How to make Terraria work again? Need help!

Jz9

Terrarian
So I have been playing Terraria for a few months on Steam and fairly recently, my Terraria refuses to launch. This has happened before but uninstalling/installing the game and the Steam itself has worked a little bit. Then...It decided to completely not work. Here is the image of the error message that I've been given:
1584547266561.png

I really need anyone who is familiar with this, please :( Maybe it's my laptop not handling it well, but I have played Terraria before on it so something must have happened. The only thing I have tried is reinstalling as I do not have enough knowledge with such stuff.

If it helps, here is my details on my laptop:
1584547447364.png

I do get it this is not a gaming laptop and it may struggle to launch some heavy games, but I don't know what else to do, so please give me some advice on what to do. Thank you x

So I have been playing Terraria for a few months on Steam and fairly recently, my Terraria refuses to launch. This has happened before but uninstalling/installing the game and the Steam itself has worked a little bit. Then...It decided to completely not work. Here is the image of the error message that I've been given: View attachment 245608

I really need anyone who is familiar with this, please :( Maybe it's my laptop not handling it well, but I have played Terraria before on it so something must have happened. The only thing I have tried is reinstalling as I do not have enough knowledge with such stuff.

If it helps, here is my details on my laptop:
View attachment 245609

I do get it this is not a gaming laptop and it may struggle to launch some heavy games, but I don't know what else to do, so please give me some advice on what to do. Thank you x
Looks like you have a corrupt file, but reinstalling Terraria should ordinarily fix that. Try these steps instead:
  1. Right click Terraria in Steam, select Manage > Browse Local Files.
  2. Open the Content folder, select the Images folder and delete it.
  3. Right click Terraria in Steam again and select Properties...
  4. Click on the Local Files tab, then select Verify Integrity of Game Files...
  5. A window will pop up. Once it's finished doing its stuff, Steam should start downloading the missing files.
  6. Once the download is complete, try starting Terraria.
Let me know if that works for you.

Sorry for a very long reply. It said it has failed to validate the files...I'm not sure what else to do tbh

Back
Top Bottom