Items - GIANT SLINGSHOT - Launch Yourself Through the Air Like an Angry Bird!

Rexsilion26

Terrarian
This item would be perfect for traveling long distances in the early game.
When I say long distances I mean being able to pass through entire biomes.

You could craft several of these giant slingshots and place them around your world.

Could they be crafted with wood and, maybe spider webs?

How it works
You press "W" to get on the Slingshot, then you use the mouse to drag your character and point where you want to go.

Remember the damage caused by falling, use an umbrella or some accessory that prevents you from dying.

I think it would be really cool!

Last edited:
Here's a VERY VERY bad sprite i made because I was bored

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    874 bytes · Views: 10
This is pretty cool but I feel like it should have another item added to its recipe so it wouldn't be obtained too early. Maybe replace the spider webs with Vines?

I've always been a bit disappointed that launching yourself across the world is locked to post-Moon Lord (with the Portal Gun.)

I actually really, really, really love this idea. I would use this a lot, just for fun, but also for functionallity. Would you be able to launch it any direction?

It might also be interesting to implement this as a grappling hook for a portable version. Maybe call it the "Rubber Hook".

This is pretty unbalanced. Minecarts are pretty expensive, and pylons take work to set up (And are also limited by your current amount of NPCs.) This can be obtained very early, and let's you travel much further, and cheaper than minecarts.

Maybe make it not shoot you as far, and make it not obtainable pre-boss.

Back
Top Bottom