tModLoader P.A.N.G. Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello people. This is a Mod that me and my 3 friends are working on. The mod addes 4 classes to the game, as well as some other stuff and if you are a Team Fortress 2 fan then you will very soon realise that there are a lot of things related to it :). P.A.N.G. stands for the the first letter of our names which we will reveal later on ;). Any help by you would be highly appreciated and any comment will be accepted (just don't be rude pls).And now with no farther ado here are the classes :
-Liquidator (uses different liquid items to kill)
-Scientist (uses science-related items as a weapon)
-Caster (uses magic spells which make items drop from the sky)
-Hacker (uses technology to fight)
:golem:~;)

Last edited:
I will be updating our page every weekend so I hope I see any replies. Rn I am on a vaccation and I will go back to my house in 5 days so no programming until then. My friends can still make some progress alone :D

Last edited:
ok so now I need a 30x30 pixels sprite that is a bucket made out of hellstone that contains lava but the lava a bit darker than normal lava (with a chain to hold it)

Alright i finished the cain meaning its complete and here are the buckets

Attachments

• mahogany bucket.png
    mahogany bucket.png
    585 bytes · Views: 42
  • crimtane bucket.png
    crimtane bucket.png
    480 bytes · Views: 39
  • bone hurting juice.png
    bone hurting juice.png
    371 bytes · Views: 40
  • black sea.png
    black sea.png
    524 bytes · Views: 53
  • hella hot bucket (1).png
    hella hot bucket (1).png
    566 bytes · Views: 42
Last edited:
So this mod plans to introduce 4 new classes. Could be quite the undertaking depending just how in-depth each one is planned to be. That can easily be a whole lot of work. Doable, but a big scope. I'm curious about each of them.

Liquidator is going work how? Like using buckets, but as weaponized liquids? Which already works with lava buckets, although not exactly the most graceful means of working. Maybe the liquids are created in other ways like liquid sprayers and bombs. That can very quickly become messy with liquids.

Scientist is very vague. What would that even play like? is it a chemist or alchemist sort of deal? Experimental weapons like fancy energy guns? Diseases? Bio related stuff?

Caster, I'm also not so sure what it'll do. Says casts spells that makes items drop from the sky. Is this like the magic class weapons that rain down projectiles from the top of the screen, but as an entire weapon class?

Hacker, like scientist, is also very vague. Technology could mean several things. Are we talking about like energy guns like the magic guns? High tech stuff? Some sort of actual hacking in a way?

Do the classes have mechanics to make them stand out? Theme alone won't make very interesting classes if they play just like the vanilla ones.

So this mod plans to introduce 4 new classes. Could be quite the undertaking depending just how in-depth each one is planned to be. That can easily be a whole lot of work. Doable, but a big scope. I'm curious about each of them.

Liquidator is going work how? Like using buckets, but as weaponized liquids? Which already works with lava buckets, although not exactly the most graceful means of working. Maybe the liquids are created in other ways like liquid sprayers and bombs. That can very quickly become messy with liquids.

Scientist is very vague. What would that even play like? is it a chemist or alchemist sort of deal? Experimental weapons like fancy energy guns? Diseases? Bio related stuff?

Caster, I'm also not so sure what it'll do. Says casts spells that makes items drop from the sky. Is this like the magic class weapons that rain down projectiles from the top of the screen, but as an entire weapon class?

Hacker, like scientist, is also very vague. Technology could mean several things. Are we talking about like energy guns like the magic guns? High tech stuff? Some sort of actual hacking in a way?

Do the classes have mechanics to make them stand out? Theme alone won't make very interesting classes if they play just like the vanilla ones.
Liquidator just makes liquid projectiles but I will probably add some weapons that create a liquid. Scientist will mostly use flasks so to make it more clear he is more like an alchemist but I will add some exceptions. Caster is exactly the way you said. Hacker will be like technology guns and some throwables and some summon weapons that create robots. I am a very new modder and it is a lot of work to be done so it will surely take a lot of time but with some help and ideas given by people commenting on our forum it will be done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom