Reepicheep's buildings

Reepicheep

The Destroyer
This is just a showcase of my Terrarian buildings so I have something to do while I wait for 1.3.6 or T:OW to come out. Feel free to comment (like I can stop you) and give advice.

My current base.
the base.png

A nice little cabin.
tree cabin.png

A nice snowy cabin.
snowy cabin.png

100% real story.
The birds.png

My old base.
Old base.png

A nice NPC house, my current base is based off of it, not the other way around.
NPC house.png

First three pictures are of the clock face itself, displaying off, 8, and 5. The last picture is of the control box, inside is a bunch of OR logic gates, logic gate lamps, junction boxes and wiring, which isn't displayed due to the fact that it would be very hard to tell what's going on.
clock I.png
clock II.png
clock III.png
clock IV.png

Clocknotquitepixel.gif

Also my avatar right now.

Made for the DD2 event, as you could most likely tell.
DD2 platform.png

I feel like a great builder until I stroll though the creation forums....

Last edited:
Just finished making a digital clock after like 3 or 4 hours of work and thinking. 100% functional, numbers 0-9 (though it goes 1-9 then 0), and I didn't even look at a guide on how to make one. Here's some pics!

First three pictures are of the clock face itself, displaying off, 8, and 5. The last picture is of the control box, inside is a bunch of OR logic gates, logic gate lamps, junction boxes and wiring, which isn't displayed due to the fact that it would be very hard to tell what's going on.
clock I.png
clock II.png
clock III.png
clock IV.png

Thanks!

The display is a kinda complicated system using 19 OR Logic Gates, each one connected to a segment (there's only 8 segments but I have to start over every now and then due to wires, you have to be very careful to not connect them). Then I set up Logic Gate Lamps above them to switch them on, so when I switch number 8 on it activates 8 lamps, one for each segment. Then I just go on after that, adding OR gates, lamps, and Junction boxes to make sure each switch only activates the needed segments. You may notice at the top of the box that there's 4 Logic Gates and lamps, that's because I forgot to add 0 into my plan and had to add it at the last second. ~:confused:

Got back to building stuff after I stopped because I was sure 1.3.6 would come out soon and I'd be moving to a new world, but seeing as that's most likely not going to be until next year I just gave up waiting. So my last Dungeon Defenders platform was really just a long bridge over the desert (which I dug down a while ago to stop the spawns next to an NPC house), and I hated how it looked and destroyed it. So at that point I didn't have a place to fight the event, and built this as a replacement. A note about the background, it's actually a forest background in-game, but the waterfalls were ice colored and the water was forest color and I just couldn't deal with it, so I told it to take the picture as if it was in the ice biome.
DD2 platform.png
I'm not sure about those towers in the middle... I tried painting the articulated blocks or the walls to make it look better but nothing worked, so I left it alone. Interesting story though, the idea came from when I was brainstorming a better central railway platform, which looks vaguely similar (a rather short story....)

It's a rather simple wiring setup, though it actually takes 16 seconds (16 in-game minutes) to run, the gif is set to be faster.
(Lots of pictures! They're kinda big, so I set them in spoilers.)
So here's the object placement.
Capture 2017-10-19 21_31_14.png
The next four images are different wire colors on bright while the others are faded.
Capture 2017-10-19 21_32_16.png
Capture 2017-10-19 21_32_25.png
Capture 2017-10-19 21_32_32.png
Capture 2017-10-19 21_32_38.png
And here's all of them on bright.
Capture 2017-10-19 21_32_48.png

So basically the time right in the middle and high is the starting time, and activates the 6 o'clock articulators. From there it goes to the far right timer, which activates the 4:30 o'clock articulators, and from there it goes left until the last timer in a counter clockwise action (which could be flipped by flipping the timer set-up). The timers turn on the next one and off the last one in a neat way, so it never get's messed up. The dart trap is activated by the last timer on the left, the dart hits the teal pressure plate (it must be teal, and if you don't block it off some one could shoot it and mess everything up) and turns off the last timer before it can start going back to the right and it also turns on the first timer on the top, thus repeating the process.

I feel like this was slightly complicated way to go about it, so if you don't understand something I could try making a gif of the timers in action, or whatever you think would be most helpful. ;)

I never could use timer cascades like that...
I also love the "curves" you put in your builds, they are beautiful.

Thanks! I can't really find a practical use for the timer cascade either, might make a weird clock tower for it... my main issue is making it last for 24 real life minutes.

Back
Top Bottom