Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute, will the UI remove our (handy-dandy) ruler screen that shows up whenever we place blocks/use tools? Pls say no :dryadhappy:

I need news on the mobile 1.3 update. Also could there be a few pre-hardmode summon weapons added because I want to try a summoner playthrough. Hopefully some that are easier to get. Maybe one you can find in a chest or something so you don't have to kill stuff using non-summon weapons. That way I would say I did it the true way without giving a summon weapon to the character you intend to use to do a summoner playthrough. Also add more character customization options pls.

Last edited:
I never said this!
On the PS4 version they removed the cloud in favor for the ps4’s built in cloud system. I’m not sure about the Xbox version, but I’m pretty sure it’s the same. I think they will keep it bc not every mobile device has a cloud system. Hope that helps.

Thank You For Telling Me But One Thing As You Said The 3ds Version Is Stalying at 1.2.4 Mine On is on 1.0.4 So Can You Tell Me How To Update It From 1.0.4 To 1.2.4

Thank You For Telling Me But One Thing As You Said The 3ds Version Is Stalying at 1.2.4 Mine On is on 1.0.4 So Can You Tell Me How To Update It From 1.0.4 To 1.2.4
The last and latest version for the 3DS is 1.0.5, it should be available as an update from the eShop.

The 3Ds version is approximately equivalent to PC version 1.2.0, with a few extra things. It does not have all of the content from PC 1.2.4.

How come there are crafting recipes for lens, Flower of fire, nature's gift, etc.
The image in the original post is not a real screenshot. It's a creation to give people an idea of what kind of UI they are trying to make. The items in it are not real recipes.

So one company is developing a single platform and another company is responsible for 4 different platforms.
Basically. ReLogic is a really small crew so working on a single platform is about what they can handle. Pipeworks however is a much larger studio. Plus they aren't technically working on 4 different versions of the game.

Terraria on PC is written in XNA, a mostly dead version of DirectX for Microsoft platforms from around the time of the 360. The older console versions of Terraria were written in C++ and no longer being updated. The current gen console version as made by Pipeworks is written in Unity. So really they are taking a single port of the game and adjusting it for 4 different platforms.

It's a much more work front loaded into the project to hopefully make things smoother and faster in the long term. Either way it's a massive undertaking, so no surprise it's taking a while. For a port like they are doing I'm honestly surprised the release wasn't worse than what we got.

I hope they try to add the bosses, items, etc. from other platforms onto mobile. I also hope they make it so the NPSs have a way to defend themselves because I hate having to always protect them.

I hope they try to add the bosses, items, etc. from other platforms onto mobile. I also hope they make it so the NPSs have a way to defend themselves because I hate having to always protect them.
The console exclusives are probably not coming to mobile. The NPCs already defend themselves in patch 1.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom