tool Terraria Midi Player - Play songs through Terrarian instruments

Some unfortunate news for Terraria Midi Player. I've found the source of the issue being reported with occasional off-sounding note pitch during playback. In short... Half of all playable notes have been snapped from existence. :dryadcry: (however the range is still 2 octaves) More...
  9. trigger_segfault

This means the wavebank creation has failed somehow, but QuickWaveBank is still not great at reporting this. I'm writing up a quick program to display/dump information on a created wavebank file, which can then be used to troubleshoot the issue (like for submitting bug reports). 9/10 times...
  10. trigger_segfault

I believe going into Options > Advanced > Format, and lowering the Quality option from its default of 60 (present with xWma) should help with reducing file size... by how much, I'm not too sure. I'm haven't tested how noticeable the quality reduction is in-game yet. Switching to other format...
  11. trigger_segfault

Well it's been long overdue. But I've finally tackled (hopefully) most of the build errors resulting in invalid wave banks. And Terraria 1.4 track names are loaded and ready! All the work the community has put into getting the track list names has really helped with this latest release. You...
  12. trigger_segfault

Tool Terraria Item Modifier - A patch for advanced item customization.

A lot of Terraria's effects and abilities, and just around anything that isn't very consistent, has some level of hardcoding. Shooting star falling depends on if a falling star is a projectile, which can be found in the wiki projectile IDs list. Blood Moon beginning... isn't possible. Items that...
  13. trigger_segfault

I wouldn't be able to answer that question because the only interaction I've had with tModLoader, is writing a patch that supports it. This is likely an issue about the way tModLoader uses custom music, you should really bring this up as an issue with them in this case. Give me an example file...
  14. trigger_segfault

The other half is now I have to decide what to do about my reddit account, and other sites that...

The other half is now I have to decide what to do about my reddit account, and other sites that don't allow username changes. I've already recreated a few accounts because of this, but reddit will probably stay. I think I may end up keeping my "gamer tag" name for at least a few things that...
  15. trigger_segfault

Better late than never. I'm losing about half of the results on the first Google Page search...

Better late than never. I'm losing about half of the results on the first Google Page search alone to 404's thanks to sites that have the bright idea of relying on usernames for URLs. Thankfully some sites like Steam allow you to separate profile url from username.
Top Bottom